Weather 2016

Keithy

11 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Don't think you'll find any evidence that Huddersfield was ever the capital of the West Riding of Yorkshire, Jeffie! 

Ha, so you say.....

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, danielharris627 said:

Hiking boots vs wellies, what should I take? Preferably only one. 

Think it depends on how decent your wellies are. Mine were pricey but they're comfy so I'm wellies all the way. Others on this board are staunch hiking boot wearers. Think in general, hiking boots are comfier and cope with most weather. Wellies only if it's a wet mud bath.

1 hour ago, Stretlow said:

Was in Trafford park at work and both roads near Kellogg's were flooded with the traffic at a standstill 

Work in Trafford Park too and walked 5 minutes to the bus stop by Kellogg's and was absolutely soaking wet through, had puddles in my socks. Crazy weather of biblical proportions

3 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Who's Gav anyway? The BBC are standing firm, saying it's going to be OK. I'm clinging to that plus....it's too far away to be really sure.

Gav is someone who was ok at the back end of last week but he's turned into a bit of a prick recently. This has corsponded whit the decline in his weather forecasts 

5 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Who's Gav anyway? The BBC are standing firm, saying it's going to be OK. I'm clinging to that plus....it's too far away to be really sure.

I don't remember this Gav character being very accurate last year 

2 hours ago, DeanoL said:

They've actually cancelled it.

14 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

No you didn't. You said you might not go if it rains a lot. Again. When there are threads like the competition  and resale  threads still going and you keep talking about not bothering to go because of the weather or lineup it's frustrating.  Sure, great bands and nice weather make it better most of us on here have a wonderful time at the festival no matter what the weather or scheduled acts. It's practically a utopia where we feel freedom and kinship with other people like no other place.  Since getting tickets is so hard and the festival is so special, to contemplate giving up your ticket without serious external pressures is frustrating, when there are obviously other people who love the place like we do, but are unable to go.

Hope this helps explain the reaction.

Not really but thanks for your input and not just being a knob about it like others have been.

end of the day it's just a festival. A great one, but with a weaker than average lineup this year.  This is speaking from experience and the majority of people I know who go also agree.

There's more to life than Glastonbury. If it was going to chuck it down all weekend, I'd happily sell my ticket face value to a deserving efestivals no problem. I've already arrange this before and helped people on these boards with friends tickets who couldn't make it in past years.

In fact a friend of mine couldn't make it 2 years ago due to a brain injury and I got stick on these boards for trying to sell his ticket on here face value. Literally some people are just total knob ends on here!

Ive been going for over 15 years and had many laughs and been part of that festival for all this time. I like to think spreading joy, togetherness and freedom within the Glastonbury paradigm. 

Im actually quite looking forward to it now the weather looks brighter. I don't have the added pressure this year of having loads of must see acts, as the lineups not got them pulls for me. Free time to wonder, chill, be with friends and make new ones.

the entiltted and elitist attitude on these boards literally beggars belief. It's almost like a vacuum where you can't say anything remotely critical about the festival, even if you are speaking with experience.

Here's the average and maximum rain forecasts for all the websites today. The x axis is time and the far right of the graphs is the Tuesday before the festival. As you can see the predicted rainfall is very similar to the last three years at the same point. And we are very close to the point when the 2013 and 2015 forecasts started getting good and the 2014 forecasts starting getting bad.

mean 16.JPGmax 16.JPG

Edited by pedmills