Bar Prices predictions 2022

Jimmyjam1

7 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

We normally pay £4.50 - £6.00 per pint... But it's an event, and they're traditionally a lot more... Seems Glastonbury is actually on the lower end for events, more like normal London prices. 

That's more like it, any suggestions of beers to keep an eye out for? I love a good NEIPA and sours are brilliant on a hot day.

2 minutes ago, Poorside.2 said:

Ah good stuff, they make some cracking beers and some not so cracking beer, the Paddy's day releases have been grim, Atalantean is a bloody great 1 though.

Yep, agreee. They need to stop with their novelty stuff.. shamrock shake etc.

Their core range - Atlantean, Ninth Wave, Roc Helles, Bran & Sceolan etc - are top notch.

2 minutes ago, Poorside.2 said:

That's more like it, any suggestions of beers to keep an eye out for? I love a good NEIPA and sours are brilliant on a hot day.

I haven't got a clue what to expect I'm afraid, it's my first time. I'm a Glasto virgin 😕 But I too am hoping there are some nice American crafts / IPAs. Also hoping their are some nice alcohol free crafts, but I doubt it. 

13 minutes ago, basquille said:

Yep, agreee. They need to stop with their novelty stuff.. shamrock shake etc.

Their core range - Atlantean, Ninth Wave, Roc Helles, Bran & Sceolan etc - are top notch.

Thought they'd knock the novelty stuff off when the head brewer got the bullet a couple of years ago. 

My local brewery, literally 200 metres from my front door, is Treaty City, Hells gate is a cracking summer beer and Harris is just the nuts but it plays havoc with the guts the day after a session of it. 

14 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

I haven't got a clue what to expect I'm afraid, it's my first time. I'm a Glasto virgin 😕 But I too am hoping there are some nice American crafts / IPAs. Also hoping their are some nice alcohol free crafts, but I doubt it. 

Fair enough, we'll pop our Glasto cherry together, just don't expect me to cuddle you. 

11 minutes ago, mufcok said:

£5.50 is decent, all things considered.

Is San Miguel this year's lager then? I'll take that all day..

bear in mind the crew bars have their own beer supplier arrangements, what they sell may not be what the main bars sell.

eg the 'running with sceptres' and 'wanna go to the sun' are both Lost and Grounded brewery beers (a few miles from me in Bristol) and they for sure aren't geared up to supply a 200000 person festival 🙂

14 hours ago, Quark said:

I've got a 70cl bottle of rum, reckon I might need two of those to have enough for the weekend so going to buy some more sushi tomorrow 

Yes I realized yesterday that the junk drawer has been too thoroughly managed and there was no soy sauce mini available. So Sushi on the menu here as well!

6 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

There is a carlsberg branded truck parked up near the JPT field. So I am assuming Carlsberg will be the mainstream lager on site.

I think that might be the event mobility truck 🤔

so far I've got

24 x Moth Espresso Martinis

12 x Moth Mageritas

12 x Moth Mojitos

1 x bottle of Dead Man's Fingers Rum

1 x bottle of vodka (generic)

Might hit Sainsbos this afternoon for another rum.

Bought a dozen Neck Oils/Gamma Rays but can't be fucked to carry them I think

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

so far I've got

24 x Moth Espresso Martinis

12 x Moth Mageritas

12 x Moth Mojitos

1 x bottle of Dead Man's Fingers Rum

1 x bottle of vodka (generic)

Might hit Sainsbos this afternoon for another rum.

Bought a dozen Neck Oils/Gamma Rays but can't be fucked to carry them I think

You only left two espresso martinis on the shelf for me, no sign of the margaritas in my local Tesco 😆 Will save them as a morning pick me up.