LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

38 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Definitely! Though my music knowledge is pretty poor so I often have to "discover" the headliners as well.  That lad Paul McCartney this year seemed good.

Lol! TBF I discovered Taylor Swift when she was supposed to be headlining. I honestly didn’t know a song by her before that! 

9 hours ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

An underwhelming first announcement for sure, if it is 

I'd agree with you, but sometimes I'm thrilled when I'm not into the Pyramid headliner due to there being so much else on.  How nice to be able to check out the Park or the Other headliner when you don't have any FOMO about the Pyramid.  

2019 and 2022 had AWFUL headliner clashes for me.  I'm rather hoping for pyramid acts I don't give a toss about 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Olshansky said:

I'd agree with you, but sometimes I'm thrilled when I'm not into the Pyramid headliner due to there being so much else on.  How nice to be able to check out the Park or the Other headliner when you don't have any FOMO about the Pyramid.  

2019 and 2022 had AWFUL headliner clashes for me.  I'm rather hoping for pyramid acts I don't give a toss about 

Yep I will be more than happy if I am not at the Pyramid at headliner time at all this year. I think only Elton John of the acts being touted at the moment would make me change my life mind. 

3 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Cool. It'd be nice to get something 

It looks like a string of EU festivals are due to announce next week.

Mad Cool, Nos Alive, Grasspop, PinkPop, I-DAYS, Possibly Werchter. 

Looking at the most prevalent rumours;

Guns for Graspop, PinkPop

RHCP for Mad Cool, Nos Alive

Blur for Werchter

Travis Scott for I-DAYS, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he popped up at Mad Cool too.

58 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I'm hoping it's an exciting surprise, not confirmation of what we already think we know.

So am I but the names floating around so far for next summer are kinda questionable.

Edited by Matt42

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I'm hoping it's an exciting surprise, not confirmation of what we already think we know.

I’d take a Reg confirmation. 

Although I don’t think it’s happening. 

Can’t see Roxy getting their own announcement and AM would be a big fat meh. 

Can see Guns being first if the rumours of other European festivals is true. 

3 hours ago, nikkic said:

I’d take a Reg confirmation. 

Although I don’t think it’s happening. 

Can’t see Roxy getting their own announcement and AM would be a big fat meh. 

Can see Guns being first if the rumours of other European festivals is true. 

I'd be happy if the 1st announcement was something a bit different like a WH or Other Stage announcement like the Little Simz one last year. (I know she wasn't the first announcement but getting her own announcement was quite cool) 

42 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I'd be happy if the 1st announcement was something a bit different like a WH or Other Stage announcement like the Little Simz one last year. (I know she wasn't the first announcement but getting her own announcement was quite cool) 

Yeah I’d be down with that. 

Fred Again on West Holts gets my vote. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, gigpusher said:

It's a prediction. 

Seems like a lot of fests have been quick out of the blocks with announcements and line up posters this year and wondered if this is in response to the cost of living issues and them being worried about not selling out?  Many festival goers I know tend to hit a few each summer but if they are having to cut costs, then only going to 1 or 2 would seem to be the obvious money saver, meaning reduced demand.  Not an issue for G clearly, but for others perhaps they are trying to be the first to attract buyers and not get left behind?

8 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Seems like a lot of fests have been quick out of the blocks with announcements and line up posters this year and wondered if this is in response to the cost of living issues and them being worried about not selling out?  Many festival goers I know tend to hit a few each summer but if they are having to cut costs, then only going to 1 or 2 would seem to be the obvious money saver, meaning reduced demand.  Not an issue for G clearly, but for others perhaps they are trying to be the first to attract buyers and not get left behind?

Worked well for Download, fastest selling year ever, and easy to see why with that lineup. 

8 hours ago, sfroml said:

I keep hearing about this 'Fred' person.

Who is Fred?

Just does dance music to such a good standard that people outside of the usual circle are taking a lot of interest, in the same way they did for Disclosure, Jamie XX, Bicep. Stick this on and see if you fancy it. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Just does dance music to such a good standard that people outside of the usual circle are taking a lot of interest, in the same way they did for Disclosure, Jamie XX, Bicep. Stick this on and see if you fancy it. 

I’d never listened to Fred Again, so that was new to me. Absolutely fantastic. Thanks for that! Will be checking out his other stuff asap. 

• Like 1