2024 Ticket Price & Sale Date Announced

Dukeicon

Delighted that the ticket purchase process has remained the same. I know there are issues with it and lots of people will get so far and then get kicked out BUT it really does allow for the committed to triumph (you can agree or disagree if that's a good thing or not)

Very happy with the modest price increase but I do agree that £200/£300 to take a van is outrageous!

1 hour ago, Dukeicon said:

TICKETS PLUS COACH TRAVEL OPTIONS ON SALE AT 6PM GMT, THURSDAY, 2ND NOVEMBER
GENERAL ADMISSION TICKETS ON SALE AT 9AM GMT, SUNDAY, 5TH NOVEMBER

Tickets will cost £355 + £5 booking fee, of which a £75 deposit (plus coach fare if booking a ticket + coach travel option) is payable when booking in November, with the balance payable in the first week of April 2024.

Full Info: https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/

£20 increase on 2023
£75 increase on 2022
£107 increase on 2019

224297635_Screenshot2023-09-29at11_09_36.png.e6a872d9cbef214962c0bca57f6bca30.png

Really pleased on the minimal price increase for general tickets and that the process is staying the same! Just wish it was November 5th already to get it over with!!

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

The coach prices don't exactly encourage you to travel that way, do they? 

If three of us got coach from Liverpool, it would be £315 on travel (plus cab/bus to the pick up point). Car will be about £80 petrol plus (at a guess) £60 car park. £175 cheaper.

The only time i am a bit envious of coach travel is about 6am on the sunday morning, as my alarm goes off and i have to pack up and drive home. Being driven in a warm comfy coach would be pretty bloody great then.

Not £175 great though! 

2 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

The only time i am a bit envious of coach travel is about 6am on the sunday morning, as my alarm goes off and i have to pack up and drive home. Being driven in a warm comfy coach would be pretty bloody great then.

Not £175 great though! 

I get claustrophobic, and absolutely hate coaches for that reason. Its even worse when hungover or after a festival when I'm used to being outdoors. So the 6+ hour trip up North in one after the festival is actually one of my worst nightmares. 

Edited by efcfanwirral

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

If three of us got coach from Liverpool, it would be £315 on travel (plus cab/bus to the pick up point). Car will be about £80 petrol plus (at a guess) £60 car park. £175 cheaper.

Would probably be cheaper for me on my own to pay for petrol and parking than get a coach from my nearest pick-up point after paying to get there (and it's not far), those prices are extortionate.

Some of those coach prices are dodgy! The substantial jump in costs from 2019 to what will be 2024 at the next festival is worrying. At what point does it not become value for money? A lot of reasons for financial hits, but will the costs ever flatline or in turn come back down? 

All in all I still see the value in it, but just beginning to be more concerned with how things will be in 2029 if following this same trajectory. £400 for a van + £450 ticket with a £100 deposit 😁 spooky!

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

So glad to hear it’s gone back to the old way of paying. I’d more or less written myself off of going if they’d kept that new way but clearly they’ve seen how it can be used to the advantage of large or organised groups and absolutely f**k those going solo or in small groups. 

Yes, agree with that. I actually contacted the festival with my concerns and got a very nice letter back saying they would pass my feedback regarding the ticket sale process onto the relevant teams for their consideration when planning the ticket sales. 

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I have to agree.

I did the coach this year and the journey itself from Bath was fine, the cost within reason. But the timing of it was not ideal. We had to leave at 6:30 am on Wednesday and the return leg was 5:30 on Monday morning. So although I also agree in principle, I won't be doing it again. I'll take my chances with National Express... not a sentence I utter lightly.

1 hour ago, StevieGed said:

Some of those coach prices are dodgy! The substantial jump in costs from 2019 to what will be 2024 at the next festival is worrying. At what point does it not become value for money? A lot of reasons for financial hits, but will the costs ever flatline or in turn come back down? 

All in all I still see the value in it, but just beginning to be more concerned with how things will be in 2029 if following this same trajectory. £400 for a van + £450 ticket with a £100 deposit 😁 spooky!

Coach prices seems to be one of the things that has shot up. I work in a youth hostel and we've had schools who've been coming on trips for years have to cancel this year because they either can't afford the coaches or in some cases just can't get them

That's a 5.9% increase, which is the lowest % change since 2019 prices were announced. 

At current rates it's just over 32 hours work at minimum wage (23+) for a ticket, which is the same as it was in 2014. *

Edited by Leyrulion
*Counting for a minimum wage increase to at least £10.90 by 2024 as the low pay commission recommended, otherwise it's 34 hours which would be the highest.

3 hours ago, thewomble said:

TICKETS PLUS COACH TRAVEL OPTIONS ON SALE AT 6PM GMT, THURSDAY, 2ND NOVEMBER
GENERAL ADMISSION TICKETS ON SALE AT 9AM GMT, SUNDAY, 5TH NOVEMBER

Tickets will cost £355 + £5 booking fee, of which a £75 deposit (plus coach fare if booking a ticket + coach travel option) is payable when booking in November, with the balance payable in the first week of April 2024.

Full Info: https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/

£20 increase on 2023
£75 increase on 2022
£107 increase on 2019

Remember, remember the 5th of November...

I’m excited and nervous already too!

Yes I’m glad we have gone back to the old payment method.

Assuming the payment method would be the same as last years resale. I have seen websites offering to get random people to try for your group’s tickets.

the more you pay, the more people try

and then if you’re successful you have to pay the website an additional £150per ticket surcharge 

It’s annoying people are out there making so money off Glastonbury 

1 hour ago, philipsteak said:

Coach prices seems to be one of the things that has shot up. I work in a youth hostel and we've had schools who've been coming on trips for years have to cancel this year because they either can't afford the coaches or in some cases just can't get them

I believe there's still a massive shortage of drivers at the moment, which (alongside already high inflation) has raised the cost by more than average. Feels like it should sort itself out eventually but sounds like it could be a probably for at least the next couple festival cycles.