LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

23 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I would honestly say the 2022 lineup so far is the best festival lineup I’ve ever seen.

I know it’s not the same for everyone but it knocked me for six when I saw the announcement today. Like my heart actually couldn’t take it.

It’s like one of those sky high crazy predictions in the lead up to the festival come true. This will be a legacy year just you wait.

Like @nikkic, 2017 was my favourite. A really strong lineup with plenty of big surprises and my two favourite bands in Radiohead and The National, one of which came out of nowhere. Some of the acts you’re most excited for are ones I’m not fussed about but I’m glad it’s all worked out for you this year, it’s certainly made all your hype in the build-up worthwhile!

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I would honestly say the 2022 lineup so far is the best festival lineup I’ve ever seen.

I know it’s not the same for everyone but it knocked me for six when I saw the announcement today. Like my heart actually couldn’t take it.

It’s like one of those sky high crazy predictions in the lead up to the festival come true. This will be a legacy year just you wait.

Don't necessarily agree with you but your enthusiasm is infectious.

34 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not a complaint, but where are all the bands like The Snuts, The Lathums, Yard Act, Sports Team and so on?

Lurking behind the scenes waiting to clog up the Other Stage and John Peel in the next announcement. 

Pretty great that they’ve been left off the first poster though, if only because I’m sure their absence has riled up those same people who think the mid 00’s were the golden age of music. 

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Lurking behind the scenes waiting to clog up the Other Stage and John Peel in the next announcement. 

Pretty great that they’ve been left off the first poster though, if only because I’m sure their absence has riled up those same people who think the mid 00’s were the golden age of music. 

Okay. Let us pretend it wasn’t!

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Mibbe to bump up the gender balance?

Yeah I think the poster being evenly split has meant that those kinds of bands who used to appear prominently have been relegated to later announcements. I mean, anybody with any sense knows all that stuff is gonna be there anyway as it is every year. 

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That line up is so good it's actually unfair how many clashes there would be. Would consider legal action for the distress caused.

Guns n Roses being over an hour late on stage was a godsend as it meant my mates and I could go see The Streets in one of the tents before coming back to see Buckethead in all his glory.

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Did this lineup look as absolutely insane at the time or is it something that’s just aged incredibly well in hindsight? Truly a thing of beauty. 

It was one of my first festivals and I think at the time I just took it for granted that festivals just had everyone playing at them.

37 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

If you were at this you’d know…

C6D7C3B2-4844-4E2F-95F2-D9739809C338.webp

I might I’ve seen most of the bands I like there elsewhere and they actually repeated the strokes pulp top 2 at R&L which I saw. Thought pulp were ace but the strokes underwhelming.