Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

7 minutes ago, rubick said:

Hello fellow enthusiasts. First time I've been round these parts after a massive blank in the 2019 General Sales. Couldn't face it. Pleased to announce that my partner got through on Sunday morning and we're heading back over to That Glastonbury.

Have I missed any key Aphex Twin rumourmongering...?

Hope you're all keeping well x

two people on here seem fairly sure he is playing Arcadia. Their source has been right about other acts playing 

• Upvote 1

On 3/26/2022 at 4:29 PM, dotdash79 said:

interesting that iicon should be a touring show and that the outside bit is phase one, and phase 2 is an indoor venue. 

also capacity is 15,000

Just watched that video again. Oh my days. Just cannot wait to see how they develop the whole IICON project for this year. I'll be anticipating that line-up drop as much as any other for the whole festival, I reckon. I love Genosys to my heart, but I have a feeling that IICON might run it close for me this year.

Ben

• Like 1

Am I right in thinking Orbital haven't played since 2011 when they did the DJ set on Arcadia? 

For a band that pretty much brought electronic/dance to Glasto it seems odd they've not been back.  I know they've had periods of being split etc but they seem to be fairly active touring wise last 4-5 years and no appearance.   

3 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Just watched that video again. Oh my days. Just cannot wait to see how they develop the whole IICON project for this year. I'll be anticipating that line-up drop as much as any other for the whole festival, I reckon. I love Genosys to my heart, but I have a feeling that IICON might run it close for me this year.

Ben

I loved IICON last time. Really enjoyed Larry Heard on there, Zenker Bros, Hessel Audio and the last bit of Batu I managed to catch after getting railroaded by hay fever on Thursday. 

I know there’s been speculation on here but surely Overmono live are nailed on for there. Would be nice to see one of the big hitters from Detroit on there like Bobby Hood or Jeff Mills.

4 hours ago, rubick said:

Alright there fella!

I now live in a world where I have to have tabs open on my work PC for both Boards and eFestivals. 

It's been a while 😂

eeeeey I saw you got a ticket, well done! I only started posting on here recently after a long hiatus.

Hi all, like many others I am coming out of forum hibernation after being sucessful last thursday! 

Whilst I am certainly all here for many of the usual acts mentioned above, I've also found myself dipping into deep/melodic house more and more over the past few years, Anjunadeep esk. It's not a vibe I remember often coming across at Glastonbury previously but curious if maybe I just missed it? I certainly don't recall Anjuna having anyone at the festival?

Thanks! 

57 minutes ago, jamesc415 said:

Hi all, like many others I am coming out of forum hibernation after being sucessful last thursday! 

Whilst I am certainly all here for many of the usual acts mentioned above, I've also found myself dipping into deep/melodic house more and more over the past few years, Anjunadeep esk. It's not a vibe I remember often coming across at Glastonbury previously but curious if maybe I just missed it? I certainly don't recall Anjuna having anyone at the festival?

Thanks! 

Mostly Glade area and then scattered about in random places (SE corner and Rabbit hole for example)

The Glade Lounge can have a progressive vibe line up on one of the days. Dave Seaman, Chris from Hybrid etc. And acts like Nick Warren and Hernan cattaneo, Quivver and Way Out West (half of which is Jody Wisternoff who is on the Anjuna Deep label) often play the main stage at Glade. 

I can also see Sasha making an appearance somewhere. He tends to come every other year and it's been more than that.

These acts are prob the closest you'll get. 

You're right though that scene is oddly lacking at Glasto considering how popular it is. It might be a cost thing and that that label have their own festivals so want to save them for their own. 

Lovely to see this thread bursting into life. I’m going to one of the 6 music festival nights this week with Overmono, Sherelle, Elkka,  Afrodeutsche and… Tom Ravenscroft . Preceded by Pixies, Idles and Lucy Dacus. 

I’m considering it my festival warm up. I need to make sure I’m still up to it after a 3 years absence from a Glastonbury sized night out. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I loved IICON last time. Really enjoyed Larry Heard on there, Zenker Bros, Hessel Audio and the last bit of Batu I managed to catch after getting railroaded by hay fever on Thursday. 

I know there’s been speculation on here but surely Overmono live are nailed on for there. Would be nice to see one of the big hitters from Detroit on there like Bobby Hood or Jeff Mills.

Unless I'm mistaken, I think JM was lined up for IICON on one of the cancelled years. He's in Mallorca on Saturday 25 June, so gotta be a half decent chance of a Friday or Sunday appearance? Someone light the @Ddiamondd signal...

7 hours ago, Madyaker said:

I hope Felix Dickinson is back on Genosys this year. 

He was awesome. Bloody perfect end to the festival. Well, almost end… I went straight from Genosys to my last Oxfam shift at 6am 😂

2 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

Mostly Glade area and then scattered about in random places (SE corner and Rabbit hole for example)

The Glade Lounge can have a progressive vibe line up on one of the days. Dave Seaman, Chris from Hybrid etc. And acts like Nick Warren and Hernan cattaneo, Quivver and Way Out West (half of which is Jody Wisternoff who is on the Anjuna Deep label) often play the main stage at Glade. 

I'd love to see some of the Anjunadeep stable rock up somewhere. The Glade would be perfect for the likes of James Grant, Wisternoff, Marsh, CRi, Luttrell, Tinlicker...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Possibly a reach here, but with Primal Scream touring the anniversary of Screamadelica this year, and it being the first festival since his passing, what would chances be for some kind of Andrew Weatherall tribute across the festival? Not sure that he was a regular at Glastonbury, not since I've been going anyway. A Sean Johnston 6 hour ALFOS set somewhere dark and dingy would be unmissable for this punter.