LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

5 minutes ago, Divein said:

How’s the World Cup of Crisps going? 

At least that’s a friendly post and not just randomly accusing people of misogyny. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sisco said:

So….

Map, Silver Hayes, Avalon, Acoustic, Williams Green, The Common, Kidz Field, Pangea and poss West Holts/The Park to come (sure there’s more)

Fingers crossed we start getting more and more over the coming weeks 

Poster week before last …. Webcam last week …. One a week from now ? 

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

So….

Map, Silver Hayes, Avalon, Acoustic, Williams Green, The Common, Kidz Field, Pangea and poss West Holts/The Park to come (sure there’s more)

Mid-April for the start of the area announcements I’d say.

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

Poster week before last …. Webcam last week …. One a week from now ? 

That would be absolutely lovely!

Oh yeah whilst you’re here…. Watched the new Disney moving Turning Red last night with my family (little one is T1 Diabetec) and there are 2 girls in the movie with diabetes! Amazing for her to see that in a Disney movie.  

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Mid-April for the start of the area announcements I’d say.

The thingy tells me I missed lots more.  I know in a normal year it’s about 2 weeks after the poster but…. This isn’t a normal year so hopefully a bit sooner

88F78BA8-512D-4679-906C-F98DDFA69063.png

Edited by sisco

3 minutes ago, sisco said:

That would be absolutely lovely!

Oh yeah whilst you’re here…. Watched the new Disney moving Turning Red last night with my family (little one is T1 Diabetec) and there are 2 girls in the movie with diabetes! Amazing for her to see that in a Disney movie.  

Yeah making it more “ normal “ is amazing … tech is advancing so should be a more positive and much easier future ….  Great stuff 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, sisco said:

So….

I think we’ll get something else or a few more names before the resale.  Hopefully nothing too amazing because people here need resale success! 

Up next for me is the Oxfam application day on Friday! 😬

32 minutes ago, stuie said:

At least that’s a friendly post and not just randomly accusing people of misogyny. 

If the OP can’t even be bothered to even listen or google a band before saying they shouldn’t be on the poster then anyone is free to draw their own conclusions. It’s not random when you want a female led band replaced on the poster with a male act. Like I say a simple Google may have made the OP think twice. 

it’s the 2nd time this has happened now so it needed mentioning. 

• Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Divein said:

If the OP can’t even be bothered to even listen or google a band before saying they shouldn’t be on the poster then anyone is free to draw their own conclusions. It’s not random when you want a female led band replaced on the poster with a male act. Like I say a simple Google may have made the OP think twice. 

Half the acts are female or have female members so it was about a 50/50 chance. He says he singled them out because they are the first name in the undercard plus 'the sniffers' is a gross name and invites people to react negatively towards it.

If your goal is to reduce sexism as much as possible, jumping to conclusions and assuming people are being sexist without sufficient evidence is counterintuitive. Any actual sexist who sees your post is more likely to double down in their beliefs than change their opinion  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I listened to a radio 5 interview with wet leg a few weeks ago and it was absolutely weird, incredible , funny and had the interviewer in knots of laughter. They sound really good, well worthy of being on the poster😊

I saw them supporting IDLES a few weeks back and they were brilliant. It was the first time I’d paid any attention to them apart from that Chaise Longue song on the radio!

1 hour ago, Divein said:

Something that wasn’t there really didn’t need mentioning but OK! 

2 hours ago, sisco said:

So….

I get more excited with some of these announcements than the big stages, usually more surprises, and less well known acts to explore...

2 hours ago, Divein said:

Jeez, who pissed in your cornflakes?

Stop digging for something that isn't there. It was a post about an unrecognised band, nothing misogynistic. OP has even since clarified and apologised (unnecessarily in my opinion - is was an understandable question which was quickly and amicably answered by describing the type of festival Glasto is)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sisco said:

So….

I don't think there has ever been a poster for WG before 2020 (after the fest was already dabbed down) but hopefully that means a poster is in the offing for this year.

On full line-up day it tends to be the first place I look after briefly examining the main stages for clashes.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I don't think there has ever been a poster for WG before 2020 (after the fest was already dabbed down) but hopefully that means a poster is in the offing for this year.

On full line-up day it tends to be the first place I look after briefly examining the main stages for clashes.

Always annoys me that WG is buried way, way down the list of stages. Makes comparing a pain the the arse.

2 hours ago, Divein said:

If you want to fight misogyny in the music industry this is not where you start. Admit you made a mistake rather then doubling down on an obscure, irrelevant theory.

1 hour ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Half the acts are female or have female members so it was about a 50/50 chance. He says he singled them out because they are the first name in the undercard plus 'the sniffers' is a gross name and invites people to react negatively towards it.

If your goal is to reduce sexism as much as possible, jumping to conclusions and assuming people are being sexist without sufficient evidence is counterintuitive. Any actual sexist who sees your post is more likely to double down in their beliefs than change their opinion  

Well said.