Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

4 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

It's a nicely grimy warehousey feel. Three rooms available, ground floor big room, then one upstairs and a pretty small one downstairs. 

Sound upstairs is my favourite. In fact it's the best room for me. The big room can feel weird if you're at the back as it's a thoroughfare to get to all other parts of the venue so the constant movement of people can be distracting. Also, at the back of that room the sound is a bit shit. Work your way up the left wall facing the booth and cut in from there to be well positioned for the speakers. Downstairs was too packed to move and VTSS was playing 145bpm mindless shite, so I can't comment on what it's really like in there. But I like the venue. Our Lord Jeff Mills is playing there soon. Not going but sorely wish I was. I just can't always go to MCR (from SW of Birmingham) every time I go out! Have a brilliant night. 

And, this thread is on FIRE 🔥, folks. Love it. 

Ben

Thanks Ben - great info as always.

Yeah, the Jeff Mills night is this Friday I think? Hope you manage to get see him on the Farm 🤞 

Been loads of great nights on Manchester recently, but have to stay over if I’m going  out there (live in East Yorks). Hotel rooms are prohibitively expensive at weekends there though, makes it hard to justify for a night out! 

I’ll see what the day brings for the macca/bicep clash as our group is bang on 50/50 on the decision, I saw bicep but not as well as I’d have liked (park life, middle of the day) and I’m unfussed on macca, but if bicep are on other then worst case I could sit at the back of pyramid with an escape route after 15 minutes , then I’ve still “seen a beatle” 

5 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

I’ll see what the day brings for the macca/bicep clash as our group is bang on 50/50 on the decision, I saw bicep but not as well as I’d have liked (park life, middle of the day) and I’m unfussed on macca, but if bicep are on other then worst case I could sit at the back of pyramid with an escape route after 15 minutes , then I’ve still “seen a beatle” 

Someone’s said in another thread Bicep are actually Sunday WH and the website is being updated soon.

1 hour ago, The Red Telephone said:

Thanks Ben - great info as always.

Yeah, the Jeff Mills night is this Friday I think? Hope you manage to get see him on the Farm 🤞 

Been loads of great nights on Manchester recently, but have to stay over if I’m going  out there (live in East Yorks). Hotel rooms are prohibitively expensive at weekends there though, makes it hard to justify for a night out! 

Spotted a stupid error. You want to work up the RIGHT hand wall of the big room. Duh. And saw Jeff at WHP in November. My first time seeing him at last, and one of the best sets I've ever seen. 

Ben

2 hours ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Someone’s said in another thread Bicep are actually Sunday WH and the website is being updated soon.

Intriguing. I think King Kenny would have to take it for me in this case, particularly as the Sunday I'm normally running on fumes and not as up as other nights.

Although saying that, the Sunday night always does end up extremely messy in a "fuck it, back to real life tomorrow" kinda way...

4 hours ago, Obiginnaw said:

Oh we’d get on like house on fire, this is extremely similar to my list

ive seen that DJ Seinfeld is doing his Mirrors Album live at Lost Village, I hope that makes an appearance as that’s class, TSHA also took me by surprise there last year so I imagine she’ll be somewhere on the bill

hoping upon hope that Four Tet brings some friends along (in the shape of Skrillex) 

also Partiboi69 . Because of course Partiboi69 . Preferably Gas Tower at 4am 

Ha I’m actually seeing this tomorrow in Sydney, can’t wait.

10 hours ago, Memory Man said:

As if it were ever in doubt that cements bicep as headlining west holts, will be a good night for those who are into it! 

i enjoyed their dj set on genosys some years ago! Ive kind of gone off them since the whole live thing but feel like they’ll be smashing that set for sure. 

I'll be there, as I've seen Kenny before, never seen Bicep and love the sound on West Holts. I like the way that Bicep go about their work, even if it's not quite my thing. But their production is excellent and they've enough hooks and joyous melodies to make that a pretty stellar Sunday closer before I toddle off to one last night of mayhem. At least two of my closest camp mates already on board for them, so will be like Justice, if not quite! 

Ben

12 hours ago, Memory Man said:

As if it were ever in doubt that cements bicep as headlining west holts, will be a good night for those who are into it! 

i enjoyed their dj set on genosys some years ago! Ive kind of gone off them since the whole live thing but feel like they’ll be smashing that set for sure. 

Bicep confirmed West Holts headline 👍

5 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Anyone know how busy it was on Thursday 2019 on the WOW stage for this run from Ross from Friends?

like if you weren’t there by Jayda G we’re you stuck outside?

not sure we left the camping area on Thursday that year 

7D3CE4E9-8D0F-45F9-A96D-4D0ED3C6C433.jpeg

Yeah I came in and out, Ross from friends wasn’t really busy at all, people were slowly filtering in, we left shortly after and came back for mella Dee and and prospa, and even that wasn’t rammed, you could always walk in and out of the tent without too much hassle at all, we left after prospa though 

31 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

Yeah I came in and out, Ross from friends wasn’t really busy at all, people were slowly filtering in, we left shortly after and came back for mella Dee and and prospa, and even that wasn’t rammed, you could always walk in and out of the tent without too much hassle at all, we left after prospa though 

Ah sweet thanks 

53 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Agreed, and that's why I'm leaning in the direction that he'll headline the JP.

He DJs on the farm all the time, so to be on the first announce proper suggests a full-on KH live set. Here's hoping!

His LV set wasn’t live was it, just a DJ set? I think he’s just grown in festival stature since 2019 some how. 

but I agree, he’s a JP headliner.

Only unmissable act of the weekend for me, live or not. Would only be problematic if it clashes with Kendrick as I may be going on my own.