Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

From what I’ve seen at CRSSED his set is still pretty similar to what was at Lost Village (but switched up of course, not identical), but I agree in that he’s definitely upped his value behind his DJ Sets

Also unmissable for me, he’s the number one not to miss (so far) 

Lima update...

Been to a few clubs in the last week, the usual reggaeton vibe (not my thing at all but I can go with it).

But last night, WOW.

We went to a place on the outskirts (ish) of the city that we kept hearing about. It was basically a huge complex with five rooms of music, all pretty fucking on point house and techno. It was like some kind of mansion or something, and the vibes were impeccable. It was a concealed entrance and all seemed a bit secretive at first, and then you get to the main rooms and it's just this huge club. So good.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Obiginnaw said:

From what I’ve seen at CRSSED his set is still pretty similar to what was at Lost Village (but switched up of course, not identical), but I agree in that he’s definitely upped his value behind his DJ Sets

Also unmissable for me, he’s the number one not to miss (so far) 

Yeah I do think those CRSSED and Okeechebee set seem like largely americanised versions of the lost village set (ie playboi carti).

hoping he’d switch it up by UK festivals this summer.

On 3/10/2022 at 3:56 AM, MaxPower said:

Anyone know how busy it was on Thursday 2019 on the WOW stage for this run from Ross from Friends?

like if you weren’t there by Jayda G we’re you stuck outside?

not sure we left the camping area on Thursday that year 

7D3CE4E9-8D0F-45F9-A96D-4D0ED3C6C433.jpeg

Wasn’t that busy I dipped in and out various times 

10 hours ago, Zacko said:

Lima update...

Been to a few clubs in the last week, the usual reggaeton vibe (not my thing at all but I can go with it).

But last night, WOW.

We went to a place on the outskirts (ish) of the city that we kept hearing about. It was basically a huge complex with five rooms of music, all pretty fucking on point house and techno. It was like some kind of mansion or something, and the vibes were impeccable. It was a concealed entrance and all seemed a bit secretive at first, and then you get to the main rooms and it's just this huge club. So good.

Torn between loving hearing about your South American adventure and hating it because it makes me so jealous! 
Keep the tales coming I guess! 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, TownesMR said:

Does anyone reckon that For Those I Love will make an appearance this year? Possibly on the BBC Introducing stage? Don't think he'd be big enough to be on the initial poster.

BBC Introducing doesn’t seem right for him, but could easily do Sonic, John Peel, William’s Green, Park…

1 hour ago, TownesMR said:

Does anyone reckon that For Those I Love will make an appearance this year? Possibly on the BBC Introducing stage? Don't think he'd be big enough to be on the initial poster.

I’m not sure he’d work on any of the main stages, I think he’d need somewhere a bit more intimate and would need the darkness of a tent. His tour last year was amazing but not sure how I’d feel seeing that at a festival, would be a real mood change having that set sandwiched in between more standard ones. I hope he is playing though, that album deserves as much exposure as possible.

46 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I’m not sure he’d work on any of the main stages, I think he’d need somewhere a bit more intimate and would need the darkness of a tent. His tour last year was amazing but not sure how I’d feel seeing that at a festival, would be a real mood change having that set sandwiched in between more standard ones. I hope he is playing though, that album deserves as much exposure as possible.

Does his sound "work" live?  Sometimes with artists like him the live shows aren't very good because the lyrics are impossible to follow.  Asking because I'd make an effort to see him if it's a good show.

2 hours ago, TownesMR said:

Oh could he make a guest appearance on Overmono’s set?

15 minutes ago, Butterz said:

Does his sound "work" live?  Sometimes with artists like him the live shows aren't very good because the lyrics are impossible to follow.  Asking because I'd make an effort to see him if it's a good show.

Yeah it was very different to any other gig I’ve been to but it certainly worked well live, there was good feedback all round on here from anyone who saw him last year. I do think it would be lost a bit in a bigger tent but I saw him in a 150 capacity venue and it was very intense, he puts so much into the performance and it’s visible how affected he is that it’s hard to zone out. It would definitely be a big mood change if you saw him in between seeing Diana Ross and Caribou but well worth catching him live if you enjoy the album and you’re in the mood for it.

• Thanks 1

On 3/8/2022 at 3:43 PM, Florian Saucer Attack said:

'Aphex is no stranger to the farm'

Is it true Aphex has played under a pseudonym on small stages in the past? 

Did anyone catch these sets? 

He played Spike in 2014 and I don't believe there where any clues as it's a tiny venue.

5npuwil5idb61 (1).jpg

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Ha that’s a laugh, was it billed on the lineup at all? How did you come across him?

There were a load of TBAs on the line-up and obviously most of them weren't anyone special, the photo isn't mine we were walking along the railway track at the time and there were a few people standing gawping we stopped for a bit but assumed it wasn't really him and moved on it wasn't until poking around on here after the event that I found out it was actually him.

Spike is good for a late night set, 2019 saw Irvine Welsh in fake moustache and Borussia Dortmund tracksuit putting on a bad German accent and playing some acid house.