Next Announcement thread

Matt42

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it me or have Shangri La been exceptionally quiet this year? Maybe it's because they made a howling arse of their announcements last year 

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Have The Glade just confirmed Underworld  for Friday night on the Other Stage? Looks like it.

How is that going to work, surely Underworld won't be subbing, as in not playing in complete darkness 

3 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Is it me or have Shangri La been exceptionally quiet this year? Maybe it's because they made a howling arse of their announcements last year 

How is that going to work, surely Underworld won't be subbing, as in not playing in complete darkness 

They subbed the Pyramid in '99 (followed by a meander over to Jazz World for Orbital - which was nice)

Underworld - LCD Soundsystem then over to the Glade for Carl Cox would be epic.

1 minute ago, rebus said:

They subbed the Pyramid in '99 (followed by a meander over to Jazz World for Orbital - which was nice)

Yeah, this is the dream. And they said they're gonna do their best not to clash Underworld and Carl Cox...

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

Beat Hotel are usually pretty active on twitter before announcing aren't they?

Pretty sure I remember them announcing what drinks they'd be serving before their lineup was announced last year.

I could however be wrong...!

My point being they haven't posted anything since April 28th so if the above is correct can't see us getting anything too soon.

Beat Hotel lineup didn't come out last year until the full Glastonbury lineup with times etc.

according to The Thingy, the only year they had a separate announcement was 2011.

I wouldn't be expecting it before the full lineup anyway.

24 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Well that's odd. Subbing LCD perhaps? Although that would shoot down the Bastille/Disclosure theory I was hoping to happen

20 minutes ago, rebus said:

I think the best you can hope for it Underworld finishing on WHs before Cox starts. This being said Underworld could sub Other, it's completely dark enough for them as sub, Mark Ronsons set was fine and he needed lights just as much.

in dismissing underworld headlining other Friday night your all assuming the rumors we`ve heard about the other stage lineup and whose playing what set what date are 100% accurate when they are after all simply rumors, strong rumors or not none of us know 100% who is playing that stage and in what order. I still think bring me the horizon is a surprising booking for the other so high up the bill, I have a feeling they might actually be headlining the john peel one night. Leaving a slot free for.....underworld!

Edited by waterfalls212434

2 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

in dismissing underworld headlining other Friday night your all assuming the rumors we`ve heard about the other stage lineup and whose playing what set what date are 100% accurate when they are after all simply rumors, strong rumors or not none of us know 100% who is playing that stage and in what order. I still think bring me the horizon is a surprising booking for the other so high up the bill, I have a feeling they might actually be headlining the john peel one night. Leaving a slot free for.....underworld!

Underworld simply aren't big enough to headline Other, and we already have a whole host of acts who look far more likely to be Other headliners than them. WH or JP headliners for sure

The strapline of TheThingy is Official Glastonbury Announcements so I'm keeping Toad Hall off for now. Although admittedly sone of tge older stuff is things like Guardian leeks lineup.

The smaller bars/stages listed on TheThingy such as Stonebridge Bar and Bourbon Street all had announcements on the official site.

If they do announce I'll add it in. I'm thinking of doing something different with the 3rd page as I'm sure no-one looks at the photos. Maybe unofficial announcements, rumour, conjecture etc.

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

The strapline of TheThingy is Official Glastonbury Announcements so I'm keeping Toad Hall off for now. Although admittedly sone of tge older stuff is things like Guardian leeks lineup.

The smaller bars/stages listed on TheThingy such as Stonebridge Bar and Bourbon Street all had announcements on the official site.

If they do announce I'll add it in. I'm thinking of doing something different with the 3rd page as I'm sure no-one looks at the photos. Maybe unofficial announcements, rumour, conjecture etc.

Isn't Toad Hall an official venue?

EDIT: There's a third page?

Edited by stuartbert two hats