Wet Leg

MaxPower

37 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I mean, it's no Voice Of The Beehive.

Hahaha I fucking loved VOTB so much as a 17 year old. That album still gets a spin at Mardy Mansions. Will dig it out in a bit. Nice one.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Presumably intentional but the riff on I Don’t Wanna Go Out is just The Man Who Sold the World isn’t it?

Clocked that also on a first listen. Sailing very close to the wind with that one. 

Album is pretty light and fun on a first listen, but nothing particularly ground breaking. 

18 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Hahaha I fucking loved VOTB so much as a 17 year old. That album still gets a spin at Mardy Mansions. Will dig it out in a bit. Nice one.

Excellent isn't it? I still revisit it from time to time. I saw them at Reading in 1989 on a day you'd have loved.

120219092.jpg

9 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Excellent isn't it? I still revisit it from time to time. I saw them at Reading in 1989 on a day you'd have loved.

120219092.jpg

That was my first ever festival! But I only went on the Saturday on a day ticket. Still blew my tiny parochial small-town mind. Changed me forever. Suddenly it's not just you and your 3 mates who like this stuff, There are others!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Padjeq said:

Listening to it on the train to work, sun shining, very very 2003 second year of uni vibes for me. Want a £1.70 union pint and I want it right now.

£1.70 in 2003! That seems like a lot, its only about £2.50 now (and thats in Reading which is near enough london prices elsewhere!!)

Edited by gfa

Had a first listen through. If you forget the hype, it’s a decent effort for a debut. 

Really made me feel like I was 20 again in 2006, especially Wet Dream, which has CSS/New Young Pony Club/Le Tigre vibes.

Aside from a couple of absolute filler tracks it’s a decent 6/10. Will give it a few more listens though 

1 hour ago, gfa said:

£1.70 in 2003! That seems like a lot, its only about £2.50 now (and thats in Reading which is near enough london prices elsewhere!!)

I couldn't remember exactly what it was, but I have a memory now of a bottle of newky brown costing £1.80 in Snobs back then, so the wolvo union probably was even cheaper. I remember taking my scouse mate to the Dubliner and him remarking how expensive £2.50 was for a carlsberg.

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Definite JP imo. Every year there’s at least a one act there that absolute rams the place out with tons of people watching from outside and I think it’ll be them this year.

Yes, agree with that. Gave them a listen this morning and you can imagine the JP rammed and jumping when they play. Quirky and hypnotic, high energy and a wide appeal. 

6 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I didn't get there until Saturday 😄

The only one I was bothered about missing was Gaye Bikers on Acid to be fair.

After watching Gaye Bykers and Spacemen 3 my group binned the rest of the Friday off to go and see Dawn After Dark play Opera on the Green in Shepherd's Bush and then came back to the site ready for the Saturday and Sunday.