LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

Imagine what would happen if someone with a crazy fanbase would be announced though... Is BTS still a thing?

I am wondering if there is still not a tiny amount of fear that Glasto wouldn't sell out, which would be a disaster, and would push the fest to keep the excitement going JUST to be sure...

Just now, moogster said:

I am wondering if there is still not a tiny amount of fear that Glasto wouldn't sell out, which would be a disaster, and would push the fest to keep the excitement going JUST to be sure...

They struggled to sell out the year Jay Z played (2007?), which I blame that Gallagher loony for.

1 minute ago, moogster said:

Maybe they should announce someone they think is great but isn't for the "line up obsessed" crowd . (for selfish I want tickets purposes). 😈

This is exactly what they should do.

I have no problems getting a ticket so it ain't for that reason in my case.

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

They struggled to sell out the year Jay Z played (2007?), which I blame that Gallagher loony for.

It was part Gallagher, but I think it was more due to the fact that 2006 was one of the wettest, most flooded, and most depressing years ever. I don't think it stopped raining the entire festival.

So many people (myself included) were done for a few years after experiencing 2006.

What I am saying is we need a really, really bad year in terms of weather to make the tickets stop selling out instantly again.

Edited by Isaact

6 minutes ago, Isaact said:

It was part Gallagher, but I think it was more due to the fact that 2006 was one of the wettest, most flooded, and most depressing years ever. I don't think it stopped raining the entire festival.

So many people (myself included) were done for a few years after experiencing 2006.

I guess you mean 2007. There was no festival in 2006.

*2008 after the bad weather in 2007, bad weather again in 2008 possibly resulting in slow sales for 2009. Or it may have been the perceived largely poor 2008 line-up. 

6 April (Sun): Tickets on sale - Sold out one day before the festival

5 October 2008 (Sun): Tickets on sale - Sold out in February

Screenshot_20220728-144418_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7167643d87aa1068723dfd0d61a40fdc.jpg

Edited by Gnomicide

3 minutes ago, Isaact said:

2005?

Wasn't on in 2006

1 hour ago, Isaact said:

What I am saying is we need a really, really bad year in terms of weather to make the tickets stop selling out instantly again.

Or a fucked economy with sky high inflation and prices 😞 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Depends if I can afford it … it’s gonna tip the balance for some …. Just sat listening to Neil Diamond sound check in my garden might be all I can Stretch to…  

As I wrote in some other thread in a galaxy far, far away.

I've no idea how people afford it.

It's cheap for me: no ticket cost, majority of my food provided, I don't drink alcohol and live relatively close.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

As I wrote in some other thread in a galaxy far, far away.

I've no idea how people afford it.

It's cheap for me: no ticket cost, majority of my food provided, I don't drink alcohol and live relatively close.

…. Maybe some will cut out number of gigs which are becoming really expensive and keep G which is better value … It’s my annual holiday I don’t go abroad very often and I’m able to keep costs lower by not using the bars … and I’m local too so that expense is not huge 

14 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I guess you mean 2007. There was no festival in 2006.

*2008 after the bad weather in 2007, bad weather again in 2008 possibly resulting in slow sales for 2009. Or it may have been the perceived largely poor 2008 line-up. 

6 April (Sun): Tickets on sale - Sold out one day before the festival

5 October 2008 (Sun): Tickets on sale - Sold out in February

Screenshot_20220728-144418_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7167643d87aa1068723dfd0d61a40fdc.jpg

I don't remember the weather being that bad in 2008? It was my first year and had a blast. Think it rained maybe Thursday and Friday?

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I don't remember the weather being that bad in 2008? It was my first year and had a blast. Think it rained maybe Thursday and Friday?

Yeah 2008 was OK.

Fair bit of drizzle Thursday evening, but was mostly dry other than that. Trainers most of the weekend.

• 1 month later...
On 7/28/2022 at 1:17 PM, moogster said:

Imagine what would happen if someone with a crazy fanbase would be announced though... Is BTS still a thing?

they were only ever a thing with Matt42. 

Edited by Neil

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Dude, let the Matt42 beef go already. 

no beef, statement of fact i only remember matt bigging up bts. uif he hadn't i wouldn't even know of them.

Edited by Neil