So who is going to replace Foo Fighters?

majormajormajor

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

big difference between gorillaz replacing u2 and TS replacing FF

Is there? If anything I would say a niche act like Gorillaz (especially given their lack of UK fanbase) is more of a risk than Swift is. FF and U2 are both MOR rock acts, let's not kid ourselves.

Glastonbury doesn't have to cater to the Foo Fighters crowd. If anything, there is already a rock act in the form of The Who. 

Is there? If anything I would say a niche act like Gorillaz (especially given their lack of UK fanbase) is more of a risk than Swift is. FF and U2 are both MOR rock acts, let's not kid ourselves.

Glastonbury doesn't have to cater to the Foo Fighters crowd. If anything, there is already a rock act in the form of The Who. 

there would be in the eyes of the average fan, Kanye and TS headlining? there would be a lot of negative press

God i'm kinda pessimistic because there's a possibility it could be someone really fucking

how long do you think it'l be until someone gets info of it before it's offiically annouced?

Predicting a strong rumour to emerge on thursday - we all dismiss it, then it turns out true just like the Who

It isn't:

Noel G

Elbow

Fleetwood Mac

Mumford and Sons

The Prodigy

Muse (feel free to add more)

Due to shows that are already announced

It isn't

ACDC

Daft Punk

The Stone Roses

Prince

Because well, it just isn't any of them

Who does that realistically leave us with?

Blur? They seem highly plausible

Coldplay? Too soon? Too common? Never know

Foals? Enough time to put a headline slot together?

I am really confused

My take: Wonder if the Blur or Strokes cheap sell off today had anything to do with it? Surely they won't bump Florence up with how upset people will be. U2 cancelled a month out, Gorillaz stepped in, Steve Winwood pulled out late in 97, Ash got bumped up, so they have form for both. Festival friends such as Coldplay and Radiohead aren't rehearsed. Muse are no longer bound by their confidentiality agreement, Foals revealed their comeback single tonight, ACDC are free, but unlikely as they're doing Berlin night before. Elton John is free with days spare either side.