LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

33 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I’d never listened to Fred Again, so that was new to me. Absolutely fantastic. Thanks for that! Will be checking out his other stuff asap. 

Fred is Ace.  Here's another one to check out - first heard him around 18 months ago when someone on here posted the following set.  So so good -

I was really surprised he wasn't there this year, but he must be nailed on for 2023. He will be one of my sees - get him headlining West Holts please 🤞

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

I’d never listened to Fred Again

Also, you definitely have - but probably not knowingly!  Marea (we've lost dancing) was blasted out constantly this year in between acts on the main stages.  Have a listen and I'll bet you remember.  My Son came back obsessed with it and it will forever be one of the songs I associate with my first Glasto and Summer 2022 😎

22 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Also, you definitely have - but probably not knowingly!  Marea (we've lost dancing) was blasted out constantly this year in between acts on the main stages.  Have a listen and I'll bet you remember.  My Son came back obsessed with it and it will forever be one of the songs I associate with my first Glasto and Summer 2022 😎

I don't like it.  It makes me said because it reminds me of the time when we were locked down and we'd lost dancing.

54 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Don't we normally get some sort of announcement after the sale? Where's the thingyy?

Space between sale day and 1st announcement since the move to October sale:

2009 - 4 months 4 days
2010 - 7 weeks 1 day
2011 - 4 months 8 days
2013 - 3 months 10 days
2014 - 2 months 13 days
2015 - 1 month 25 days
2016 - 3 months 28 days
2017 - 11 days
2019 - 1 month 6 days

2020 - 4 days

Edited by Gnomicide
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

2009 - 4 months 4 days
2010 - 7 weeks 1 day
2011 - 4 months 8 days
2013 - 3 months 10 days
2014 - 2 months 13 days
2015 - 1 month 25 days
2016 - 3 months 28 days
2017 - 11 days
2019 - 1 month 6 days

Yeah, but the sale was a month later. I WANT MY ANNOUNCEMENT. 

13 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

2009 - 4 months 4 days
2010 - 7 weeks 1 day
2011 - 4 months 8 days
2013 - 3 months 10 days
2014 - 2 months 13 days
2015 - 1 month 25 days
2016 - 3 months 28 days
2017 - 11 days
2019 - 1 month 6 days

I'm sure in 2020 it was the next week, it was like here have a supreme sees ya laters. A month later it was here we found the Beatle in the back do you want it?

25 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

2009 - 4 months 4 days
2010 - 7 weeks 1 day
2011 - 4 months 8 days
2013 - 3 months 10 days
2014 - 2 months 13 days
2015 - 1 month 25 days
2016 - 3 months 28 days
2017 - 11 days
2019 - 1 month 6 days

My prediction is we get a legend act in the next week or two and then a headliner week or two before Christmas. 

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

I've given the Fred Again album a go, pretty decent. Might just be me but it reminds me a lot of Zhu's first album.

Me too! Just put it on while sporting. Not my usual stuff but indeed I quite enjoyed it.

(Let's stop posting in this thread unless there's an announcement, I get excited every time for nothing. I will start after this post though)

14 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Yeah, but the sale was a month later. I WANT MY ANNOUNCEMENT. 

Yep it's going to be even harder to work out any pattern this year because of the sale time changing. I would have thought they would like to put some kind of announcement out before Christmas just to keep excitement building but I suppose it depends on individuals tours etc and how well they are selling as to whether they will agree to any announcements. 

On 11/22/2022 at 1:05 PM, circus92 said:

Fred is Ace.  Here's another one to check out - first heard him around 18 months ago when someone on here posted the following set.  So so good -

I was really surprised he wasn't there this year, but he must be nailed on for 2023. He will be one of my sees - get him headlining West Holts please 🤞

He was already booked for some US dates over Glastonbury.

3 hours ago, deadpheasant said:

Thursday weekend 1 was a bit shit but apart from that I had no issues with it. Had to be tactical of where to join bar queues though as it was a free for all.

There was still like 3/4 working water fountains - single spouts, not groups - across the entire site which is beyond unacceptable. We drink a lot of water, we had to carry a backpack full of empty bottles and still end up queueing for up to an hour when we ran out just to refill. Shambles. 

6 hours ago, deadpheasant said:

Thursday weekend 1 was a bit shit but apart from that I had no issues with it. Had to be tactical of where to join bar queues though as it was a free for all.

I got caught in some terrible crowd crushes, particularly leaving Nick Cave.  It was incredibly oversold, and felt very unsafe to me at times.  I'm 6'3" and generally not phased by these things - leaving Nick we got stuck for over a half hour of barely moving. I felt extremely concerned for anyone shorter than me, who didnt have the advantage of being able to have their head above the crowd for fresh air.  I think it was. a bad idea to have those two main stages side by side, rather than opposite each other like they used to be ,

Not to mention the beer and water queues. 

3 hours ago, BenG92 said:

There was still like 3/4 working water fountains - single spouts, not groups - across the entire site which is beyond unacceptable. We drink a lot of water, we had to carry a backpack full of empty bottles and still end up queueing for up to an hour when we ran out just to refill. Shambles. 

Tap water is safe to drink in Barcelona although doesn't taste that great, I think a lot of people didn't realise this though and they should have made it a lot clearer.

16 minutes ago, Olshansky said:

I got caught in some terrible crowd crushes, particularly leaving Nick Cave.  It was incredibly oversold, and felt very unsafe to me at times.  I'm 6'3" and generally not phased by these things - leaving Nick we got stuck for over a half hour of barely moving. I felt extremely concerned for anyone shorter than me, who didnt have the advantage of being able to have their head above the crowd for fresh air.  I think it was. a bad idea to have those two main stages side by side, rather than opposite each other like they used to be ,

Not to mention the beer and water queues. 

The crowd control was really poor between the main stages I heard. I mainly stuck to the small stages and Bits area so didn't get caught up in it personally. Probably why I had a better experience of PS than others.

Bits area I found very underutilised in comparison. Masses of open spaces and bars with no queues. Shame it's so far away from everything else.

I made my feelings about Primavera really clear in the Primavera thread, but yeah I was really disappointed. It was my first time and the issues on the first day with water and beer queues were insane. We also got stuck in a scary crush, the Bits area was criminally underused (so bad planning in terms of scheduling) and despite queuing for over two hours on one occasion didn't make it into any ciudad gigs. I'd heard such good things about it over the years but, organisational issues aside, I also found it completely sterile, corporate and lacking in atmosphere.

Musically we saw some great things but I wouldn't bother again. It's like APE but in Spain. Made me desperate to get back to Glastonbury, to be honest.