Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

1 hour ago, Dark Star said:

Dublin seems to have sold better than most. Maybe they'll do those and bin the rest? Given how cynical their response has been to this, nothing would surprise me.

Not really sure that is the case. There are still Standing tickets available for both dates and the top tier seating is closed on the second date. 

41 minutes ago, reflekting said:

Not really sure that is the case. There are still Standing tickets available for both dates and the top tier seating is closed on the second date. 

GA tickets were made available again Friday per the MCD tweet. Knew the seated bit hadn't done well night 2, but was the only place to get an extra show?

Very shocked about this, completely missed the news story over the weekend and only read the article this morning.  Got tickets for Manchester on Saturday but I just don't see how the tour can go ahead.  How can the band walk out on stage and act like everything is normal?  I'm gutted because Arcade Fire are my favourite band and I've always thought Win seemed like a decent bloke, obviously not the case though.  I've been looking forward to this gig for months but it doesn't feel right for it to happen now.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, AmyShambles said:

Very shocked about this, completely missed the news story over the weekend and only read the article this morning.  Got tickets for Manchester on Saturday but I just don't see how the tour can go ahead.  How can the band walk out on stage and act like everything is normal?  I'm gutted because Arcade Fire are my favourite band and I've always thought Win seemed like a decent bloke, obviously not the case though.  I've been looking forward to this gig for months but it doesn't feel right for it to happen now.

Same here. If they are going ahead you won't get a refund either. Maybe we just turn up and boo. Shame him into cancelling the rest. 

Assume the money is doing the talking here. If they take the decision to cancel the tour, it will impact them and their whole team financially. So that’s why it will go ahead as planned.
However I can see crowds turning and making it a hostile environment, and this will be the last we see of them as a band - so this will be one final pay day. 

Edited by st dan

1 minute ago, st dan said:

Assume the money is doing the talking here. If they take the decision to cancel the tour, it will impact them and their whole team financially. So that’s why it will go ahead as planned.
However I can see crowds turning and making it a hostile environment, and this will be the last we see of them as a band. 

Do you think? Would ticket holders really show up just to be hostile? I'd think those with (justifiable) issues about the tour just wouldn't go altogether and give up/sell their tickets rather than show up to voice their opinion. The general emotion around this story seems to be one of sadness/disappointment rather than anger. Strange one though, is there a precedent for such accusations dropping in the middle of an act's tour, and they still continue the shows?

9 minutes ago, jparx said:

Do you think? Would ticket holders really show up just to be hostile? I'd think those with (justifiable) issues about the tour just wouldn't go altogether and give up/sell their tickets rather than show up to voice their opinion. The general emotion around this story seems to be one of sadness/disappointment rather than anger. Strange one though, is there a precedent for such accusations dropping in the middle of an act's tour, and they still continue the shows?

I don't know you won't be entitled to a refund which is very annoying. You'll never be able to sell them for what they cost. I'm quite up for turning up and booing! 

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

No you’re right, it probably won’t get too hostile at the shows themselves, but it will surely be a strange atmosphere for those who have heard these awful accusations. 

Not sure there will be a huge market for selling tickets given the news, plus the fact it’s so short notice too. So then it’s a moral dilemma isn’t it. I was going to get tickets myself, but decided to give it a miss for financial reasons .. and I couldn’t say what I would be doing. Turn up and enjoy the songs of one of my favourite bands for what is likely the last time, but having this in the mind at the same time? Just can’t sit right can it. 

22 minutes ago, st dan said:

No you’re right, it probably won’t get too hostile at the shows themselves, but it will surely be a strange atmosphere for those who have heard these awful accusations. 

Not sure there will be a huge market for selling tickets given the news, plus the fact it’s so short notice too. So then it’s a moral dilemma isn’t it. I was going to get tickets myself, but decided to give it a miss for financial reasons .. and I couldn’t say what I would be doing. Turn up and enjoy the songs of one of my favourite bands for what is likely the last time, but having this in the mind at the same time? Just can’t sit right can it. 

Someone on reddit summed it up pretty well for me.

Arcade Fire are one of my favourite bands.
It sounds like Win Butler is a piece of shit.

Both of these statements can be true. I have tickets, I likely won't be able to sell them. If it goes ahead I'll go and have a good time with my friends. Had these accusations come out before tickets went on sale then perhaps I wouldn't have bought them, but I did so I'm going to play the hand I've been dealt.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Someone on reddit summed it up pretty well for me.

Arcade Fire are one of my favourite bands.
It sounds like Win Butler is a piece of shit.

Both of these statements can be true. I have tickets, I likely won't be able to sell them. If it goes ahead I'll go and have a good time with my friends. Had these accusations come out before tickets went on sale then perhaps I wouldn't have bought them, but I did so I'm going to play the hand I've been dealt.

Sums up where I'm at. I'll be at the Manchester gig but it'll be a strange one.

7 minutes ago, reflekting said:

The venue still think this is going ahead. 

Welp there’s me totally wrong! I guess the fact that he hasn’t done anything illegal or physically abusive means that technically these shows can still go ahead for those willing to attend. Be interesting to see the turnout and general vibe from both the crowd and band. Tickets didn’t look to be selling well at any of the shows in the first place and now with this added on I wonder if they’re gonna be playing to half empty arenas. 

1 hour ago, jparx said:

If there was a likelihood of a hostile crowd I'm just not turning up on Saturday. I'd be surprised if I could sell the tickets now so it's a pretty depressing situation all round.

I've tried to search for tours cancelled but apart from illness, health, financial reasons, and Covid I can't find anything, although this list is funny:

https://www.radiox.co.uk/features/x-lists/cancelled-gigs-tours/

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Welp there’s me totally wrong! I guess the fact that he hasn’t done anything illegal or physically abusive means that technically these shows can still go ahead for those willing to attend. Be interesting to see the turnout and general vibe from both the crowd and band. Tickets didn’t look to be selling well at any of the shows in the first place and now with this added on I wonder if they’re gonna be playing to half empty arenas. 

Hasn't he? I dunno man, I think there's a case that he has.  I am not a lawyer etc.

image.thumb.png.e3f4645dea0272c1da0d1d07e13bca08.png