Bar Prices predictions 2022

Jimmyjam1

Does anywhere do full bottles of prosecco at glastonbury? or similar (not wine, but not super expensive!) - its my birthday on the 27th (monday) so I think i'm going to get one to celebrate!

I’ve just had a think, 200000 people on site, 365 possible birthdays, that’s about 500 a day, couple of thousand over the duration of a festival. Might open a stall selling cards and cake and balloons. 

5 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I’ve just had a think, 200000 people on site, 365 possible birthdays, that’s about 500 a day, couple of thousand over the duration of a festival. Might open a stall selling cards and cake and balloons. 

Thats quite a bit, i'd place it in the SE corner to bolster your balloon sales 😉 

9 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

My birthday is on 27th too! Hahaha

its a shame the celebration will be a few hours of partying and then a massive hangover on a 4 hour coach to London! It was meant to be the saturday in 2020 as well!

Is Glastonbury not considered to have lower prices compared to other festivals?

Always thought that was the case due to bars having to compete with the fact people could bring in as much booze as they wanted.

Different to the camp / arena setups other festivals have.

33 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

I'm still comfortable in thinking a 6quid pint at the Bimble Inn and other reputable (none horse piss selling) outlets will be in line with that. Metal mug and local ales FTW

Just so long as it's not scumble. You don't want to put that stuff into a metal mug...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mardy said:

The juggling tent in Cabaret Fields does a daily birthday party.

1 hour ago, carriecharl said:

Any ideas if they'll be selling the stainless steel pint cups on site this year? Haven't been since they brought them out so no idea how readily available they were in 2019

Someone posted in another group but basically yes but you have to go the the smaller bars to buy and use them, you can obviously just tip your pint from the main bars in which is what we do 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Barneym said:

If anyone can be bothered looking back it would be interesting to see a Download 2019 price list compared to Glastonbury that year

Had a quick look at the various reviews of the 2019 Download festival. They all mention it was between £5.50 - £6 for a pint.

Edited by Enda Krabappel

3 hours ago, gfa said:

Does anywhere do full bottles of prosecco at glastonbury? or similar (not wine, but not super expensive!) - its my birthday on the 27th (monday) so I think i'm going to get one to celebrate!

Avalon did

55 minutes ago, Enda Krabappel said:

Had a quick look at the various reviews of the 2019 Download festival. They all mention it was between £5.50 - £6 for a pint.

Looks to be £6.50/£7 at download this year

3 hours ago, Quark said:

Just so long as it's not scumble. You don't want to put that stuff into a metal mug...

You just double cup with a paper cup from cider bus. 

Be prepared. Like all good scout's

16 hours ago, howlin_pete said:

Stolen from Reddit- prices at Download Festival 

Screenshot_20220609-162128.png

The cheaper price for Barclaycard customers is disgraceful.

I do however think than the special Barclaycard price, is probably indicative of what we will be paying at Glastonbury, which obviously won't be charging rip off prices just because you have the wrong type of card.

£6 for a basic beer/cider, £6.50 for something a bit nicer.

31 minutes ago, Sku said:

The cheaper price for Barclaycard customers is disgraceful.

I do however think than the special Barclaycard price, is probably indicative of what we will be paying at Glastonbury, which obviously won't be charging rip off prices just because you have the wrong type of card.

£6 for a basic beer/cider, £6.50 for something a bit nicer.

Getting pissed up on a credit card isn't the most responsible thing to encourage is it!?