What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

Big few days for us….

- Took our tent to our friend, they are driving down the day before so will set it up for us

- Went up in the loft and got our bags down

- All toiletries in a pile 

- All camping bits such as torches in a pile

- Booze decanted 

- Festival trainers cleaned and ready to go

- Saw a man about a dog 

- Bought some new pillows 

Lots of things ticked off the list 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Sorted the pile out. Managed to take a lot out we won’t need or use.  I’m slightly concerned about the amount of clothes my wife is taking but decided to keep my mouth shut. 

Happy wife, happy life! Just nod and smile.

Arrrggghh FFS - took the car in for a service & MOT. Turns out the garage can't fix a fault with the tyre pressure monitoring system... and that's an automatic MOT fail. 😩 Frantically rang around main VW dealers, managed to get it booked in tomorrow - just bloody hope they can sort it. 

Entirely my own stupid fault for leaving it last minute, stress I really don't need! 

F**k F**K F**K this is really happening isn't it?

I need to properly start getting ready!!!

1 hour ago, jimmillen said:

Arrrggghh FFS - took the car in for a service & MOT. Turns out the garage can't fix a fault with the tyre pressure monitoring system... and that's an automatic MOT fail. 😩 Frantically rang around main VW dealers, managed to get it booked in tomorrow - just bloody hope they can sort it. 

Entirely my own stupid fault for leaving it last minute, stress I really don't need! 

You're not the only one that leaves things late, I found out last week that my tax ran out end of May, so I went to tax it only to be refused as the MOT had also ran out!!!

Thankfully my mate passed and serviced it yesterday, got lucky as it only needed a bulb for the daytime running lights (and he's just gonna do that when he gets chance.) So it's all freshly serviced and MOT'ed, thankfully, but I could have been in the same boat. Good luck. 

3 hours ago, The Dawg said:

Another one here trying to sort out my Clashfinder.  It's exciting stuff but how tough is it sorting out where you need to be! Experience tells me that there will be a lot of factors on the day that will determine that outcome.

If you know what I mean. 

So if it helps (probably not!) I've set my clashfinder colours like this:

1. Nailed on. Definitely there regardless of who else is doing what. Very few of those, Diana Ross, Pet Shop Boys, Skunk Anansie, Nova Twins.
  2. Preferred. What I know I want to see, but I could be open to suggestions if I'm really not feeling it or some friends have a better idea that's grabbed me.
  3. Go With The Flow. This makes up the bulk of my planner. It's stuff I'd quite happily see but would depend on mood, location and what other people are up to. Idea is that at any time I can look at my clashfinder itinerary and have options to choose from.
  4. Multiple Sets. Acts like Mik Artistik, Lekiddo, Land Of The Giants etc where I can catch them multiple times across the weekend depending on when and where.

Can mix and match those a bit as needed, but it's helping me draw a line between a plan and maintaining options. My ideal position is that at no point over the weekend will I be at a completely loose end with no idea of what to do. If I want to wander that's fine obviously, but at least I'll know what I could be doing.

Decided on my final packing list after a few days of putting things in and taking some out! Heading there as crew on Friday + going on a train and solo, so gotta be a minimal with things. 65l + 45l bag (wellies stuffed in the latter!). Wanted to bring my wee little cooking stove but alas, the space says no. 

I've only 9-10 pairs of socks; but I've a little collapsible bucket and hoping a quick laundry could be done :x.

Really stoked; first time to Glastonbury and have only been to day festivals.

I have also been trying to make some sense of clashfinder. Not entirely successfully. At this stage I might need some cancellations to help me make decisions. 

Got my final pre-Glastonbury gig tonight Beck . 

Painted my nails. Started putting toiletries/medications etc in a pile. 

Have everything I need for festival washed now. 

6 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Hot cross bun?!

Indeed! 

Think cinnamon, nutmeg, mixed spice and just a hint of fruit. Actually quite pleasant on its own, but with a splash of ginger (or Vanilla Coke! Thanks Beth 😁) it becomes a whole new beast. 🤤 Perfect early evening warmer. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, theciderviking said:

Indeed! 

Think cinnamon, nutmeg, mixed spice and just a hint of fruit. Actually quite pleasant on its own, but with a splash of ginger (or Vanilla Coke! Thanks Beth 😁) it becomes a whole new beast. 🤤 Perfect early evening warmer. 

Ooh, that sounds lovely. I was worried it would have soggy buns in it.

5 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Got my final pre-Glastonbury gig tonight Beck.

Also at Beck in Manchester tonight. Probably my last gig before Glastonbury, unless some cheap tickets for something come up on Twickets before then.

• Like 1