Bar Prices predictions 2022

Jimmyjam1

£6.50 Pints at Ally Pally 🙄

1 hour ago, blutarsky said:

GFL stipulate that stalls have to offer a meal for £5 don’t they? Part of the application process to provide a menu which includes low cost simple meals. 

I was wondering if that "Meal for Fiver" is gonna adjust to £6 now, with rising costs.

If not I can imagine the £5 Portions are going to be pretty small... Just a feeling.

On 5/26/2022 at 8:49 PM, danssol said:

A can of bud poured into a cup was £5.95 at Wembley stadium last weekend. So much winning that day

It was £8 at the Fury fight for the same thing, which makes it all the more sickening if the prices are variable per event. £8 for a can of bud is daylight robbery in anyones eyes. Now finding out that they charge a different price for a different audience makes it worse. 

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

Was 6 pounds for a small can at wide awake this weekend. 8 pounds large wine though, which is normal London prices

The craft beer market had beers between 6.75-8.00 for pints.

Why were you paying £6 for a small can? 440ml cans of Red Stripe were £5.95, still a big rip off but only 20p more than last year, which isn't too bad considering lots of pubs have hiked their prices by a quid since 2020. I saw all the poncey 'craft beer' stalls selling pints for close to £7 and couldn't believe the absolute muppets queuing up to be shafted. 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

6.50 a pint and dearer in certain bars such as Avalon.  Also expect more contactless payments than ever.  Painless until you check your bank account on getting back home!

No chance i am going contactless . Budget each day and use the lock ups us the right answer. Yes its my holiday but i am looking at max £70 a day with money left over to come back with. 

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

6.50 a pint and dearer in certain bars such as Avalon.  Also expect more contactless payments than ever.  Painless until you check your bank account on getting back home!

1 hour ago, ghandi said:

No chance i am going contactless . Budget each day and use the lock ups us the right answer. Yes its my holiday but i am looking at max £70 a day with money left over to come back with. 

Tip: sign up for a free Revolut card you can add to your phone wallet and transfer your spending budget in to that.  You can track your spending easily in the app and add more if you want to. It literally takes 5 minutes to set one up.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, stuie said:

Tip: sign up for a free Revolut card you can add to your phone wallet and transfer your spending budget in to that.  You can track your spending easily in the app and add more if you want to. It literally takes 5 minutes to set one up.

This is my idea 💡

4 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I hope so, really don't like the idea of carrying loads of cash... I haven't even owned a conventional wallet for years, just a metal card holder with a cash strap good for about 6 - 10 notes... 🙈😂

4 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Loads more contactless payments were confirmed during training for Shelter. Every server will have their own PDQ rather than one or two per bar.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Cash is worse! Monzo and the other banks make it far easier to know exactly what you're spending each day and make budgets. Cash just disappears into a void and you never really know how much you've got left. 

45 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Loads more contactless payments were confirmed during training for Shelter. Every server will have their own PDQ rather than one or two per bar.

If everybody paid by contactless (and the signal is reliable, EE?) it would mean much faster queues. 

28 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Cash is worse! Monzo and the other banks make it far easier to know exactly what you're spending each day and make budgets. Cash just disappears into a void and you never really know how much you've got left. 

I use Monzo, on my watch, so I've always got a payment method connected to me, and I don't have to carry the cards themselves.

I can set daily spending budgets. Or even create virtual cards, linked to a specific 'pot' of money within the Monzo app that I set aside for one purpose, such as Glastonbury. These virtual cards can be added to my Apple Pay Wallet. I can then use the app to transfer money into and out of these pots as per budget. There's literally no way for anybody else to get hold of this money from me, without my biometrics or pin and phone or watch. And even if there were, it'd only be what I'd set aside for that day. 

I am a lot more confident when it comes to card security with Monzo than I am with physical cash or even physical contactless cards! If I lose my phone or watch, they're gonna need to work out my pin before I can cancel the virtual card. If I lose my card, they can happily tap away £100 a go until I realise and I cancel the card. If I lose cash there is no fix at all. 

Edited by Alvoram

1 hour ago, Alvoram said:

If everybody paid by contactless (and the signal is reliable, EE?) it would mean much faster queues. 

I use Monzo, on my watch, so I've always got a payment method connected to me, and I don't have to carry the cards themselves.

I can set daily spending budgets. Or even create virtual cards, linked to a specific 'pot' of money within the Monzo app that I set aside for one purpose, such as Glastonbury. These virtual cards can be added to my Apple Pay Wallet. I can then use the app to transfer money into and out of these pots as per budget. There's literally no way for anybody else to get hold of this money from me, without my biometrics or pin and phone or watch. And even if there were, it'd only be what I'd set aside for that day. 

I am a lot more confident when it comes to card security with Monzo than I am with physical cash or even physical contactless cards! If I lose my phone or watch, they're gonna need to work out my pin before I can cancel the virtual card. If I lose my card, they can happily tap away £100 a go until I realise and I cancel the card. If I lose cash there is no fix at all. 

Monzo premium I assume? Do you set up a different pot for each day? 

You can edit the contactless limit in Monzo to whatever you want below £100, so remove the risk of people going tap happy before you can freeze the card.

(although freezing a card is incredibly easy, had my wallet nicked at warehouse project once and 30s after noticing had my card frozen and reported stolen)

37 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Monzo premium I assume? Do you set up a different pot for each day? 

You can edit the contactless limit in Monzo to whatever you want below £100, so remove the risk of people going tap happy before you can freeze the card.

(although freezing a card is incredibly easy, had my wallet nicked at warehouse project once and 30s after noticing had my card frozen and reported stolen)

Yes, I use premium as I travel in Europe a lot and it includes worldwide family travel insurance as well as mobile phone insurance. 🙂 (It also has some other really nifty perks for travelling, but the value of premium is covered by the 2 insurance products alone.) 

Just one pot, but only transfer what I need to it for the day. On top of being an extra layer of security, It's also a good way of making sure you don't inadvertently spend too much. 

I love how you can 'freeze' a card without cancelling it, just in case I'm being an idiot and find it 10 minutes later (which wouldn't be surprising with me at all!) But my worry with physical cards would be actually noticing it gone quickly enough. Which brings me onto a question maybe some of you can help with...

I want to take a physical card, for obvious emergencies, but don't want to carry it on me. Which would you say is safest, storing it in a small bag in lockup, or as I'm in Sticklinch, hiding it in my car somewhere obscure? 

Like people have said, maybe worth setting up a Revolut/Hyperjar account for this sort of stuff. Makes it easier to track spending (i’ve got both, but prefer HJ for these tjings, as i can make a separate glasto jar or whatever)

On 4/13/2022 at 8:30 PM, Obiginnaw said:

didn't wanna start a whole new thread for this in case it's the same across the board for all of them, but what's the usual opening times each day for the bars? can't remember for the life of me ever waiting for them to open but know we started early each day

11 to 3am for all Avalon bars except Stonebridge which shuts at 5am 

3 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Just got back from beaded theory, load of issues with the wifi including it crashing for several hours on Saturday leading to having to withdraw cash. 

We haven't had any trouble with card payments on site, was it a particular area? Average pint price has been £5.50 for me this weekend (mainly Vocation and Thornbridge) so expecting £6/£6.50 at Glastonbury.

Edited by AmyShambles

14 hours ago, ceetee said:

£6.50 a pint at One Big Weekend apparently 

I can confirm this for a Goose Island IPA. However in relation to the massive expensive food prices it seemed decent value! I think food will be more of a cost issue than previous years….