The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

If their forecast for June is accurate (it’s not this far out), that’s a decent spell for the build.

People tend to forget that good weather for the build is also essential.

Its before my time, but I do believe 1997 was atrocious for the build and that's what led to most of the mud rather than the actual weather over the weekend of the festival.

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Definitely. The weather itself in 2016 wasn't that terrible but the build up was horrendous. 

Seeing  videos of rivers of water flowing underneath the ground which more resembled a water bed than a field still makes me shudder.

1 minute ago, BambooShanks said:

Definitely. The weather itself in 2016 wasn't that terrible but the build up was horrendous. 

Seeing  videos of rivers of water flowing underneath the ground which more resembled a water bed than a field still makes me shudder.

Yep.

One of my friends works in the 'industry' and was already on site sending us videos of the state of the site from Monday onwards....almost made me feel sick!

2016 rained one day I think the Saturday afternoon, but I can't recall much apart from that, sadly the damage was really done in the build up.

17 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Fucking worst time to be inside due to COVID. It’s starting to get glorious.

You'll have great immunity for the festival though, i've not had it since July and am terrified i'm going to end up getting it

16 minutes ago, BambooShanks said:

Reminds me off that vid where you see the water bubbling out of the ground. Think it was @Sawdusty surfer who posted it originally. 

1 hour ago, BambooShanks said:

This is spot on. The damage was done prior to the festival in 2016. The site was so waterlogged prior to everyone turning up it just simply could not recover once it had been churned. As others have said ironically it didn't actually rain that much during the festival itself, although the Friday or saturday showers scuppered any hopes of a recovery for good foot conditions on the Sunday. I'm as interested in the pre festival weather as the weather for the festival itself.

Edited by Hotchilidog

3 hours ago, Hotchilidog said:

This is spot on. The damage was done prior to the festival in 2016. The site was so waterlogged prior to everyone turning up it just simply could not recover once it had been churned. As others have said ironically it didn't actually rain that much during the festival itself, although the Friday or saturday showers scuppered any hopes of a recovery for good foot conditions on the Sunday. I'm as interested in the pre festival weather as the weather for the festival itself.

Yep if it's a shitshow while they are doing the build and on the Tuesday and Wednesday it can be hard to recover from. 

13 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Its before my time, but I do believe 1997 was atrocious for the build and that's what led to most of the mud rather than the actual weather over the weekend of the festival.

I sort of forget that there's another 100k workers/volunteers/food vendors etc that start arriving from the week before- they'll churn up any mud. 

Before you even start thinking about all the heavy equipment needed to install everything.