Next Announcement thread

Matt42

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the last time we had to wait for more than a few days for an announcement was when we got the Silver Hayes line up, which was on a Wednesday. The previous announcement to that was the Kidz Field, which was a Tuesday. Our last announcement was Block 9, last Tuesday. Therefore we can clearly expect the next announcement today, because it's Wednesday. Capisce?

24 minutes ago, big__phil said:

So the last time we had to wait for more than a few days for an announcement was when we got the Silver Hayes line up, which was on a Wednesday. The previous announcement to that was the Kidz Field, which was a Tuesday. Our last announcement was Block 9, last Tuesday. Therefore we can clearly expect the next announcement today, because it's Wednesday. Capisce?

god i hope your right

26 minutes ago, big__phil said:

More irrefutable PhilthmaticsTM

There is a 0% chance of this not happening today. Hawking, Shmawking.

Ben

28 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Once again, I'm all aboard :locomotive:

Edited by jparx

Well, I thought it was pretty exciting.  Here's the transcript:

FUNKTION ONE EXPERIEMNTAL SOUND FIELD AT GLADE

This year Funktion One are installing a sound field at the Glade that is taking the sound to another level. These pioneers of sound were part of the crew that put on the first Glastonbury Fair. Founder Tony Andrews helped build the first pyramid in 1971 and remembers carrying speakers up the Tor for an after party! In 1979 he persuaded Michael to do the festival again and build a permanent Pyramid stage in which he led the construction team.

They and their loudspeakers were at the forefront of musical evolution and the emerging dance music scene becoming the preferred sound technicians for bands like Underworld and Chemical Brothers. In 1992 Funktion One famously ran the Experimental Soundfield in the field Shangri La is in now. Since then Funktion One has become the most popular dance music system in the world. Now in 2016 they are releasing a new system called VERO that has taken arena sound to a new level and is being used in live shows by the likes of Nile Rogers and Alison Moyet

The Ambisonic Soundfield at Glade will be 6 positions of Funktion One loudspeakers arranged in a perfect hexagon 38 metres in diameter. Two of the positions are either side of the stage like a standard left and right setup. These two positions have enough power to be used alone without the other four which make up the rest of the hexagon, The remaining four positions, each consisting of 2 x BR121, 2 x F215 and 2 x Evo6EH are used to add dimension to the main left and right stacks and/or moving events Funktion One have the ability to make sounds ‘move’ around inside the Soundfield and actually position a sound in the field be prepared to be totally blown away!!!

Geeks / Audiphiles - read more: http:///1Tjpl0S

3 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

A hexagon doesn't have a diameter. 

Oh god, I'm a maths nazi :( 

Oh but they do.

Measure the length of one side of the hexagon with the ruler and record the length.

Measure the other sides of the hexagon to make sure the hexagon is regular. In a regular hexagon, all six sides will be equal. If the hexagon is irregular, it will not have a diameter.

Multiply the side length by 2 to calculate the diameter of the hexagon. In a hexagon, the radius, or distance from the intersection of two sides to the center of the hexagon, is equal to the side length, and the diameter equals twice the radius. For example, if each side in your hexagon equals 13 inches, your diameter would be 26 inches

2 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Oh but they do.

Measure the length of one side of the hexagon with the ruler and record the length.

Measure the other sides of the hexagon to make sure the hexagon is regular. In a regular hexagon, all six sides will be equal. If the hexagon is irregular, it will not have a diameter.

Multiply the side length by 2 to calculate the diameter of the hexagon. In a hexagon, the radius, or distance from the intersection of two sides to the center of the hexagon, is equal to the side length, and the diameter equals twice the radius. For example, if each side in your hexagon equals 13 inches, your diameter would be 26 inches

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

It can if it's regular

Oh god, I'm an insufferable pedant :(

Ben

You and me both then.

29 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

I thought the sound system was pretty decent anyway, this will take it to a whole new level!

Glade was one of the stages that impressed me most with their sound system last year, I can't wait to hear how good it will sound with the upgrade

now if they would just release some their line up so I can begin preparing my ear for the joy that would be great

3 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Oh but they do.

I would have to disagree. The distance from a point on the edge of a regular hexagon through the centre to the other side is not always the same. The distance from corner to corner would be greater than the distance from the mid point of a side to the mid point of the opposite side. 

Bizarrely, they could have said the speakers are at regular intervals around a circle of diameter 38 metres, and I wouldn't have had any issue with it.