Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

And looking at the Reddit thread on this, seems this is far more widespread than just the incidents in this article and almost an open secret in certain scenes/areas. Fuck. 

I remember reading a few mentions of this on reddit in the build up to the album and while it was never substantiated at the time, it was a bit concerning to see it. From the outside the band certainly didn’t seem in as good a place this time round and this explains why. A terrible situation and as you say, it seems like there are many more people affected by his behaviour than just the ones mentioned in the article.

This line in the article is very telling. “Through Heller, Butler offered to put Pitchfork in contact with different women who had consensual sexual experiences with him in the past”. A nonsensical and incredibly inappropriate thing to say.

They’re one of my favourite bands and have given me some great memories and while I’m generally a believer in separating the art and the artist, it’s hard to see where they go from here. 

Not massively convincing 

Butler has a different view of his interaction with Sarah. “I love our fans but this was an unhealthy fandom,” his statement reads. “We started sexting and talking a lot, but I became increasingly uncomfortable when she started coming to all my DJ events and showing up to my restaurant multiple times, to the point I had to tell security to make sure she didn’t get too close.”

Butler acknowledges the relationship. “This was consensual. We would sext and eventually slept together a couple times. The first time, I realized she had a tattoo of my band, which honestly felt a little weird.”

11 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Not massively convincing 

Butler has a different view of his interaction with Sarah. “I love our fans but this was an unhealthy fandom,” his statement reads. “We started sexting and talking a lot, but I became increasingly uncomfortable when she started coming to all my DJ events and showing up to my restaurant multiple times, to the point I had to tell security to make sure she didn’t get too close.”

Butler acknowledges the relationship. “This was consensual. We would sext and eventually slept together a couple times. The first time, I realized she had a tattoo of my band, which honestly felt a little weird.”

Yeah his entire ‘defence’ is total bullshit. ‘I knew they were big fans which I found uncomfortable but I fucked them anyway but I was going through a dark time and I’m over that now so hurray me’. 

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Also big Red flag here

20220827_215220.jpg

That is fucking horrible man. Obviously it's impossible to know but I'm sick of these horrible c**ts getting in positions of power and abusing people. Makes me regret ever buying a record of theirs or a ticket to one of their gigs. Gross guy.

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

And looking at the Reddit thread on this, seems this is far more widespread than just the incidents in this article and almost an open secret in certain scenes/areas. Fuck. 

Is this the one you're referring to? 

There are loads of reddit threads on this now and I can't work out which the original is 

Edited by efcfanwirral

6 hours ago, Suprefan said:

I doubt the tour is canned. Theyre gonna play their shows and thats that. 

I really doubt it. Looks to be selling pretty terribly as it is and with this out there now I can’t see how the shows, or hell, the band, can go on at all, especially after his (and Regine’s 😔) calculated and brushed off responses. 

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I really doubt it. Looks to be selling pretty terribly as it is and with this out there now I can’t see how the shows, or hell, the band, can go on at all, especially after his (and Regine’s 😔) calculated and brushed off responses. 

The posting of this story on a Saturday of all days and 72 hours before they start their tour is pretty calculated on the part of Conde Nast. They wanted to let people decide if they wanted to go to the shows or not instead of this coming up in a month. You easily would have seen the Win and Regine statements say that this was ending or not, and there hasnt been a show cancellation yet. I doubt theyre going to gauge reaction and use that as to go on with performing because it seems to have zero effect on whats coming. If this had come up a week before the tours got announced you could easily see them take a pause and re evaluate what their next move is cause nobody wouldve bought a damn ticket. 

Edited by Suprefan

58 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

The posting of this story on a Saturday of all days and 72 hours before they start their tour is pretty calculated on the part of Conde Nast. They wanted to let people decide if they wanted to go to the shows or not instead of this coming up in a month. You easily would have seen the Win and Regine statements say that this was ending or not, and there hasnt been a show cancellation yet. I doubt theyre going to gauge reaction and use that as to go on with performing because it seems to have zero effect on whats coming. If this had come up a week before the tours got announced you could easily see them take a pause and re evaluate what their next move is cause nobody wouldve bought a damn ticket. 

The story only dropped yesterday and a lot of people won’t have seen it yet. Once the dust has somewhat settled and the bigger picture is more apparent, I guarantee that a statement from Win/the band will come and they’ll ‘postpone’ all of the remaining shows so that he can ‘reflect’ and ‘work on himself’, which will almost inevitably lead to outright cancellation, with the band announcing a hiatus not long after. This isn’t something that they can just brush off as a ‘whoopsie’ and decide to play shows anyway.