2023 New Music

FloorFiller

On 9/4/2023 at 9:22 PM, fred quimby said:

Just got around to listening to the new Beirut tune and liking it.

Album out in November, hopefully a tour with them stopping by the farm

Just listened to it, and then started listening to Beirut again. Miss their sound, quite unique

Been absent for a while dealing with some stuff, but recent releases I've really enjoyed include Hozier and The Hives new releases, but also The Sun by Joseph.  Massively underrated band IMO and it's a great album.  Touring UK next month in tiny venues too.  Would strongly recommend.

10 minutes ago, JonSnow said:

Romy and Laufey too.

Must stacked day of the year so far for me

Can’t believe I missed Romy off the listen. Listened to that twice already today and absolutely loving it!

And agree, been a quiet last month or so for new releases, but today more than makes up for it!

What a great day for new music yesterday was!

ORod album is ace. So many bangers. 

Chemical Brothers album is great. One or two misses maybe, but the rest is ace.

Maybe it’s because hype for it is almost non-existent as far as I can see, but I didn’t have especially high expectations for the new Romy album but damn is it great. I was expecting it to be kind of low-key but it’s mostly big summery house tunes. Big fan.

Dying Fetus and Kvelertak albums are great if metal tickles your fancy. 

Not got around to Roisin yet but preparing myself to love it given the glowing reviews it’s been getting.

And there’s undoubtedly a few more I’m forgetting about, so yeah, excellent day of releases. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

What a great day for new music yesterday was!

ORod album is ace. So many bangers. 

Chemical Brothers album is great. One or two misses maybe, but the rest is ace.

Maybe it’s because hype for it is almost non-existent as far as I can see, but I didn’t have especially high expectations for the new Romy album but damn is it great. I was expecting it to be kind of low-key but it’s mostly big summery house tunes. Big fan.

Dying Fetus and Kvelertak albums are great if metal tickles your fancy. 

Not got around to Roisin yet but preparing myself to love it given the glowing reviews it’s been getting.

And there’s undoubtedly a few more I’m forgetting about, so yeah, excellent day of releases. 

Yeah feel like Romy should have dropped this 2-3 months ago! 

41 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

They’re such a great band. Loved the last one, not had time to listen to Sea of Mirrors yet, but some reviews saying it’s their best since the debut.

Playing New Century Hall in December with excellent support 

IMG_4450.jpegIf anyone hasn’t heard it the Iraina Mancini album is really good as well although Romy is the out and out winner of this week. 

Edited by gigpusher
  • Like 1

I've been listening to as much new music as possible this year, 270ish albums so far, and Friday was probably the best release day so far this year.

Chem Bros, Romy, Sylosis, Kvelertak, Olivia Rodrigo, Angel Du$t, The Coral and Mustard Plug were all fantastic, Romy probably being my favourite, and I still have some planned. 

Favourite from this year are The Worm (HMLTD), Angels & Queens (Gabriels) and Heavy Heavy (Young Fathers) are my likely top three, Knowledge Freedom Power  (Slow Readers Club) a very close fourth.

6 minutes ago, st dan said:

Romy’s album is a serious contender for my AOTY. Can’t stop listening to it - just really wish it was ready for release earlier in the year as it would have been a perfect summer soundtrack and fitted in perfectly in the festival season. 

Probably helps that it arrived in the only week of Summer but yes I am obsessed with it. I think it could get me through a dark Winter imagining dancing to it in the fields though.

36 minutes ago, st dan said:

Romy’s album is a serious contender for my AOTY. Can’t stop listening to it - just really wish it was ready for release earlier in the year as it would have been a perfect summer soundtrack and fitted in perfectly in the festival season. 

Yeah she/her label massively f**ked up not having this released for festival season. So many feel good dancey bops. What she’s doing is hardly revolutionary, but damn is she doing it well.