2023 New Music

FloorFiller

Alison Goldfrapp album is good. Not exactly bringing anything new to the whole disco/electro pop revival over the last few years, and I suppose you could even say it’s a little derivative of the likes of Roisin Machine, but it’s still an enjoyable listen full of vibey bangers.

Really liking the new Hot Mulligan album. Seem to be really blowing up at the moment and deservedly so and I’m stoked to see them later in the year. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/4/2023 at 6:48 PM, OCarter said:

Grian Chatten (of Fontaines D.C. fame) is releasing a solo album in June

Strong singles so far

Produced by Dan Carey (who else, the man is a rash on the music scene)

Heard this on 6Music the other day. It's really good!

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Alison Goldfrapp album is good. Not exactly bringing anything new to the whole disco/electro pop revival over the last few years, and I suppose you could even say it’s a little derivative of the likes of Roisin Machine, but it’s still an enjoyable listen full of vibey bangers.

Really liking the new Hot Mulligan album. Seem to be really blowing up at the moment and deservedly so and I’m stoked to see them later in the year. 

Yeah I'm digging new Goldfrapp. Hopefully she doesn't clash because I haven't seen her live for 16 years!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Really liking this Alison Goldfrapp record, reckon it will sound great live. After being blown away by Roisin Murphy last year think this could be similar…

Been a bit slack so got a bit of a flurry of album release recommendations!

New album from Brighton singer songwriter type (what does that even mean, not sure I know) Jacko Hooper, melancholic largely acoustic type stuff.

new Spanish Love Songs rocks. their sound has kinda gone a bit War on Drugs-y but still them at heart.

can't bloody wait to see them next Friday before Slam Dunk, and those Hot Mulligan x SLS shows for £20 a piece in Autumn will be a bargain

album in August 

Edited by Riggins
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Riggins said:

new Spanish Love Songs rocks. their sound has kinda gone a bit War on Drugs-y but still them at heart.

can't bloody wait to see them next Friday before Slam Dunk, and those Hot Mulligan x SLS shows for £20 a piece in Autumn will be a bargain

album in August 

I thought it sounded a bit Jimmy Eat World-ey but definitely get a bit of a War on Drugs/Killers vibe aswell. I dig it, although that type of music is a slippery slope between big and anthemic and a bit lame so hopefully rest of the album hits the right note and doesn’t totally abandon their pop-punk/emo vibe. And yeah, I’m stoked for that Hot Mulligan show - gonna be killer. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I thought it sounded a bit Jimmy Eat World-ey but definitely get a bit of a War on Drugs/Killers vibe aswell. I dig it, although that type of music is a slippery slope between big and anthemic and a bit lame so hopefully rest of the album hits the right note and doesn’t totally abandon their pop-punk/emo vibe. And yeah, I’m stoked for that Hot Mulligan show - gonna be killer. 

very true - still sounds like Spanish Love Songs thus far, think it's the vocals and lyrics for me. really interested to see the full thing. 

told myself I didn't need to go after seeing them with Arm's Length a couple weeks ago and this SLS Slam Dunk warm up next week but may have to double dip - Pryzm announced too for cheap