Weather 2016

Keithy

5 minutes ago, chestwig said:

Not really but thanks for your input and not just being a knob about it like others have been.

end of the day it's just a festival. A great one, but with a weaker than average lineup this year.  This is speaking from experience and the majority of people I know who go also agree.

There's more to life than Glastonbury. If it was going to chuck it down all weekend, I'd happily sell my ticket face value to a deserving efestivals no problem. I've already arrange this before and helped people on these boards with friends tickets who couldn't make it in past years.

In fact a friend of mine couldn't make it 2 years ago due to a brain injury and I got stick on these boards for trying to sell his ticket on here face value. Literally some people are just total knob ends on here!

Ive been going for over 15 years and had many laughs and been part of that festival for all this time. I like to think spreading joy, togetherness and freedom within the Glastonbury paradigm. 

Im actually quite looking forward to it now the weather looks brighter. I don't have the added pressure this year of having loads of must see acts, as the lineups not got them pulls for me. Free time to wonder, chill, be with friends and make new ones.

the entiltted and elitist attitude on these boards literally beggars belief. It's almost like a vacuum where you can't say anything remotely critical about the festival, even if you are speaking with experience.

Just because you've been going for 15 years doesn't mean you are speaking with experience, viewpoints are subjective. Everyone has opinions, these sometimes differ. I disagree with you that bad weather would stop you going to the festival, I think you should give everything a try before you dismiss it.

i would say the reason people are disgruntled with you is the fact you're calling them knob ends.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, chestwig said:

Not really but thanks for your input and not just being a knob about it like others have been.

end of the day it's just a festival. A great one, but with a weaker than average lineup this year.  This is speaking from experience and the majority of people I know who go also agree.

There's more to life than Glastonbury. If it was going to chuck it down all weekend, I'd happily sell my ticket face value to a deserving efestivals no problem. I've already arrange this before and helped people on these boards with friends tickets who couldn't make it in past years.

In fact a friend of mine couldn't make it 2 years ago due to a brain injury and I got stick on these boards for trying to sell his ticket on here face value. Literally some people are just total knob ends on here!

Ive been going for over 15 years and had many laughs and been part of that festival for all this time. I like to think spreading joy, togetherness and freedom within the Glastonbury paradigm. 

Im actually quite looking forward to it now the weather looks brighter. I don't have the added pressure this year of having loads of must see acts, as the lineups not got them pulls for me. Free time to wonder, chill, be with friends and make new ones.

the entiltted and elitist attitude on these boards literally beggars belief. It's almost like a vacuum where you can't say anything remotely critical about the festival, even if you are speaking with experience.

I do understand what you mean.Glastonbury is still fun in rain but it's hard work when it's anything like 2007 or 2011. 

Woah! So yr.no has turned to absolutely torrential shit!

http://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/England/Pilton~7292387/long.html

Monday20/06/2016 01:00–07:00 Rain.  For the period: 01:00–07:00 14° 4.2 mm Gentle breeze, 4 m/s from south-southwestGentle breeze, 4 m/s from south-southwest
07:00–13:00 Heavy rain.  For the period: 07:00–13:00 14° 5.5 mm Gentle breeze, 4 m/s from south-southwestGentle breeze, 4 m/s from south-southwest
13:00–19:00 Rain.  For the period: 13:00–19:00 16° 1.4 mm Gentle breeze, 6 m/s from south-southwestGentle breeze, 6 m/s from south-southwest
19:00–01:00 Rain.  For the period: 19:00–01:00 16° 1.5 mm Gentle breeze, 5 m/s from south-southwestGentle breeze, 5 m/s from south-southwest
Tuesday21/06/2016 01:00–07:00 Light rain.  For the period: 01:00–07:00 15° 0.8 mm Gentle breeze, 5 m/s from south-southwestGentle breeze, 5 m/s from south-southwest
07:00–13:00 Cloudy.  For the period: 07:00–13:00 15° 0 mm Gentle breeze, 4 m/s from south-southwestGentle breeze, 4 m/s from south-southwest
13:00–19:00 Cloudy.  For the period: 13:00–19:00 17° 0 mm Gentle breeze, 4 m/s from south-southwestGentle breeze, 4 m/s from south-southwest
19:00–01:00 Cloudy.  For the period: 19:00–01:00 18° 0 mm Gentle breeze, 4 m/s from south-southwestGentle breeze, 4 m/s from south-southwest
Wednesday22/06/2016 01:00–07:00 Cloudy.  For the period: 01:00–07:00 14° 0 mm Light air, 2 m/s from south-southeastLight air, 2 m/s from south-southeast
07:00–13:00 Rain.  For the period: 07:00–13:00 14° 2.6 mm Light air, 2 m/s from southeastLight air, 2 m/s from southeast
13:00–19:00 Heavy rain.  For the period: 13:00–19:00 20° 7.7 mm Light air, 2 m/s from south-southeastLight air, 2 m/s from south-southeast
19:00–01:00 Heavy rain.  For the period: 19:00–01:00 19° 6.6 mm Light air, 1 m/s from north-northeastLight air, 1 m/s from north-northeast
Thursday23/06/2016 01:00–07:00 Heavy rain.  For the period: 01:00–07:00 17° 5.6 mm Light air, 1 m/s from east-northeastLight air, 1 m/s from east-northeast
07:00–13:00 Rain showers.  For the period: 07:00–13:00 17° 2.0 mm Light air, 2 m/s from east-northeastLight air, 2 m/s from east-northeast
13:00–19:00 Heavy rain showers.  For the period: 13:00–19:00 21° 11.7 mm Light breeze, 3 m/s from eastLight breeze, 3 m/s from east
19:00–01:00 Rain.  For the period: 19:00–01:00 19° 3.1 mm Light air, 1 m/s from north-northwestLight air, 1 m/s from north-northwest
Friday24/06/2016 01:00–07:00 Rain.  For the period: 01:00–07:00 16° 3.2 mm Light air, 2 m/s from northeastLight air, 2 m/s from northeast
07:00–13:00 Rain.  For the period: 07:00–13:00 16° 3.0 mm Light breeze, 2 m/s from north-northeastLight breeze, 2 m/s from north-northeast
13:00–19:00 Rain.  For the period: 13:00–19:00 18° 1.3 mm Light air, 2 m/s from westLight air, 2 m/s from west
19:00–01:00 Rain.  For the period: 19:00–01:00 18° 3.2 mm Moderate breeze, 6 m/s from north-northwestModerate breeze, 6 m/s from north-northwest
Saturday25/06/2016 01:00–07:00 Cloudy.  For the period: 01:00–07:00 15° 0 mm Gentle breeze, 6 m/s from northwestGentle breeze, 6 m/s from northwest
07:00–13:00 Cloudy.  For the period: 07:00–13:00 14° 0 mm Moderate breeze, 6 m/s from northwestModerate breeze, 6 m/s from northwest
13:00–19:00 Cloudy.  For the period: 13:00–19:00 16° 0 mm Moderate breeze, 6 m/s from west-northwestModerate breeze, 6 m/s from west-northwest
19:00–01:00 Partly cloudy.  For the period: 19:00–01:00 16° 0 mm Light breeze, 3 m/s from north-northwestLight breeze, 3 m/s from north-northwest
Sunday26/06/2016 01:00–07:00 Partly cloudy.  For the period: 01:00–07:00 14° 0 mm Light breeze, 2 m/s from west-northwestLight breeze, 2 m/s from west-northwest
07:00–13:00 Light rain showers.  For the period: 07:00–13:00 13° 0.5 mm Light air, 2 m/s from west-northwestLight air, 2 m/s from west-northwest

Sorry don't want to drag things down and don't think there is any obvious reason for this but scared me a bit and I've had some vodka

Edited by richcressey
Overly negative

Everyone is entitled to their opinion about the lineup @chestwig, I entirely understand how you feel. There are a lot of repeats, to me there are no standout headliners, you've seen it all before, I get that.  It is just that you seem to have banged on about it.

"The lineup on the first release is shit, I may not go." Fair enough.

"The lineup's still shit after the second release, I may not go". Fair enough.

"I've paid my balance but the lineup's shit". Right.

"Tell me who I should see cos the lineups shit". Good idea.

"The lineup's still shit". Well, you knew that (I don't think it is but still). 

"Now the weather is shit, I may not go". Really?

Maybe you've not complained as much as I perceive you to have done, if that's the case then I'm sorry but I don't think I am wrong, am I?

Edited by Gnomicide
added paragraphs that I couldn't before.

Rain has been absolutely relentless in Birmingham for at least 4 days now. Constant heavy downpours, floods and storms. 

If this weather starts to move south west we will truly be fucked, can't remember the last time we had rain this bad.

iphone weather is showing Shepton Mallet as torrential all week now too. Great :(

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The upside of that is the Norwegians may be way off the mark.

Appreciating the optimism CalGon. That's the kinda thinking we need in here. 

I might not be able to bring myself to look at the forecast on Sunday night...

...nah, who am I kidding!

I've just checked 6 forecasts none predicting the same thing and none predicting biblical amounts of rain. Now I'm either being optimistic or there are way too many doom merchants on here tonight. 

3 minutes ago, fat_man_joe said:

Anyone got any tips for getting muddy wellies off when back at the tent?

It's not too bad getting the one off - using the other, still-wellied foot - but beyond that is a struggle. I might just sleep with my legs out the tent.

Pull binbag over welly, pull welly off through clean side of bag, put already-off welly in the bag too to contain the brown stuff. (Leave bag open to allow them to air out)

2 minutes ago, fat_man_joe said:

Anyone got any tips for getting muddy wellies off when back at the tent?

It's not too bad getting the one off - using the other, still-wellied foot - but beyond that is a struggle. I might just sleep with my legs out the tent.

Somebody else had two good suggestions? Either bring a pair of rubber gloves to use or, alternatively, put your feet inside a black bin liner and take them off using the outside of it. With the latter, at least you're keeping your muddy wellies out of the way and can just leave them in there overnight.

7 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

fuck this thread. it's got me all worried it's gonna be a mudbath now. not returning until Tuesday (maybe)

Apparently shangri la has a river rinning through it!

Im sticking with BBC for Pilton, wall to wall sunshine

1 minute ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Pull binbag over welly, pull welly off through clean side of bag, put already-off welly in the bag too to contain the brown stuff. (Leave bag open to allow them to air out)

2 minutes ago, JanieM28 said:

Somebody else had two good suggestions? Either bring a pair of rubber gloves to use or, alternatively, put your feet inside a black bin liner and take them off using the outside of it. With the latter, at least you're keeping your muddy wellies out of the way and can just leave them in there overnight.

I need to write these down.

16 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

I added up some of those wet mm's.  Um, 30mm in just over a day?  What in the...

I'm fine.  It's fine. *rocks gently*

La La La...I can't hear you...

*sticks fingers in ears and goes to my happy place (bbc weather).