LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

8 minutes ago, Chazeboy said:

did someone else not say - Strummervile put back till the 18th (or maybe 16th)

I saw 16th. Looking forward to that one.

16 minutes ago, stuie said:

San Remo / Block 9 this week? 

Arcadia / The Park next week.

What else? 

9 minutes ago, Chazeboy said:

did someone else not say - Strummervile put back till the 18th (or maybe 16th)

Does BBC Introducing get its own announcement? Its one I look forward to as some of the smaller bands I listen to end up on there. Strummerville too actually

Edited by efcfanwirral

37 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I thought The Park was suggested to be Weds or Thurs this week. Sure I saw it posted on this site somewhere.

A friend of a friend is playing at Strummerville, he said he was told the announcement for it was this Thursday - so if he's right, hopefully The Park is tomorrow. 

I've no doubt this has been discussed many times already here but as we inch closer to Glasto, my productivity in work slowly begins to dip...

Here's the 2023 Other Stage line up versus what was on announced on the initial poster drop. Hopefully lots of nice surprises still to come!

Screenshot 2024-05-14 140531.png

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

I've no doubt this has been discussed many times already here but as we inch closer to Glasto, my productivity in work slowly begins to dip...

Here's the 2023 Other Stage line up versus what was on announced on the initial poster drop. Hopefully lots of nice surprises still to come!

Now this is awesome!

49 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Yep I keep trying to think of the names I have heard mentioned and where they will end up. I assume Nadine Shah and The Staves will end up on there. Annie Mac and James likely as well. Still a few surprises to go though.

1 hour ago, TheDayman said:

So yeah, if there's a male artist your hoping for there is still a good chance (e.g. James etc)

EM clearly likes to add more females to initial poster. A good thing I believe.

But I certainly wouldn't expect any biggish female acts to suddenly appear. 

29 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

So yeah, if there's a male artist your hoping for there is still a good chance (e.g. James etc)

EM clearly likes to add more females to initial poster. A good thing I believe.

But I certainly wouldn't expect any biggish female acts to suddenly appear. 

The Darkness 🤞🤞🤞

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

There won't be as many surprises on The Park - far more acts on the initial poster this year vs. last:

Screenshot 2024-05-14 181236_Other.png

Screenshot 2024-05-14 175950_Park.png

it’s already pretty good but there’s defo a space a day for a little surprise or tba

1 hour ago, Acid_Haze said:

I reckon even if the Park info turns out not to be true we'll still get something good today, even if it's the map, the new Arcadia, or Rocket Lounge + Deluxe Diner.

What's The Park info? Must have missed that

3 minutes ago, nikkic said:

What's The Park info? Must have missed that

I actually haven't got a clue, people just keep saying someone reliable on this forum said that the Park lineup will be out today.