LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

22 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Yeah, I could see a big act being embargoed that we might not have thought of yet.

Reckon it might not be long until we get a headliner.  Just looked at festileaks forum to see what they are chatting about.

GNR could be announced in December for the following festivals;

- PinkPop (Netherlands) 16-18 June
- Firenze Rocks (Italy) was same weekend as Pinkpop last year but dates TBC
- Grasspop (Belgium) 15-18 June.

Will GNR be the first confirmed headliner?

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Reckon it might not be long until we get a headliner.  Just looked at festileaks forum to see what they are chatting about.

GNR could be announced in December for the following festivals;

- PinkPop (Netherlands) 16-18 June
- Firenze Rocks (Italy) was same weekend as Pinkpop last year but dates TBC
- Grasspop (Belgium) 15-18 June.

Will GNR be the first confirmed headliner?

ffs I hope not!

Just now, leath02 said:

Feel like AM won’t be announced until the poster. With the other two more unknown ones coming between now and then 

I reckon no announcement until December though 

GNR - December?

Third (possibly Dua) - February? 

AM - with the poster in March

57 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

We really haven’t seen many lineups. Looks like lots of announcements are being held back.

its been a lot busier for announcements at this time of year than it normally is.

5 minutes ago, leath02 said:

I feel like GnR won’t be the first out the blocks either

Think the more mysterious third headliner will come first and be potentially an exciting curveball

Tbh who is the mysterious headliner? To us? The people who look at it every day.

To those who don’t engage with efestivals every headliner is mysterious - I don’t think they cater their announcements to us.

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Tbh who is the mysterious headliner? To us? The people who look at it every day.

To those who don’t engage with efestivals every headliner is mysterious - I don’t think they cater their announcements to us.

A valid point… Although I feel like even people I talk to outside efests seem to be waging on AM being one of the three names. 

Just feel like the first one is gunna be one to grab headlines a bit, definitely don’t think that would be AM

6 minutes ago, leath02 said:

A valid point… Although I feel like even people I talk to outside efests seem to be waging on AM being one of the three names. 

Just feel like the first one is gunna be one to grab headlines a bit, definitely don’t think that would be AM

… but what if they don’t have a headline grabbing headliner this year… are AM, GNR, Dua stop the world moments?

I would most likely watch Guns and Roses if they play. I like some of their songs although I'm not a huge fan. However, for me it would be the sort of headline act I would find difficult to ignore. My curiosity in wanting to experience how it turns out would probably get the better of me!

3 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Yep same here. Discovered some great acts in my Glastonbury playlists. Tends to be the smaller announcements that I like as well. 

Definitely! Though my music knowledge is pretty poor so I often have to "discover" the headliners as well.  That lad Paul McCartney this year seemed good.