LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

In past years, Silver Hayes has announced mid-April, followed by other individual areas every few days up until the end of May when the full line up with times comes out.

I imagine it’ll be the same as that this year, maybe slightly sooner as we’ve paid balances earlier.

Edited by Bradders

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

I guess it depends on if they want to wait until the schedule they used in 2019/17 and nothing comes up until mid April, or do they stick with this schedule, if so we'll probably see something in the first week of April. 

Emily said full lineup in May with stage times etc which usually comes around the 30th May. If we are working on an earlier calendar I still can’t see the drops beginning until mid April.

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

We have started getting snippets of info last few days , greenfields, resale update and the webcam return …. I like the way things keep ticking over … Pangea had some big names booked and leaked so I wonder if they might go earlier 

The problem is with everything coming earlier is the following year everyone (especially on here) demands it again and again and earlier and earlier.

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

We have started getting snippets of info last few days , greenfields, resale update and the webcam return …. I like the way things keep ticking over … Pangea had some big names booked and leaked so I wonder if they might go earlier 

That would be a big change, they are consistently one of the last to announce each year, even coming after the rest of the full line-up one year.

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Interested to see what they do with Pangea this year. 

They’ve had 3 years to think of the next steps!

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

They've been one of the last to announce since the area drops began in 2015 so can't see it changing now.

Not sure me blabbing on here quite constitutes a leak large enough to prompt them to announce 😂

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Interested to see what they do with Pangea this year. 

They’ve had 3 years to think of the next steps!

Yeah the 2019 edition was a bit lacklustre and didn’t have nearly the oomph of the spider so hoping they’ve put some work in to improving it and working out the kinks. Kind of sucked having a big wrecking ball be part of the wow factor and then not really be able to use it because they didn’t factor in the wind etc. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah the 2019 edition was a bit lacklustre and didn’t have nearly the oomph of the spider so hoping they’ve put some work in to improving it and working out the kinks. Kind of sucked having a big wrecking ball be part of the wow factor and then not really be able to use it because they didn’t factor in the wind etc. 

Must say, from what l saw of Pangea it was rather underwhelming compared to the Spider.  

Hopefully it will be better this year.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Yeah, I completely agree. I'm interested to see its evolution, if any. The wind may always be a factor in that valley...

Just now, gooner1990 said:

Must say, from what l saw of Pangea it was rather underwhelming compared to the Spider.  

Hopefully it will be better this year.

Year 1 of a 10 year project … it’s gonna be amazing and I’m pretty sure the hanging moon will be sorted 

A lot of these DJs get booked without a stage in mind and only give date availability. So places on stuff like Pangea etc only get firmed up a month or so before the festival.

Case in point many DJs have told me before they are playing but don’t know the stage.

I don't know if it's the weather but I've had a massive rush of festival excitement this morning.

1 week until coach resale

10 days until general resale

10 days until clocks go forward

3-4 weeks until area's start announcing and we possibly get a new map

4 weeks until the Easter bank hols & 4 day weekend

4 weeks or so until the Pyramid gets her frock on

Just over 6 weeks until we can say "Glastonbury is NEXT MONTH"

8 weeks until the fence will start to go up

10 weeks until we'll have the entire lineup and inevitable achey index finger from strolling through the endless list of amazingness

12 weeks until the weather thread will be the hottest thread on the forum, we're searching for any weather website which is showing us sun, @deebeedoobee is giving us much needed Mary's Gate updates & the highly important / scientific pilton rainfall info and @The Nal is telling us all we're completely f**ked.

13 weeks until it'll be NEXT WEEK

14 weeks and most of us will be waking up to the clanging of long drop doors or someone snoring in the tent next door!

Edited by JoeyT
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 11

Tell you what though on the Pangea front and the fact Calvin Harris is performing under his Love Regenerator alias there coupled with the fact he's performing as Calvin Harris at R1's big weekend it does have me thinking still that there is a potential he'll do so at Glastonbury as well.

12 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

especially on here

I'm not convinced that's top of their concerns, but you're right that every year people want news earlier and earlier so even if there are obvious special circumstances this year it would set a precedent that people would moan about.

8 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Tell you what though on the Pangea front and the fact Calvin Harris is performing under his Love Regenerator alias there coupled with the fact he's performing as Calvin Harris at R1's big weekend it does have me thinking still that there is a potential he'll do so at Glastonbury as well.

He’s a good shout for a missing other headliner if there is one.