Bar Prices predictions 2022

Jimmyjam1

There's no way its going to be £8, i'd be surprised if its £7.50 too honestly. Bar price scaremongering!

6/6.5 or 6.5/7 i think. last year everywhere was 6/6.5 that I went to and inflation is not at the point where its going to be £8 pints.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Exactly.  Travelling down from Scotland, I've only ever taken spirits to Glastonbury and even then you have to hope they're OK in the hold luggage.

Surely just grab some in duty free after the flight and a 2L mixer bottle and your golden?

with my own mobile beer dispense*r i'm going to try and avoid the bars, should save a small fortune.

*thats beer i'm bringing, which will be an easy carry on my mobility scooter. 🙂 

3 hours ago, NickM45 said:

Rum and ginger beer, get the ice from the bar

Is the correct answer. I normally take a couple of limes with me as well so I can stick a wedge in, even invested in a bag of mint one year.  My hot debate for this year is whether I can feasibly take some bitters and a plastic pipette with me. Nothing makes a rum & ginger sing like a drop of bitters.

3 hours ago, Mardy said:

Ginger beer is hands down king of the mixers, goes with vodka, rum, whisky etc etc. Basically all you need. 

Is also the correct answer.

EDIT: having just thought about a plastic pipette to control dosage as I typed that post, the answer is clearly yes, I will be taking bitters.

Edited by Quark

• 4 weeks later...

Small can of Asahi at Camden Palace was £6.40 last weekend. They have had £70 million spent on the venue refurbishing it in the last few years, so i wasnt overly surprised. So if any bar at Glastonbury comes close to charging those kind of prices, they are taking the piss and the 'hippy vibe' is well and truly non existent. Just laugh and walk away!

Some of the prices quoted are worrying enough to ask 'how much is the Ice'  and 'can i get i small enough to fit inside my cans!' Look, we can only hope they don't take the p***. History and ethos suggests they won't. They still good enough to let us bring in our own (within reason) so lets assume we'll be OK and enjoy a great week

22 hours ago, lazyred said:

Most pints at Bearded Theory are 4.50 to 5.50. Double and mixer are 8. 00

Food seems pricier. Some options at 8.00 but most are 10.00 to 14.00 Cheapest one I've seen is a pie for 6.50

GFL stipulate that stalls have to offer a meal for £5 don’t they? Part of the application process to provide a menu which includes low cost simple meals. 

On 4/28/2022 at 4:55 PM, Quark said:

EDIT: having just thought about a plastic pipette to control dosage as I typed that post, the answer is clearly yes, I will be taking bitters.

I'm thinking those soy sauce fish thingies may be convenient for bitters. Project for the week end: see if they can be cleaned enough as not to taste like soy sauce.