Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

36 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Is Aphex a real possibility then? 

34 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

I think @Ddiamondd might have heard something about him being on Pangea?

Its @JoeyT with most of the Pangea info, i'm not sure Aphex Twin was his though

4 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Tbh, Aphex is the least secure of all the other names bandied about for Pangaea. Some are locked up, some are in late stage negotiations and I can't say which is which atm. But whether RDJ falls through before June, the possibility is very much in play.

Big guns aren't impossible. Don't forget one of Kraftwerk was booked in 2020. So was 👀 J___ M___  👀

The fest are inching closer to some spectacular draws, the electronic undercard gets stronger and varied every year, and Aphex is no stranger to the farm. So.... gotta keep the faith, right?

Jose Mourinho DJ set 

32 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Tbh, Aphex is the least secure of all the other names bandied about for Pangaea. Some are locked up, some are in late stage negotiations and I can't say which is which atm. But whether RDJ falls through before June, the possibility is very much in play.

Big guns aren't impossible. Don't forget one of Kraftwerk was booked in 2020. So was 👀 J___ M___  👀

The fest are inching closer to some spectacular draws, the electronic undercard gets stronger and varied every year, and Aphex is no stranger to the farm. So.... gotta keep the faith, right?

Unbelievable, Jeff

44 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Jeff Mills; fingers crossed they get him back!!

3 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Ah yeah that would be sick.

think my main Electronic Acts I’m desperate to catch this year are:

Four Tet

The Avalanches

Overmono

Prospa

Haai

Kettama

Ben UFO

Aphex Twin

Fjaak
Fred again

Bradley Zero

Oh we’d get on like house on fire, this is extremely similar to my list

ive seen that DJ Seinfeld is doing his Mirrors Album live at Lost Village, I hope that makes an appearance as that’s class, TSHA also took me by surprise there last year so I imagine she’ll be somewhere on the bill

hoping upon hope that Four Tet brings some friends along (in the shape of Skrillex) 

also Partiboi69 . Because of course Partiboi69 . Preferably Gas Tower at 4am 

not sure if it has been said ,  I tweeted , Mark Archer , Plump Dj's and the Stanton warriors asking if they were playing and if they were to like the tweet .

they all liked the tweet. It is not a huge surprise but i fucking love them all 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

'Aphex is no stranger to the farm'

Is it true Aphex has played under a pseudonym on small stages in the past? 

Did anyone catch these sets? 

19 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Cool.

So anyone paying attention could have worked out it was him from the stage times. I was under the impression you couldn't tell it was him from the name listing

13 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Yeh... he wasn't exactly keeping it secret!

Just had a google and it was before my time, but he played under his real name, Richard D James, on the Glade in 2005. 

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

That Bicep/Macca conundrum is the first signs of Clashageddon '22® . The latter takes it, cos it's a Beatle but it's a stinger, cos I really think that Bicep set is gonna be special

For me it's a no brainer. Bicep could be around for decades and will likely headline a glastonbury stage again in the next few years 

3 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

That Bicep/Macca conundrum is the first signs of Clashageddon '22® . The latter takes it, cos it's a Beatle but it's a stinger, cos I really think that Bicep set is gonna be special

Ah have we had info Bicep are Saturday? (Currently in Peru so I'm out of the loop a bit)

Thats a conundrum for me, because Bicep are headlining Love Saves the Day which I'm going to, but I agree the Glasto set could be huge. 

Just now, Zacko said:

Ah have we had info Bicep are Saturday? (Currently in Peru so I'm out of the loop a bit)

Thats a conundrum for me, because Bicep are headlining Love Saves the Day which I'm going to, but I agree the Glasto set could be huge. 

Yes, @FuzzyDunlop discovered it today from Bicep's website. 

"Currently in Peru". Pffft.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yes, @FuzzyDunlop discovered it today from Bicep's website. 

"Currently in Peru". Pffft.

I really don't think I'm prepared for the amount of headliner clashes.

Just popped in to some of the other threads and Ddiamondd's prediction of this has me completely perplexed as to who I'd see:

Friday: Billie / Foals / Four Tet / Little Simz / Phoebe Bridgers

Saturday: Macca / Doja Cat / Charli XCX / Bicep / Caribou

Sunday: Kendrick / Pet Shop Boys / Primal Scream / Burna Boy / Bonobo

I love Bonobo just as much as Kenny. Caribou and Bicep clash etc etc. Choosing between Foals and Four Tet. Ahhhh! 

4 minutes ago, Zacko said:

I really don't think I'm prepared for the amount of headliner clashes.

Just popped in to some of the other threads and Ddiamondd's prediction of this has me completely perplexed as to who I'd see:

Friday: Billie / Foals / Four Tet / Little Simz / Phoebe Bridgers

Saturday: Macca / Doja Cat / Charli XCX / Bicep / Caribou

Sunday: Kendrick / Pet Shop Boys / Primal Scream / Burna Boy / Bonobo

I love Bonobo just as much as Kenny. Caribou and Bicep clash etc etc. Choosing between Foals and Four Tet. Ahhhh! 

I hope this is right because it's perfect for me.  Four Tet in the clear (saw Billie in 2019), Macca in the clear (saw Caribou couple of weeks ago), PSB in the clear (Kendrick not all that).  Now I just need to learn that the Chems are playing Pangea after the headliners and I'm good.

Don't get me wrong - I'd love to see Little Simz, Bicep, Bonobo etc.  But these are choices I can live with.

1 hour ago, The Red Telephone said:

Hey peeps

Off to Global Underground thing in Manchester on Saturday at a club called Hidden. Anyone been there before? Good place?

46 year-old hoping not to be the oldest person there, aside from the DJs!

It's a nicely grimy warehousey feel. Three rooms available, ground floor big room, then one upstairs and a pretty small one downstairs. 

Sound upstairs is my favourite. In fact it's the best room for me. The big room can feel weird if you're at the back as it's a thoroughfare to get to all other parts of the venue so the constant movement of people can be distracting. Also, at the back of that room the sound is a bit shit. Work your way up the left wall facing the booth and cut in from there to be well positioned for the speakers. Downstairs was too packed to move and VTSS was playing 145bpm mindless shite, so I can't comment on what it's really like in there. But I like the venue. Our Lord Jeff Mills is playing there soon. Not going but sorely wish I was. I just can't always go to MCR (from SW of Birmingham) every time I go out! Have a brilliant night. 

And, this thread is on FIRE 🔥, folks. Love it. 

Ben

• Thanks 1