Next Announcement thread

Matt42

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

I would have to disagree. The distance from a point on the edge of a regular hexagon through the centre to the other side is not always the same. The distance from corner to corner would be greater than the distance from the mid point of a side to the mid point of the opposite side. 

Bizarrely, they could have said the speakers are at regular intervals around a circle of diameter 38 metres, and I wouldn't have had any issue with it. 

I shall have to disagree with your disagreement and be more of a pedant than previously ;)

http://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/geometry-plane/polygon.php

Just now, Mezhyp1 said:

Gave The Beat Hotel a message to ask if they could tell me when the line up would be shared, they said it should be very very soon, good news 

Funktion One and imminent Beat Hotel news. This is a good morning. 

Actually, there may be some lineup clues in the pdf linked from the Funktion One announcement http://www.funktion-one.com/dl/files/1602.pdf

To avoid upsetting the Bands with delayed percussive information we avoided aiming any of the loudspeakers at the stage

and

Our options for further experimentation in conjunction with live bands were limited by the effects of the slow speed of sound. We had become involved with the emerging House Music Dance Culture and found it to be more compatible and exciting than the conventional set up of band on stage with a stack of loudspeakers either side.

So does this mean that The Glade won't be having so much in the way of live bands this year?  No Levellers for instance? Perhaps Dreadzone will be elsewhere? From what I can tell, that sentence about Nile Rogers and Alison Moyet is totally irrelevant since VERO doesn't appear to have the hexagon arrangement at all.

Even though I like the sound of their speakers, I'm not quite so keen on their PR.  They've done quite a bit of giving shit to their competitors, as if every other manufacturer is just following some hype train and don't know what they're doing, which is patently false. I think Martin have got the Pyramid under control!  Still, glad to see them back in force after being totally gone in 2014.

36 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

So does this mean that The Glade won't be having so much in the way of live bands this year?

My guess would be that this would be a new part of Glade, separate to the other stages. Perhaps where Arcadia were for that one year? There's plenty of room...

Have I missed where this has been picked up for Shangri La...sorry if I am late with this one

We're happy to make the first of many incredible music announcements for Shangri-La this year...

World record breaking beatboxer and Glasto veteran Shlomo will be bringing his truly unique live show to our fields.

D'n'b hero Shy FX, alongside an myriad of special guests, will be raising a tornado of dancing dust on the Hell Stage next month!

Finally, the festival legends Dub Pistols will be making their long overdue Shangri-La debut.

Keep an eye out for plenty more announcements over the coming weeks... we've got a lot of ridiculously special names to share with you!

2 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

Have I missed where this has been picked up for Shangri La...sorry if I am late with this one

We're happy to make the first of many incredible music announcements for Shangri-La this year...

World record breaking beatboxer and Glasto veteran Shlomo will be bringing his truly unique live show to our fields.

D'n'b hero Shy FX, alongside an myriad of special guests, will be raising a tornado of dancing dust on the Hell Stage next month!

Finally, the festival legends Dub Pistols will be making their long overdue Shangri-La debut.

Keep an eye out for plenty more announcements over the coming weeks... we've got a lot of ridiculously special names to share with you!

It was on here earlier...... which makes it even more odd that Efestivals have not updated their Lineup page.

Maybe they are busy adding lots and lots in the background.

2 hours ago, Junglist1981 said:

Could it be, perhaps, that Emily is busy having her baby?

doubt it, the other announcements went ahead with seemingly no involvement from Emily whatsoever other than the odd retweet. she doesn't really need to do anything for the announcements. there's plenty of other people behind the scenes that they don't need to rely on her.