Bar Prices predictions 2022

Jimmyjam1

Anything under £6 just sounds so much better even if its £5.70 or £5.80

they can price to the 10p or even 5p if they want as surely most will be using contactless at the bars these days?

previously i expect they went for pints at either 50p or whole £ price points for cash handling ease

I will be annoyed if the likes of brothers or cider bus are anything over £6 as that would be excessive. I would like to think there will be some pints for £5.50

Edited by Memory Man

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

At bring your own unlimited booze anywhere festival nobody would buy a pint of 3.8% Carlsberg for £8, especially if it’s not a scorcher, you’d have to be clinically insane. 

Absolutely. Glastonbury whilst not cheap has always been less of a rip off than arenas and other more mainstream festival. I think £5 at the Cider Bus. £5.50 most bars. £6 for the premium stage bars. Something in that range is my best guess for the cooking lager and cider. 

11 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Absolutely. Glastonbury whilst not cheap has always been less of a rip off than arenas and other more mainstream festival. I think £5 at the Cider Bus. £5.50 most bars. £6 for the premium stage bars. Something in that range is my best guess for the cooking lager and cider. 

Yeah, I mean it’s not even so much the physical cost (although of course that’s a consideration) if a bar was selling cocktails with double measures for £8 then people would happily pay it, as it would be good value. But Carlsberg isn’t a beer I’d even drink for free outside of a festival environment as I drink beer for enjoyment and it’s not a nice tasting beer. I only drink them at Glastonbury because it’s nice to have a cold pint, but if they were £8 it’s simply not value for money at that price point. I’d happily drink my warm 800% cheaper beers I brought with me instead.

If you’re at a gig with no other options and you want a beer then you might pay £8 because supply and demand dictates you have no other alternative.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

1 hour ago, Enda Krabappel said:

Can’t see it being that much for a pint of Brothers or Carlsberg. Still reckon £6-6.50.

Agree. Why would anyone pay more than that for Carlsberg when there's the option of drinking your own. As others have said, it only gets drunk at all as it's cold. 

30 minutes ago, CH0161 said:

Anyone got some cocktail bar recommendations? Could do with a frozen daiquiri or mojito as a pick me up if the weather is nice... the warm cans of cider do get hard to drink first thing after a few days 😆

The one in T&C with the cage dancer on top is my go-to! Can't remember the prices on the farm but they were around £7/8 at Brighton Fringe a couple years back. Glasto Latino also do the best mojito on site in my opinion. 

35 minutes ago, CH0161 said:

Anyone got some cocktail bar recommendations? Could do with a frozen daiquiri or mojito as a pick me up if the weather is nice... the warm cans of cider do get hard to drink first thing after a few days 😆

Rum and ginger beer, get the ice from the bar

42 minutes ago, CH0161 said:

Make up some bloody marys and get ice from the bars. 

Leave the celery out though. Thats the devils business. 

3 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Agree. Why would anyone pay more than that for Carlsberg when there's the option of drinking your own. As others have said, it only gets drunk at all as it's cold. 

Don't forget those of us who take public transport - we can't bring that much in. That said, I hate Carlsberg enough I won't drink it so it forces me onto cider all day! Carlsberg Export is fine though, its just not on any of the main bars

10 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Make up some bloody marys and get ice from the bars. 

Leave the celery out though. Thats the devils business. 

Why have I never thought of making my own?! This could be lifechanging! And help my wallet. 

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Don't forget those of us who take public transport - we can't bring that much in. That said, I hate Carlsberg enough I won't drink it so it forces me onto cider all day! Carlsberg Export is fine though, its just not on any of the main bars

Yup, also on coaches so limited in what I can take. Fortunately I don't actually mind Carlsberg so can get by. With a healthy amount of cider of course! 

Just now, jonny2 said:

All this talk of UK pint prices has heavily made me doubt the amount I've saved for glasto...

I haven't updated the amount I take in years, and it really showed after 2019. I might need to think about that... 

41 minutes ago, oakdown said:

The one in T&C with the cage dancer on top is my go-to! Can't remember the prices on the farm but they were around £7/8 at Brighton Fringe a couple years back. Glasto Latino also do the best mojito on site in my opinion. 

+1 for the birdcage bar (and their other bar was in Glasto Latino last time, I assume it will be again).

For a cheaper alternative, I'd bring my own spirits and chuck them in a smoothie. And it's one of my 5 a day!

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

The weather really impacts what I spend at bars, I can’t remember why I actually had it to start with, but I bought £500 cash between me and my oh in 2016 and we barely touched it, too much hassle going to and from bars with all the mud, and not hot enough to crave a cold pint either.

Hadn't realised this was the case, but same here. Only bought a couple Cider Bus pints in 2016/17 but grabbed a fair few regular beers in 2019. Didn't help that I'd bought a box of red wine instead of cans that year. By Kylie on the Sunday it was rank 🤢