Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

15 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Tyler, Pavement, Tame, Massive Attack, Little Simz, Gorillaz. The big hitters.

For the dance be Harvey, Jane Fitz, Jeff Mills, Bufo, Call Super/Shanti. 

You?

Oooh, let me see...

RTJ, King Gizz, Strokes, Tame Impala, Pond, Squid, MIA, Jesus & the Mary Chain, Amyl...

Special Request, Goldie, Avery, Sherelle, HAAi, Prospa, Fred Again...

They've spoilt us with this one. Looks like you're weekend one? 

10 hours ago, tigger123 said:

Going to fabric tomorrow for the first time in about 6/7 years to see Laurent Garnier. What’s it like these days? Reason for not going recently is because last few times I went the atmosphere wasn’t great and the security was too much that it kinda killed the night as felt on edge going in and while dancing with them weaving through the crowd with their torches. Has anyone been recently to confirm whether security has calmed down a bit? Also, do the headliners still tend to come on and play for a while like 3/4 hours, as I know from having seen him before that Laurent Garnier likes to play a long set?

Set times will release sometime today, keep an eye on their instagram. When i went in November security was fine but they had people weaving through the crowd collecting cups every 20 minutes.

edit - something chemical brothers coming monday sounds like a UK tour to me

Edited by gfa
  • Upvote 1

On 2/5/2022 at 8:56 AM, gfa said:

Set times will release sometime today, keep an eye on their instagram. When i went in November security was fine but they had people weaving through the crowd collecting cups every 20 minutes.

edit - something chemical brothers coming monday sounds like a UK tour to me

Hit me with it.

Would love for them to do a run of slightly smaller venues, Brixton would be perfect. 

3 hours ago, nikkic said:

Hit me with it.

Would love for them to do a run of slightly smaller venues, Brixton would be perfect. 

Fingers crossed for Brixton, hopefully before the festival season too. Are you on the chemical brothers forum its pretty inactive but some people have been talking about it over there. Only thing with Brixton + other small venues is fitting their show in.

EDIT - thinking about it, it surely will be because they have Field Day to sell

Edited by gfa

The people behind The Cause in Tottenham which recently had to close due to redevelopment have announced they are holding a 3 day event at Pontins Camber Sands 20th - 23rd May 2222.
Former London club The Cause to host UK seaside festival in 2022 · News ⟋ RA

If it is anything like Bugged Out Weekender used to be, it will be great fun!

On 2/9/2022 at 12:12 PM, Obiginnaw said:

Very happy with the first set of Lost Village acts , hoping for some additions but Overmono and Seinfeld live are cracking bills 

On 2/9/2022 at 12:21 PM, nikkic said:

Looks great. I went in 2018, cracking little festival. 

It's a tidy little festival.  We thought it was like a baby boomtown.  Not sure I'll rush back because I like others more but we backed a few horses last year and it was great that this was one of the runners! 

Little boogie-whilst-travelling update 

In Mexico now after the absolute party that was Medellin and Colombia. Not been out too much so far, but heading for the coast next week so I imagine it'll be a riot.

Our hostel in Mexico City did have a banging terrace with a DJ that took the roof off. I was Shazaming like a mad man, he was playing lots of Cinthie, Sweely, Kerri. Perfect. He also reached for this throwback classic ❤️

Also did a night in San Cristóbal de las Casa last night. Thought it was a quiet town but we stumbled into a packed bar with a guy DJing pure groovers off his Macbook. It got lively very quickly and actually ended up with me and my mate getting kicked out of the hostel the next morning for some sinning (totally worth it, but that's a story for another time). 

Edited by Zacko
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Week after Glastonbury too this year.. so clashes are not a problem

It's actually five weeks later this year. Not sure why, though. I reckon the techno heads among you could be in for a bonanza crop of acts this year. It always felt like the Big G missed out as they were all over in Amsterdam. This year though, look out. I imagine there'll be a lot of acts desperate to play in that special little corner of a farm in Somerset. 

Anyone looking to go to this btw?

15 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It's actually five weeks later this year. Not sure why, though. I reckon the techno heads among you could be in for a bonanza crop of acts this year. It always felt like the Big G missed out as they were all over in Amsterdam. This year though, look out. I imagine there'll be a lot of acts desperate to play in that special little corner of a farm in Somerset. 

Anyone looking to go to this btw?

Oh yeah. 

I went in 2013 when I lost out on TDay. It was 1 day. Loved it. A few mates go every year.