2023 legend slot

ProperTea

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Obviously not next year but in ten years or so, what if... Jarvis Cocker? Doing a Pulp heavy set obviously. Or hell even Pulp if somehow they decide to reform

I think a Pulp reunion might even be a headline slot, I think it would certainly test the festival's resolve if they became available. Would be a popular shout for many 

5 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Obviously not next year but in ten years or so, what if... Jarvis Cocker? Doing a Pulp heavy set obviously. Or hell even Pulp if somehow they decide to reform

I think Pulp will reform at some point despite Jarvis’s constantly shooting it down. I personally feel like every band on civil terms which still has a good few years in them will reform at some point. 

Edited by Matt42

23 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I thought there was a legitimate reason for Pulp not coming back though? Something to do with one of the core members being unable to perform anymore... might be thinking of another band though

Candida, the keyboardist, struggles with arthritis these days which is why they haven't been active for about a decade.

If they ever returned they're a headliner no question.

On 3/8/2022 at 12:49 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Duran Duran on West Holts is the actual booking we'd love to see.

On just after The Music

On 3/8/2022 at 8:27 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

I know he's struggling with health and stuff now, but what about Phil Collins?

If you aren't taking your top off to Sussudio then there's something wrong with you tbh

This would be ace.

On 3/8/2022 at 11:22 PM, incident said:

It's a straight up fact that the worst song ever is Barbie Girl by Aqua.

Closely followed by that new Fontaines DC one.

On the subject of Fontaines - pipe down. 

All I want for legend is Tina Turner... ONE LAST GIG. Would be the best legend slot ever. Can't think of anyone who'd come close that hasn't played the festival. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Seems he's pretty happy doing his own stuff honestly - would love to see Pulp reform eventually hopefully the keyboardist is up for it.

2 hours ago, Superscally said:

All I want for legend is Tina Turner... ONE LAST GIG. Would be the best legend slot ever. Can't think of anyone who'd come close that hasn't played the festival. 

That's the stuff my dreams are made of. 

I've been hoping for her since before my first Glastonbury when I watched Shirley B on the tele. 

Sadly, I think she's not in good shape. 

I'd love Barry Manilow and his touring has often loosely looped around festival season, so I'm a little surprised that he has firmly stuck to just doing arenas rather than any outdoor stuff. But, as we've talked about before, a lot of these legacy acts and their teams will only look at the cold hard figures and fees rather than *gestures around*.

25 minutes ago, Gwladboy said:

The legend slot deserves Yacht Rock.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you …Michael McDonald

I would adore this but don’t think he’s big enough for the slot.

be an incredible booking though; never really seems to play the UK?

11 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I think Blur would always be a pyramid headliner at any stage in the future.

I could see Damon doing a 'legends' set in the far future if its builded as 'with friends' couple of solo songs, couple of blur songs couple of Gorillaz songs. 

54 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

I would adore this but don’t think he’s big enough for the slot.

be an incredible booking though; never really seems to play the UK?

He'd be on a reasonable par with someone like Kenny Rogers , both in terms of songs known in the UK and of beard quality.

On 3/9/2022 at 10:48 AM, Wanderlei said:

The Pogues would be great, if Shane Magowan can still just about get onto the stage.

Yes! 

last time I saw them, which is probs 6-7 years ago, Shane only did a couple of songs at a time and then went offstage for a song for a rest/pint of gin. Thankfully they’re a flexible bunch with songs and singers and can handle that sort of thing quite easily. I’d ideally like them headlining the Avalon/Park (or a 1am at the Truth) but they’d want the pyramid, and I suspect it doesn’t pay the £££ they want to bother to reform - they’ve moaned about the glastonbury fees before 

• Upvote 1