2023 New Music

FloorFiller

Let’s goooo.

First surprise release of the year is from Fireworks who dropped their long delayed new album this morning after announcing its release yesterday.  Can’t say I was ever a massive fan of them previously, but this new album is a pretty big change up in sound and is hitting all the right notes for me this morning: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, kalifire said:

👀

Pretty sure those are old photographs so this could just end up being some generic new years post from their account, but a man can dream.

Tbh after their last reformation kind of came and went with a bit of a muted reaction (lest we forget ‘who are Outkast?’ trending when they were announced for Coachella) and Andre notably not seeming very interested I didn’t think they’d ever be back again. 

There's been good reviews for the upcoming Gaz Coombes and Margo Price albums, both would be possible Glastonbury appearances I guess. Just hope the Lana del Rey one is approaching NFR for quality.

Later in the year, at last, a new album by PJ Harvey. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a Glastonbury slot.

21 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Last year was another great year for music. Here’s hoping this year is as good. Looking forward to Young Fathers and Gaz Coombes imminently.

These are the 2 that have my juices flowing at the moment.

40 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

These are the 2 that have my juices flowing at the moment.

Yep although a lot of my favourites of a year can end up being things I didn’t even know about at the start so May this year bring us all the joy of new discoveries. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

There's been good reviews for the upcoming Gaz Coombes and Margo Price albums, both would be possible Glastonbury appearances I guess. Just hope the Lana del Rey one is approaching NFR for quality.

Later in the year, at last, a new album by PJ Harvey. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a Glastonbury slot.

I really hope we get all 3 at Glasto. (And that Margo price gets a bigger crowd this time!)

30 minutes ago, OCarter said:

A lot of praise coming from Mr-Indie Steve Lamacq

Debut EP 'Island of Light' out 24th Feb and they've just announced their first UK headline tour

Thought this was an attempt at a rebrand from Dog is Dead for a minute. 

Sounds very Joy Division

• Like 1

On 1/1/2023 at 4:19 PM, FloorFiller said:

Let’s goooo.

First surprise release of the year is from Fireworks who dropped their long delayed new album this morning after announcing its release yesterday.  Can’t say I was ever a massive fan of them previously, but this new album is a pretty big change up in sound and is hitting all the right notes for me this morning: 

Cheers for this. Had never heard of them before and very much enjoyed it. It'll be the type when i come to looking at best albums of the year I'll have forgotten about but be pleasantly surprised when I have another listen. 

I Want to Start a Religion With You and Blood in the Milk my standouts.

11 hours ago, OCarter said:

A lot of praise coming from Mr-Indie Steve Lamacq

Debut EP 'Island of Light' out 24th Feb and they've just announced their first UK headline tour

Oooh these are right up my street and playing a teeeeeeeny venue that I usually go past.

Edited by WhatADin