Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, incident said:

What you're looking for is here - published after the event and before the arrest. Not a book exactly but it's plenty enough evidence that he was actually researching the subject. Though again I'll point out - in a completely idiotic way.

I'll just say i'm skeptical but lets nip it in the bud before the thread goes off-track.

In other news any chance of Blur appearing looks have been d@bbed down (Dave Rowntree in the Guardian). Was never really on the cards but still sad to see

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Revisiting Macca. What a fucking night that was.

How brother. For me personally it was up there with the Stones when I scattered some of my dads ashes during the set. From the first beats of the set till the last was like a journey through your life as well as his. I feel so honoured and privileged to have been there for it.

Edited by westholtschic
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Unsure if there's a thread for them, but with the new single. Chance on Daughter playing? Not announced a tour yet but album out in April. High JP? 

I think they’ll be there. They were a bit wasted on the Park last time, far too sunny for them and it was dinner time so plenty of chatters around. 3rd/4th down JP would be ideal.

18 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

How did I completely miss this announcement?

New song came out on Monday, if you like the other stuff then I reckon you’ll enjoy this too. A good development for them.

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

I think they’ll be there. They were a bit wasted on the Park last time, far too sunny for them and it was dinner time so plenty of chatters around. 3rd/4th down JP would be ideal.

New song came out on Monday, if you like the other stuff then I reckon you’ll enjoy this too. A good development for them.

Just listened to the new single and I really like it. Will add them to all my predictions now and wish it into existence 

10 hours ago, Jose Pose said:

Don’t know about the Who but the Chemical Brothers smashed it as usual on the Other Stage, as did Jamie T before them.

Yep. Cracking evening’s entertainment that was. Just wish I wasn’t a broken shell of a man by that point.

Genuinely never heard of Frank Ocean before reading his name on here some time ago. Listened to some of his stuff just now to see what the hype was. Bang average R&B. And he seems to be an Olympic standard selfish w*nker. What’s the fuss about? 

25 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Yep. Cracking evening’s entertainment that was. Just wish I wasn’t a broken shell of a man by that point.

Genuinely never heard of Frank Ocean before reading his name on here some time ago. Listened to some of his stuff just now to see what the hype was. Bang average R&B. And he seems to be an Olympic standard selfish w*nker. What’s the fuss about? 

He has so many incredible songs. Also released by far two of the best albums of the 10s. He’s a superstar.

Just a shame he’s a living myth.

On 1/14/2023 at 3:13 PM, gfa said:

I think GNR are bigger

Frank Ocean could probably do a massive tour off pent up demand but then if he tried to do it 3 years later would be far smaller

Silly argument anyway i'd say

get frank's dad, 'billy'.

3 hours ago, westholtschic said:

How brother. For me personally it was up there with the Stones when I scattered some of my dads ashes during the set. From the first beats of the set till the last was like a journey through your life as well as his. I feel so honoured and privileged to have been there for it.

That's a nice touch

I went to a record fair today and it struck me just how many Elton albums were to be found in the £5 and under crates, similar numbers to Rod Stewart. You could probably build up a full collection for not too much money. Not the sort of thing you could say with The Beatles, Stones, Queen, Dylan, Floyd, Stevie and other acts of (I guess) similar stature.

Anyway, not that it means anything, I just found it interesting and thought I'd share my musings with you lot.

Am I the only person who didn't really enjoy the Macca set?! I was so looking forward to it as well, but for me it was a classic example of - it doesn't matter who is on stage, it's the people around you.

It was the only time during the whole festival where it felt like we were surrounded by people moaning.... it was like being in a crowd with a load of head teachers. One woman was moaning about people pushing past to get closer to the front. We were like...it's a festival, it happens. She said "in all my years of coming I've never seen behaviour like it" - honestly what a wolly. It was the most tame crowd ever. 

Anyway, we were just in the wrong spot clearly but we ended up leaving and going to Arcadia where we had one of the funniest nights ever and made friends for life (even though we dont know their names and will probably never see them again, you know how it goes 🤣

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum
  • Upvote 1

On 1/14/2023 at 2:48 PM, clarkete said:

You, as many do here, shared an incomplete quote that missed a fundamental aspect of her message. 

Don't ignore "some years hopefully where you have all female" - that's equally important and you do yourself a disservice in excluding it. 

I think that's because we're fairly confident the 2023 headliners are not going to be all-female.

On 1/15/2023 at 12:03 AM, Gnomicide said:

I've heard of Frank Ocean but don't think I've heard Frank Ocean. But that's ok because apparently it means I have no interest in music.

Efests - where Lewis Capaldi isn't big enough to headline but Frank Ocean is.

On 1/15/2023 at 12:29 AM, Matt42 said:

Guy also has mad respect in the industry, Beyoncé, Jay Z, Ye, and various others have had Frank on hand for some of their biggest releases. 

Ahh, so he's like a Keith TOTP for Gen-Z...

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Am I the only person who didn't really enjoy the Macca set?! I was so looking forward to it as well, but for me it was a classic example of - it doesn't matter who is on stage, it's the people around you.

It was the only time during the whole festival where it felt like we were surrounded by people moaning.... it was like being in a crowd with a load of head teachers. One woman was moaning about people pushing past to get closer to the front. We were like...it's a festival, it happens. She said "in all my years of coming I've never seen behaviour like it" - honestly what a wolly. It was the most tame crowd ever. 

Anyway, we were just in the wrong spot clearly but we ended up leaving and going to Arcadia where we had one of the funniest nights ever and made friends for life (even though we dont know their names and will probably never see them again, you know how it goes 🤣

Sadly sometimes that happens especially at headliner time and if possible the best option is just to move but I know that can be easier said than done at the busy headliners. 

9 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Same for me. Got into an argument with some idiots next to us after asking them to shut up.

Soured the whole thing for me.

19 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I thoroughly enjoyed it but throught Kendrick was another level. For me there was an all-timer headline set that weekend and it wasn't on the Saturday.