The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

2 hours ago, Pinhead said:

It kicked off again on the Sunday cos I remember the Oxfam catering tent up in Tom's Field having a river running through it whilst we were eating. Later I remember watching Aliens in there on a projector with water running over my wellies...

In 2005?

My mate has a club night in cambridge tonight and was meant to travel today but came last night - very glad i did. Seems not too bad but trains look fucked (wales all services cancelled entirely). Its saying do not travel but we have a mate who needs to come down from Norwich in the car which is all one A Road the entire way - anyone got any thoughts on whether he should? We’re thinking he could wait till a bit later maybe the evening

2 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Aye, bit of a non event here (Cheltenham) so far. A bit windy but I haven't seen any trampolines flying through the air yet! 😄

There will be places that get it worse/not as worse. over 1500 homes in Wales have lost power already and its still got 2-3 hours before it even starts to calm down on the west. 

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

No buses or trains, but still have to go into work. Guess nothing will stop these alcoholics from getting a pint.

Am quite excited for this storm though, hoping to go and frolic in it later. Only softies are scared of a bit of wind

Ffs get a grip or the elderly or vulnerable , those with medical needs … those whose businesses and livelihoods can get ruined 

Edited by crazyfool1

38 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Saw TFL had issued an alert & asked people to only travel if essential. That’s pretty unusual in London isn’t it?

Looks like the peak gusts are still coming through this morning - hope it’s not as bad as forecast. 

Its because the Met Office did one for london, south east etc so they have to relay the information on i guess

43 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Aye, bit of a non event here (Cheltenham) so far. A bit windy but I haven't seen any trampolines flying through the air yet! 😄

Ha ha, I spoke too soon - the trampoline in our communal garden has just literally taken off! Thankfully no kiddies playing on it at the time!

1 minute ago, Punksnotdead said:

Ha ha, I spoke too soon - the trampoline in our communal garden has just literally taken off! Thankfully no kiddies playing on it at the time!

Yeah it’s ramping up here too .. our home shopping drivers it was left to them to decide if they wanted to drive the vans today … they all went out … I hope that abdication of responsibility doesn’t bite them on the ass later … I certainly wouldn’t want to be driving one of those round in this