So who is going to replace Foo Fighters?

majormajormajor

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there would be in the eyes of the average fan, Kanye and TS headlining? there would be a lot of negative press

Just the same as there was for Gorillaz and Beyonce!

To be honest, I think it's all hypothetical anyway. It's so late in the day that I think Florence will be bumped. 

It isn't:

Noel G

Elbow

Fleetwood Mac

Mumford and Sons

The Prodigy

Muse (feel free to add more)

Due to shows that are already announced

It isn't

ACDC

Daft Punk

The Stone Roses

Prince

Because well, it just isn't any of them

Who does that realistically leave us with?

Blur? They seem highly plausible

Coldplay? Too soon? Too common? Never know

Foals? Enough time to put a headline slot together?

I am really confused

I think Foals are headlining some of the festivals they're doing in Europe so that wouldn't be a problem. I'd love for it to be them but really don't see it happening.

I am absolutely devastated, 1st Fleetwood Mac Manchester gig cancelled & not rescheduled and they took £19 off me for the pleasure and now this the 1 band I was dead excited to be see again (and I don't care if seen them at own gig the other week)...aaaaaarrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhh!!!

I understand why they have cancelled but I pretty much upset by all this b*llocks its soooo unfair :girlwah: :girlwah: :girlwah:

I think Foals are headlining some of the festivals they're doing in Europe so that wouldn't be a problem. I'd love for it to be them but really don't see it happening.

I'm in the same boat, they are absolutely 100% who I wish it to be

Don't see it being Biffy due to lack of shows

The Strokes or The Libertines I suppose are possible? Aren't they? Or are The Libs in Russia in Saturday so it's not them

Edited by Mezhyp1

42 can't type for shit tonight.

I reckon Emily should put her money where her mouth is a get Flo there, it makes so much sense. British, female, ripe for the boost, history with the festival, it's ludicrous they got The Who instead of her as it is.

Whilst they don't need to placate FF fans they do need to make sure that who ever replaces them is a big enough draw that other stages don't become over crowded as a result. If Flo headlines will those that were going to watch FF stay there or will they end up crowding the Park and WH to uncomfortable levels?

42 can't type for shit tonight.

I reckon Emily should put her money where her mouth is a get Flo there, it makes so much sense. British, female, ripe for the boost, history with the festival, it's ludicrous they got The Who instead of her as it is.

You're a disgrace to your avatar.