Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I don’t get this at all. You can like an act and not think they are a Glastonbury headliner. Sometimes this place is like stan Twitter.

It is genuinely mind blowing that you posted this, in total seriousness, without realising the irony erupting from it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I’ve got for the white vinyl from Lost In Vinyl.

Not cheap though! 32 quid delivered for seven tracks!

Went for the same one myself. The picture disc on their webstore looked interesting, but I'd rather have a lovely gatefold sleeve with nice artwork than a picture disc in a clear plastic sleeve.

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I've gone for the webstore's black vinyl. Finding out that the poster comes with that too swayed me. I'll take a black vinyl and a signed postcard over an exclusive white vinyl this time.

The seven tracks are gonna be 5-6 minutes long, it seems, so we're still being well-fed.

2 minutes ago, Hutchmaster said:

Went for the same one myself. The picture disc on their webstore looked interesting, but I'd rather have a lovely gatefold sleeve with nice artwork than a picture disc in a clear plastic sleeve.

I thought the same. It is nice. They should probably have put up a bundle with just the vinyl and picture disc so you could put them in the same sleeve if you wanted, rather than adding like CD's and cassettes in too.

Wouldn't call myself a huge fan - but this is just brilliant.  Just had 3 listens in the car and easily my song of the year so far. Liked it on first listen and it just gets better.  I actually love the first part as much as the second - agree with the comment about 1 sounding like something from Pressure Machine.  This would sound epic live - really excited now for the rest of the album.

12 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

As I read it it looks like end of the empire is a track of four movements and then lightning is this two movement track. 

So 7 tracks but also kind of 11?

1C9B8E6C-2F59-409E-8ACF-F26C0BF08611.jpeg

13 hours ago, charlierc said:

Felt like a sell-out to me when I went to the 3rd Wembley Arena date. But maybe that was just one isolated show from a band who I had not seen before at that point.

they sold 30,661/34,779 tickets in london (for reference black sabbath's final london dates were 30,370/35,097) so very close.

53 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

As I read it it looks like end of the empire is a track of four movements and then lightning is this two movement track. 

So 7 tracks but also kind of 11?

1C9B8E6C-2F59-409E-8ACF-F26C0BF08611.jpeg

Looking at that has me less worried about the length of the album with Lighting 1/2 being 5+ minutes. Probably just under 40 minutes. 

Great that it's coming out so soon too. Even if they release more music from the album between now and release, I think I'm going to hold fire and get as much of a fresh listen as I can in May.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

“The attendance today for Arcade Fire at Wembley Arena is 30,661!”

*gentle applause*

Would have worked well alongside their ringwalk intro they did on the last tour

33 minutes ago, Simpo said:

Great that it's coming out so soon too. Even if they release more music from the album between now and release, I think I'm going to hold fire and get as much of a fresh listen as I can in May.

Would have worked well alongside their ringwalk intro they did on the last tour

Yeah they've previously rolled out over life half a year at least so its cool to get it so quickly. 

Looks like Josh Tillman is on the album somehow, can't make out what he's credited for on the poster though. The design direction on this sick, by the way. Getting a 60's cinema vibe off the poster/logo and that eye/black hole on the inside of the vinyl (EDIT: I mean the back cover) is mesmerising. 

Edited by the wonderwhy
  • Upvote 1

Maybe someone already mentioned, but after several listens - war on drugs influence? (And therefore Springsteen influence)

Also think Sam Fender largely does a Springsteen impression. Is this the new hegemony of sound for rock acts? - Springsteen revival 

I ain’t complaining if so. Daddy likey 

Edited by mattiloy

Just now, mattiloy said:

Maybe someone already mentioned, but after several listens - war on drugs influence? (And therefore Springsteen influence)

Also think Sam Fender largely does a Springsteen impression. Is this the new hegemony of sound for rock acts?

Yeah it’s been the case for a couple of years now. The Killers obviously tried their hand at it way back with Sam’s Town and then brought it back moreso with Imploding the Mirage and Pressure Machine, and it seems to have caught on with quite a few rock acts lately. Like you, I ain’t complaining. Love a bit of soaring heartland rock. 

24 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Also think Sam Fender largely does a Springsteen impression. Is this the new hegemony of sound for rock acts? - Springsteen revival 

Arcade Fire were doing that as early as 2007. Nothing new for them. This song does however seem influenced by 2007 Arcade Fire.

47 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Clearly you never listened to Neon Bible.