Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

18 hours ago, Divein said:

Overmono is 2 guys which I find a bit odd with the type of music they make. 

They also have a fabric live as well.

I’ve been rinsing Four tet’s live set at forbidden forest recently, both years are really good. 

Will check the Fabric set out.

My fave Four Tet set is the Lost Village one, will have a listen to the FF ones too. 

Ta.

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

Anybody heard if Bicep will pop up elsewhere? 

Hoping for a set on Saturday.

i imagine somewhere will have them , iirc in 2019 they were due to play the gas tower but the timings changed and for the life of me don't know if they ever actually played it in the end, might be a bit big for that unless billed under a secret name or something

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

Will check the Fabric set out.

My fave Four Tet set is the Lost Village one, will have a listen to the FF ones too. 

Ta.

Haha I’ve just realised I’ve got that wrong haven’t I. What I meant was the Lost Village ones, I think they are from the forbidden forest stage, hence the mix up. 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Hearing rumblings that Pangea might go and the spider returns …. Posted elsewhere but probably of interest on this thread too 

Surely not? The base is there (for now) and the Arcadia Crew always said they would want and need to evolve the new installation. And it wasn't as if the crane was 'unsuccessful'. Just didn't have the spectacle of the spider, especially the last iteration. 

I'd bet the house on Pangea being there and with some considerable changes. And I hope so. Always better to move forwards than backwards...

Ben

12 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Four Tet’s website has him on the Friday - have him for JP headliner that night. 

6474C458-7039-4C95-A66C-67C22289AA4B.png

JPT headliner kind of makes sense in that it is a step 'up' from his last headline slot on Park. He could be great in there. Also, with no other dates around the festival on that list at least, he must be a shoo-in for other (DJ) sets. I'd love him on IICON at stupid o'clock...

Ben

13 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

JPT headliner kind of makes sense in that it is a step 'up' from his last headline slot on Park. He could be great in there. Also, with no other dates around the festival on that list at least, he must be a shoo-in for other (DJ) sets. I'd love him on IICON at stupid o'clock...

Ben

Yeah I think he’ll be around as per 2019. I don’t think his main set will be a live set, it’ll be analogous to his LV set, or the americanised versions of it he’s been doing in the US recently.

I could also see a B2B with Chloe Robinson maybe?

16 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Surely not? The base is there (for now) and the Arcadia Crew always said they would want and need to evolve the new installation. And it wasn't as if the crane was 'unsuccessful'. Just didn't have the spectacle of the spider, especially the last iteration. 

I'd bet the house on Pangea being there and with some considerable changes. And I hope so. Always better to move forwards than backwards...

Ben

I think they probably were disappointed with it tbh, with the lack of a globe thing. Maybe that’s fatal to the plan? If they can’t hang anything off the crane if it’s windy what’s the point really.

19 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

It was denied planning so can’t stay in its current form … so would have to be removed and erected each year … I think they would have a month before and 1 month after @Dukeicon will know exact timings … but would they want this hassle … when the spider has a now practised setup 

6 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

I think they probably were disappointed with it tbh, with the lack of a globe thing. Maybe that’s fatal to the plan? If they can’t hang anything off the crane if it’s windy what’s the point really.

Part of my job involves occasionally doing risk assessments for various health and safety purposes and the thought of how much work must have gone into that to get it to a point where the insurance company said "ok" would give me nightmares.

Edited by Madyaker

8 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Part of my job involves occasionally doing risk assessments for various health and safety purposes and the thought of how much work must have gone into that to get it to a point where the insurance company said "ok" would give me nightmares.

Yeah I can’t believe it either to be honest, and I couldn’t imagine how hard it would be to renew given they had the bin it last year

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

It was denied planning so can’t stay in its current form … so would have to be removed and erected each year … I think they would have a month before and 1 month after @Dukeicon will know exact timings … but would they want this hassle … when the spider has a now practised setup 

Agreed, but I reckon they'll stick with it for this year almost because the base is there atm. However, maybe the 'moon issue' will be the deal breaker...

Anyway, with the webcam up again, I guess we'll know soon enough as I guess they'll move the base away early in the build if they're canning the crane. Shame, mind...

Ben

7 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Agreed, but I reckon they'll stick with it for this year almost because the base is there atm. However, maybe the 'moon issue' will be the deal breaker...

Anyway, with the webcam up again, I guess we'll know soon enough as I guess they'll move the base away early in the build if they're canning the crane. Shame, mind...

Ben

Webcam has gone down again … but yeah indeed ..  I’ll see how accurate my source is too 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

It's 28 days for structures, like stages and Arcadia, they have to build and dismantle.

The use of this land in connection with the festival falls within permitted development rights under Part 4 of Schedule 2 of the General Permitted Development Order 2015 (GPDO), provided it is for a temporary period of up to 28 days.

The main issues, according the to planning documents, is the £265,000 cost of putting up and dismantling each year.

The approximate cost of assembly and dismantling of the structure each year in full would be £265,000 This would render the entire operation unviable, with significant implications for both our business and that of the festival.

This is a considerable part of their £484,00 budget for their area.

We are a Somerset based company and employ 10 people on a full time basis. During the Glastonbury festival event we employ 519 including many Mendip residents. We also utilise a number of local suppliers all year round. Our budget for Glastonbury is £484,000 and a considerable amount of this is spent in the local area.

@bennyhana22

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

It's 28 days for structures, like stages and Arcadia, they have to build and dismantle.

The main issues, according the to planning documents, is the £265,000 cost of putting up and dismantling each year.

This is a considerable part of their £484,00 budget for their area.

@bennyhana22

oh I recall you mentioning 28 days but thought that was either side .... its a non starter then looking at that. thanks 

Edited by crazyfool1

58 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

just seen that the main lineup page has been updated with the rumoured Pangea/Arcadia acts. is there any extra info that's put them on there or just what we already know ?

No extra info.

Just messaged Neil to put them on there.

7 minutes ago, BambooShanks said:

Wonder where the Aphex Twin rumour has come from?  Needless to say, I'm quite excited at the prospect of Aphex at Arcadia. 

It'll either be the set of the festival or an unrelenting disaster. And that's why you gotta love old Rich.