Bar Prices predictions 2022

Jimmyjam1

On 4/8/2022 at 1:20 PM, Barneym said:

There are lots of pubs in London where it’s £7 a pint now, especially if you are on anything that considered craft, and I mean basic stuff like neck oil. I had a quick pint in spoons in Victoria yesterday (not my choice) and a San Mig in there was £5.35 and spoons are way cheaper than most pubs

The Spoons in Central and at the major rail terminals have always been closer to Central prices though. 

On 3/21/2022 at 5:14 AM, glasto-worker said:

sorry but because of the Covid gap I would not have a Clue but will have a better idea After Friday 10th June { Kenwood House } - first event they do.

but look at Cheltenham Festival

A pint of Guinness was £7  -  A pint of Carling was £6.90

## although I suspect they run a ' cashless bar ' ##

in a cash bar ' Carling would be £7 as its not worth the hassle at £6.90 '  take 3 pints - that would be either £20.70 or £21 and the time to sort out the change ' another Customer could be served '

In London I have seen £7+ for Lager this year 

but like every year ' You can never be certain until the price list is made up.'

porices.thumb.jpg.993341e52ea1b54ed1589e82679a958c.jpg

Just revisiting this post. I went to a gig at Cheltenham Racecourse on Friday night, Standard bar price for pint of Guinness was £5.50. Quite the price hike for a capacity captive audience at the races ...

2 hours ago, ClementsMike said:

Just revisiting this post. I went to a gig at Cheltenham Racecourse on Friday night, Standard bar price for pint of Guinness was £5.50. Quite the price hike for a capacity captive audience at the races ...

£5.50 at a gig is cheap if anything i'd say

3 hours ago, Reph4444 said:

Over £7 a pint at Aintree races, so am thinking a least £6 at this year's festivals

Can’t see it being anymore than £6. I pay £4 at my local for a pint of lager or cider, so an additional £3 would definitely make my reduce the amount I buy. Perhaps its time to start drinking warm cider cans in preparation.

You can bring as much of your own booze into Glasto and take it anywhere you like, so just because events that don’t allow that charge £7 for a pint, it doesn’t mean Glasto will, because if they charge too much it will be counter productive and people will just stick to their own booze, especially if it’s not a scorcher of a year. Every other event is a captive audience, Glastonbury isn’t. Charging more at glasto doesn’t automatically mean making more.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

1 hour ago, Obiginnaw said:

didn't wanna start a whole new thread for this in case it's the same across the board for all of them, but what's the usual opening times each day for the bars? can't remember for the life of me ever waiting for them to open but know we started early each day

11ish

22 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

You can bring as much of your own booze into Glasto and take it anywhere you like, so just because events that don’t allow that charge £7 for a pint, it doesn’t mean Glasto will, because if they charge too much it will be counter productive and people will just stick to their own booze, especially if it’s not a scorcher of a year. Every other event is a captive audience, Glastonbury isn’t. Charging more at glasto doesn’t automatically mean making more.

Good point mate. 

1 hour ago, Obiginnaw said:

didn't wanna start a whole new thread for this in case it's the same across the board for all of them, but what's the usual opening times each day for the bars? can't remember for the life of me ever waiting for them to open but know we started early each day

I know the bar at Block 9 shuts at 6am as I was out of it trying to buy 2 cans and the guy told me they were shut which I told him was ridiculous until he pointed out the time and that the sun had came up. Probably was fair enough and without a doubt a beer I didn’t need.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Barneym said:

I know the bar at Block 9 shuts at 6am as I was out of it trying to buy 2 cans and the guy told me they were shut which I told him was ridiculous until he pointed out the time and that the sun had came up. Probably was fair enough and without a doubt a beer I didn’t need.

Ha! That sounds like a messy night! 😁😵💫

I'd be amazed if it's less than £6 per pint. Our local pub (only a few miles from Pilton) is £4.20 for dishwater ale and £5.80 for Moretti. My last gig in Bristol was before Christmas, Staropramen was £7 per pint, so possibly even more after latest increases.

I'm hoping Ciderbus will be doing 4pints for £20, as that would work well for me.

Will be taking cans and/or brandy to the late night areas, last time it was just about a fiver for a 440ml can...

• 2 weeks later...