2024 Ticket Price & Sale Date Announced

Dukeicon

Just now, Skip997 said:

Too much of this nonsense already.

Tbh - For my tastes at the festival, camping just outside Gate C would be a better location than the staff campsites currently inside the fence on the Western side.

The Campervan provision used to be for people who were effectively lifestyle campers and it was priced that way. As others have observed with the changing nature of what vans you get in there, it's not that anymore. It's glamping. It's actually the most luxurious glamping option available. They're moving towards pricing it that way. 

11 hours ago, DeanoL said:

The Campervan provision used to be for people who were effectively lifestyle campers and it was priced that way. As others have observed with the changing nature of what vans you get in there, it's not that anymore. It's glamping. It's actually the most luxurious glamping option available. They're moving towards pricing it that way. 

It's a field and I still piss in a lenor bottle and sh*t in a portaloo.... There's nothing glamorous about it 🤣

20 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

But then they’d be asking people who don’t use campervans to subsidise those that do . I guess in the longer term the reduced use of campers will help with the environmental credentials of the festival . But see the point on medical conditions you’ve made . 

I think it's the other way round - I can't see that the costs of providing the campervan fields have risen enough to warrant a £50 per van price hike.   The land hire costs are probably fixed for a few years at a time. 

I expect that the increase in revenue from campervans is going straight into the general festival cashflow to make the show happen. 

46 minutes ago, gazzared said:

It's a field and I still piss in a lenor bottle and sh*t in a portaloo.... There's nothing glamorous about it 🤣

Same as any other Glamping option. But with an actual bed.

But y'know, if it's actually no better than camping just leave it behind and camp in a tent instead and save yourself a few hundred quid.

Edited by DeanoL

10 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Same as any other Glamping option. But with an actual bed.

But y'know, if it's actually no better than camping just leave it behind and camp in a tent instead and save yourself a few hundred quid.

I would but back wouldn't allow it 🤣 probably my last Glastonbury anyway as I've already seen the best. Iam trying bearded theory next year for the first time so hoping that gives me the same Glastonbury feelings 🤞

52 minutes ago, stuie said:

I think it's the other way round - I can't see that the costs of providing the campervan fields have risen enough to warrant a £50 per van price hike.   The land hire costs are probably fixed for a few years at a time. 

I expect that the increase in revenue from campervans is going straight into the general festival cashflow to make the show happen. 

Supply and demand in it. They'll keep hiking CV tickets year on year until they don't sell out 

19 minutes ago, gazzared said:

I would but back wouldn't allow it 🤣 probably my last Glastonbury anyway as I've already seen the best. Iam trying bearded theory next year for the first time so hoping that gives me the same Glastonbury feelings 🤞

I sympathise I do, part of the reason this year was our last. Physically, at the moment, it's either glamping or not going at all and it's going to be the latter.

But that was what I was getting at "glamping" is needed for anyone that can't physically cope with the camping, or carrying their stuff large distances. The CV fields offered a cheaper alternative to other such options for those who already had CV's, but I think the festival is rightly seeing they can charge as much for that as as an option as any other glamping option.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, gazzared said:

Supply and demand in it. They'll keep hiking CV tickets year on year until they don't sell out 

They'll always sell out.

Increasing ticket prices year on year will just shift the demographic and more £250,000 motor homes will appear.

Edited by Skip997

6 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

I sympathise I do, part of the reason this year was our last. Physically, at the moment, it's either glamping or not going at all and it's going to be the latter.

But that was what I was getting at "glamping" is needed for anyone that can't physically cope with the camping, or carrying their stuff large distances. The CV fields offered a cheaper alternative to other such options for those who already had CV's, but I think the festival is rightly seeing they can charge as much for that as as an option as any other glamping option.

Without any glamping facilities, hardly any toilets and no showers!

For the first time, if I get a ticket on sale day I'll be trying for a CV ticket too. I have zero knowledge of the process. Does anyone know if its a mad scramble and quite difficult to secure a CV ticket? Do I have to be mega on it the second they go on sale? I've no idea what to expect. 

1 minute ago, Stokesy10 said:

For the first time, if I get a ticket on sale day I'll be trying for a CV ticket too. I have zero knowledge of the process. Does anyone know if its a mad scramble and quite difficult to secure a CV ticket? Do I have to be mega on it the second they go on sale? I've no idea what to expect. 

ive often got them for others it is very busy but in the end most people seem to get them like tickets its worth persisting as sometimes they reappear and there will also be various times when they go back onsale 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

It's definitely easier than getting a festival ticket, but still be prepared and try as hard on the day! 

• Thanks 1

This thread is bonkers!!! Cant believe there are so many posts and people trying to work out the cheapest way of getting there, by coach or car. And some of the lengths people have gone?! Including wear and tear. Had a right laugh reading it.

Im pi$$ed off the CV tickets are £200, and im not even sure my bog standard white camper van is suitable after reading another post on here but at the end of the day, we all have the choice if to go or not, to camp in a tent or glamp. No one is holding a gun to our heads...........unless they dont like bog standard white camper vans. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Poo said:

This thread is bonkers!!! Cant believe there are so many posts and people trying to work out the cheapest way of getting there, by coach or car. And some of the lengths people have gone?! Including wear and tear. Had a right laugh reading it.

Im pi$$ed off the CV tickets are £200, and im not even sure my bog standard white camper van is suitable after reading another post on here but at the end of the day, we all have the choice if to go or not, to camp in a tent or glamp. No one is holding a gun to our heads...........unless they dont like bog standard white camper vans. 

People will dissect things to the smallest detail … welcome to efests 🙂 

Edited by Crazyfool01

9 minutes ago, Poo said:

I have to agree. 

We normally just split the cost of the fuel and parking but from now on, I’m gonna charge my lifts for depreciation of my vehicle and a share of 5 days worth of tax and insurance + half a car wash 😂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, stuie said:

Without any glamping facilities, hardly any toilets and no showers!

Like Sticklinch then *mic drop*

But yeah in seriousness, that's the thing isn't it. It's almost like the cost of car versus coach argument. Most people in campervans have some sort of shower or toilet anyway. The festival doesn't provide them, no, but if the cost of the campervan has already been paid for, then the campervan owner isn't really paying either. It's the bedfellow of the car/coach argument.

And the festival can probably sell two pre-erected tent pitches for every campervan space (if not more) and while they have to provide some extra facilities, those costs are marginal. 

Which is sort of what I'm getting at: do you charge based on what the festival are providing? Or do you charge based on the overall experience the customer has? Worthy View is still more expensive than taking a campervan, but I'd imagine if they were the exact same price, everyone with a van would still rather bring that than stay at WV right? Because it's a better overall experience. Even if the festival is providing less for your money. 

From a business point of view, it doesn't really matter if it costs you a bit less to offer campervan facilities than pre-erected camping. What matters is what people are willing to pay.

(Related: when I was in my 20s, I'd go see bands I loved in arenas and look at the prices and standing was always the most expensive ticket and was always what we'd buy because we wanted to get to the front and jump and shout and dance. These days I look at those same bands in the same places and seats are more expensive than standing. There's nothing specific about one or the other being "better" or "cheaper" - you can pack people more tightly on the floor sure, but that didn't stop it being more expensive in the 00s. It's just priced based on demand of that audience at that point in time.)

2 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

It's definitely easier than getting a festival ticket, but still be prepared and try as hard on the day! 

Nice one. Looking at the map (and the size of CV fields!) is it just pot luck which section of the field your ticket is allocated to, or does it not work like that? I assume you have to keep re-entering through Ped Gate C regardless? 

16 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Nice one. Looking at the map (and the size of CV fields!) is it just pot luck which section of the field your ticket is allocated to, or does it not work like that? I assume you have to keep re-entering through Ped Gate C regardless? 

It’s based on two things:

Whether you have a standard or quiet area cv ticket. The quiet area is closer. On entry, for either area, they will direct you to the area they are filling up, it’s mainly closer to begin with, and very roughly filling up further away the later you are. There’s not much flexibility, although if it’s a group of vehicles arriving together they help you camp together.

How early you get there. The CV fields usually open by 8am on the Tuesday. If you arrive that early, with a quiet ticket, you’ll be around 100 metres away from the top of the hill of death, so close to gate C. Anytime Tuesday you’ll be fairly close. 

Yes, you get a pass out on leaving the gate to get back into the CV fields, and you need that, your ticket, and your wristband for re-entry.

Hope this helps 

Edited by Avalon_Fields

5 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

It’s based on two things:

Whether you have a standard or quiet area cv ticket. The quiet area is closer. On entry, for either area, they will direct you to the area they are filling up, it’s mainly closer to begin with, and very roughly filling up further away the later you are. There’s not much flexibility, although if it’s a group of vehicles arriving together they help you camp together.

How early you get there. The CV fields usually open by 8am on the Tuesday. If you arrive that early, with a quiet ticket, you’ll be around 100 metres away from the top of the hill of death, so close to gate C. Anytime Tuesday you’ll be fairly close. 

Yes, you get a pass out on leaving the gate to get back into the CV fields, and you need that, your ticket, and your wristband for re-entry.

Hope this helps 

It does indeed help, thank you for all of that mate. I've heard of this hill of death... do you have to navigate this regardless of having quiet or standard ticket, so regardless of where you are? Last question I promise (maybz).

52 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Like Sticklinch then *mic drop*

But yeah in seriousness, that's the thing isn't it. It's almost like the cost of car versus coach argument. Most people in campervans have some sort of shower or toilet anyway. The festival doesn't provide them, no, but if the cost of the campervan has already been paid for, then the campervan owner isn't really paying either. It's the bedfellow of the car/coach argument.

And the festival can probably sell two pre-erected tent pitches for every campervan space (if not more) and while they have to provide some extra facilities, those costs are marginal. 

Which is sort of what I'm getting at: do you charge based on what the festival are providing? Or do you charge based on the overall experience the customer has? Worthy View is still more expensive than taking a campervan, but I'd imagine if they were the exact same price, everyone with a van would still rather bring that than stay at WV right? Because it's a better overall experience. Even if the festival is providing less for your money. 

From a business point of view, it doesn't really matter if it costs you a bit less to offer campervan facilities than pre-erected camping. What matters is what people are willing to pay.

(Related: when I was in my 20s, I'd go see bands I loved in arenas and look at the prices and standing was always the most expensive ticket and was always what we'd buy because we wanted to get to the front and jump and shout and dance. These days I look at those same bands in the same places and seats are more expensive than standing. There's nothing specific about one or the other being "better" or "cheaper" - you can pack people more tightly on the floor sure, but that didn't stop it being more expensive in the 00s. It's just priced based on demand of that audience at that point in time.)

In the context of a £50 uplift this year, I can’t see that the costs of operating camper fields have increased by that much.  It’s simply that it’s over subscribed and they know it will still sell out so it’s a logical place to hit when trying to plug the hole in the finances for the wider festival.

Most vans will have 2 or more people in, so £25 each, fiver a night. Nothing will change that much. 

Glad I don’t have to pay it though!

Just now, Stokesy10 said:

It does indeed help, thank you for all of that mate. I've heard of this hill of death... do you have to navigate this regardless of having quiet or standard ticket, so regardless of where you are? Last question I promise (maybz).

That’s ok, happy to be of help. The hill of death isn’t much of a challenge if you’re reasonably fit, the climb up to Worthy View is harder. It’s the only way into gate C from CV East, but if you’re carrying a load, with a trolley or just want an easier path, you can follow where the queues to get in on a Wednesday morning line up, which is an easier route.