Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

Morning E/D ravers. 

DJ Rush in Manchester tonight, and first time out since WHP in November. Suffice to say I'm ready for this. 

@FuzzyDunlop - hope you can make it out tonight. We can show the kids how it's done. 

Ben
x

Have a great night, guys! What better way to forget the issues of the world than the dancefloor? 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Morning E/D ravers. 

DJ Rush in Manchester tonight, and first time out since WHP in November. Suffice to say I'm ready for this. 

@FuzzyDunlop - hope you can make it out tonight. We can show the kids how it's done. 

Ben
x

Ben! I have had a bit of a 'mare in the last week. The storms ripped a bit of my roof off, so Ive had to shell out for that. With Glastonbury to pay for & the potential to earn overtime tomorrow morning - I have had to give tonight a miss.

Have a great night!

20 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Morning E/D ravers. 

Ben
x

How was it!? Love a bit of Rush.

Mexico update; I did a few nights in Tulum last weekend, rooftop vibes once more and then on to a few clubs playing some hefty house til 5am. No idea on the names or where, but the vibe was infectious. Also had a weekend long rave/holiday romance too. You really can't beat it can ya?  

Playa del Carmen this weekend which I hear isn't as good but there is a great party on Sunday so we'll give that a try.

Then off to Peru on Thursday, NO idea how that'll play out as the Covid restrictions there still seem pretty tight. Shame, as I'm in full party mode now, but we'll see!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Zacko said:

Mexico update; I did a few nights in Tulum last weekend, rooftop vibes once more and then on to a few clubs playing some hefty house til 5am. No idea on the names or where, but the vibe was infectious. Also had a weekend long rave/holiday romance too. You really can't beat it can ya?  

Playa del Carmen this weekend which I hear isn't as good but there is a great party on Sunday so we'll give that a try.

Then off to Peru on Thursday, NO idea how that'll play out as the Covid restrictions there still seem pretty tight. Shame, as I'm in full party mode now, but we'll see!

Loving these updates. Some photos would be nice...or a postcard 

8 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Loving these updates. Some photos would be nice...or a postcard 

I'm absolutely terrible at taking photos when travelling, my secret shame! Got some Insta stories up though, maybe I'll pick the best ones when I'm back and get them in here - lord knows I've been rinsing Shazam constantly! 

• Upvote 1

On 2/26/2022 at 4:17 AM, Zacko said:

It was a great night!

Venue was Joshua Brooks in Manchester, to which I'd never been before and I always like to go somewhere new. My train up was about half an hour late so didn't get into the city until just before 10pm. Met a couple of Glastonbury mates, one of whom was coming to JB's too. We got in the venue around 11.20pm and it was already nicely busy. The dance floor is in the basement with a bar upstairs that is open in the day and serves food etc. too. 

Space downstairs is nicely dark with brickwork and arches, and some different levels around the outside of a beautifully small and compact dancefloor. Sound system was pretty damn good and I'm pretty sure was a VOID which rarely lets me down. The two DJ's on before Rush for an hour each are Haus22 residents and did a very decent job of getting things going. Bar staff were absolutely lovely, very efficient and prices were refreshingly not silly. 

Rush was excellent. At times a little samey , but kept it moving well, with some particularly excellent percussion throughout. I do like well placed clicks and high-hats! I'd sen a few sets of his online and so was in no way surprised that, around mid-set, he picked up the mike and started doing some scatty vocals over a track. I mean, what's all that about?! But is was only brief and the crowd liked it! The crowd - a proper techno crowd. Not in any way studenty, as I'd thought it might be given the location. Very friendly, zero agg, had some lovely chats and made new friends. Security were polite, courteous, entirely non-overbearing and I don't recall seeing any on the floor at any point. Any more than three hours of Rush would probably have pushed it a bit for me as I'd have needed a bit of variety by then, but his track selection and transitions were great and it was a fab dance for me.

Next is the legendary House of God in Brum on 8 April. They're treating this 29th (!!!) anniversary night as a back to basics after the madness of the last two years, so it's residents only. Which would be fine in any case, even if one of said residents wasn't Surgeon! Can't wait for that one. Also, on a not-quite-rave front have Max Cooper at the Roundhouse the weekend before HOG, so all looking like a nice few events to warm for the Farm.

Sorry you couldn't make it @FuzzyDunlop, but understand completely - hope you have a sound roof again by now! 

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

For anyone who went to Waterworks last Summer, how was Gunnersbury Park as a venue? I live about 20 minutes walk away, and have never been to a gig there. Quite fancy this - decent enough lineup (especially Georgia and Jon Hopkins), though I'm not sure how RdS are seen around these parts! 

On 2/27/2022 at 7:27 AM, Matt42 said:

Morning Y’all

Here to confirm that Overmono is in!

(dunno which stage)

this has absolutely made my day, phenomenal addition!

On 2/27/2022 at 12:24 PM, bennyhana22 said:

It almost certainly won't be, but they'd be cracking late night in the Glade...

Ben

that would be incredible! i think my money's on Wow stage for this one, ideally i'd love it to be on the thursday night but that's unlikely. Still though, i'll definitely be looking to see them

5 hours ago, Brownie30 said:

For anyone who went to Waterworks last Summer, how was Gunnersbury Park as a venue? I live about 20 minutes walk away, and have never been to a gig there. Quite fancy this - decent enough lineup (especially Georgia and Jon Hopkins), though I'm not sure how RdS are seen around these parts! 

Gunnersby is decent, quite near a tube station and small enough theres no issues with getting the tube back after. Bars were fine, nothing spectacular but certainly no issues

31 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

As I'm back on the boards for the first time in a month or so, just poking my head in here to say...

@JoeyT's intel on Arcadia/Pangaea is correct (afaik!)

Some of the names being lined up for it are absolutely stonking. Wall to wall Other Stage/Field Day/Sonar-level headliners. Everyone in here will be buzzing.

Chemical brothers, Aphex Twin and Carl Cox wasn’t it? Absolutely massive if they pull that off.

Back on the floor at Glitterbox at Printworks tomorrow. Man, do I ever need to get amongst some like-minded revellers, the Ukraine situation has really bummed me out over the past week, I'm very sensitive to these kind of situations. So although the great people of Ukraine will still be in my thoughts, I'll be grateful for the respite of ten hours of disco-infused escapism.

Anyone else got any plans?

1 hour ago, zero000 said:

Chemical brothers, Aphex Twin and Carl Cox wasn’t it? Absolutely massive if they pull that off.

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

...Chase & Status, Annie Mac...

Love Regenerator (calvin harris) too. We've not had Fatboy for Other headline either so potentially him as well, not quite as exciting but a big booking nonetheless.

Edited by gfa

I’m a bit embarrassed to say that I only listened to Bicep this past week. I’d never heard them before. I can’t remember the last time I felt genuinely emotional over an electronic track, it’s been a while. But Atlas did that. My god, that’s a tune. Really loving their sound. 

47 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I’m a bit embarrassed to say that I only listened to Bicep this past week. I’d never heard them before. I can’t remember the last time I felt genuinely emotional over an electronic track, it’s been a while. But Atlas did that. My god, that’s a tune. Really loving their sound. 

Grade A stuff below, treat yourself

• Thanks 1