Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

38 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

The story only dropped yesterday and a lot of people won’t have seen it yet. Once the dust has somewhat settled and the bigger picture is more apparent, I guarantee that a statement from Win/the band will come and they’ll ‘postpone’ all of the remaining shows so that he can ‘reflect’ and ‘work on himself’, which will almost inevitably lead to outright cancellation, with the band announcing a hiatus not long after. This isn’t something that they can just brush off as a ‘whoopsie’ and decide to play shows anyway.

Considering how Win and Regine are more concerned with protecting the band brand, yeah, theyll have zero issue touring this one last time. They knew it was coming. All the band members knew this was coming. Their management knew this was coming. And they didnt axe their tour the moment it came about means theyre likely Not cancelling anything unless everyone who goes to Dublin essentially boos them offstage and tells then to quit. When this happened with Jess Lacey from Brand New they made a statement and cancelled their shows in one swoop. That hasnt happened here.

With how long this has been going on and plenty of stories in Montreal and New Orleans of Win doing what he has done, why didnt anyone quit the band. Will left after being burnt out, and I dont think it was because his brother was being a creeper cause he seems to have been fine with it happening the last decade or so.

3 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Considering how Win and Regine are more concerned with protecting the band brand, yeah, theyll have zero issue touring this one last time. They knew it was coming. All the band members knew this was coming. Their management knew this was coming. And they didnt axe their tour the moment it came about means theyre likely Not cancelling anything unless everyone who goes to Dublin essentially boos them offstage and tells then to quit. When this happened with Jess Lacey from Brand New they made a statement and cancelled their shows in one swoop. That hasnt happened here.

With how long this has been going on and plenty of stories in Montreal and New Orleans of Win doing what he has done, why didnt anyone quit the band. Will left after being burnt out, and I dont think it was because his brother was being a creeper cause he seems to have been fine with it happening the last decade or so.

Jesse Lacey was accused of soliciting nudes from a minor - very different thing. All of Win’s accusers are, as far as I’m aware, of age (or at least those in this particular article, anyway), so there’s an air of plausible deniability there that him and Regine have clearly taken, but now that this story’s out and more and more people seem to be coming forward I think it’s only a matter of time before they have to pull the plug. 

Maybe you’re right and they’ll try and go forth with the tour, as I don’t think he’s technically done anything illegal or anything - just been a very shitty person - but considering the type of fans AF have tend to be the more forward thinking indie types I just don’t see this type of thing flying without major backlash. This isn’t Chris Brown and his gaggle of 14 year old fans standing by him being a constant piece of shit. But I suppose we’ll see over the coming days. 

25 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

They will probably continue the tour. Whenever stuff like this happens you still get people who cling on because “they are are a propa band!”. I’ve seen it happen too many times, overlooking things because they’ve got cracking tunes.

Ryan Adams wants a word.

If they’re not totally done as a band after this, then the WE era is certainly done with and they’ll be out of action for a good few years I’d have thought. Bands have come back from worse, but this whole thing doesn’t meld very well with AF’s whole ‘us together, doing it for the kids’ vibe they’ve been pushing their whole career. 

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

They will probably continue the tour. Whenever stuff like this happens you still get people who cling on because “they are are a propa band!”. I’ve seen it happen too many times, overlooking things because they’ve got cracking tunes.

Only have to look at Kasabian’s comment sections to see this.

Although you could argue of all the bands for this to happen to, kasabian would be one of the least effected by it due to the fanbase (bit shitty to say, but i say it as a fan). The no tom no kasabian stuff has died down now they’ve done a lot of shows and people have got over themself to be fair

Me and my wife are devestated to hear these stories about Win. Arcade Fire are our favourite band and this revelation has totally soured our love for the band and their music legacy. We have tickets for London next week and really don't know how we feel about showing up as I believe it would send the wrong message about how this has been handled. 

4 minutes ago, broken monkey said:

Me and my wife are devestated to hear these stories about Win. Arcade Fire are our favourite band and this revelation has totally soured our love for the band and their music legacy. We have tickets for London next week and really don't know how we feel about showing up as I believe it would send the wrong message about how this has been handled. 

I really do think the remaining tour will be canned. Like, I just can’t fathom how the band could walk on stage and perform with this whole thing hanging over them. Win and Regine’s clearly attempted some damage control to perhaps avoid any long term harm to the bands name, but their comments did more damage than good. I’d be very surprised if they perform live again in the near future, unless their egos really are so inflated that they think this will all just blow over. 

22 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I really do think the remaining tour will be canned. Like, I just can’t fathom how the band could walk on stage and perform with this whole thing hanging over them. Win and Regine’s clearly attempted some damage control to perhaps avoid any long term harm to the bands name, but their comments did more damage than good. I’d be very surprised if they perform live again in the near future, unless their egos really are so inflated that they think this will all just blow over. 

Remaining tour? The tour will start tomorrow. 

So if it doesn't go ahead, we probably will have to hear about that today. 

With regards to show cancellations, you do wonder how mainstream this news story has been over here. Both my wife and friends (who are big fans) didn’t hear about this until I forwarded the links. Also, both the Guardian and NME articles aren’t as detailed or damning as the original Pitchfork story. 

42 minutes ago, broken monkey said:

With regards to show cancellations, you do wonder how mainstream this news story has been over here. Both my wife and friends (who are big fans) didn’t hear about this until I forwarded the links. Also, both the Guardian and NME articles aren’t as detailed or damning as the original Pitchfork story. 

Yeah same - other people who are fans only heard of it when I sent it over. I think a lot of people aren't as obsessive about news as we are here, and similarly they're not big or well known enough for it to be like front page level news. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the audience hasn't heard a thing about this 

Didn't the singer from Nothing But Thieves receive similar allegations a few years ago and the images of the conversations were all over Twitter trending. But then nothing happened and the band are playing even more than before. I'd be surprised if this is the last of AF touring.

I was going to ask in the Seatfillers thread if we thought there'd be some as it didn't look close to sold out, have to think it'll be even worse now. 

I don't think I'll ever see them again, whether or not I'll listen to them I don't know, probably not. Even if he disputes some details, I found the whole apologies completely gross, the line about I knew she was 18 because I googled her was just horrific. Like why the fuck would you say that?! 

Just sickening all round. 

6 hours ago, SAPPHO MEZE said:

I have been informed by a reliable source that the tour has been cancelled. Announcement delayed due to the bank holiday but is coming in the morning.

So theyre just gonna drop it in the morning when its supposed to begin. Thats really dumb. They had all week leading up to the story posting to make that choice.

Edited by Suprefan

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

So theyre just gonna drop it in the morning when its supposed to begin. Thats really dumb. They had all week leading up to the story posting to make that choice.

Dublin seems to have sold better than most. Maybe they'll do those and bin the rest? Given how cynical their response has been to this, nothing would surprise me.