LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

RIP The Friday Rock Slot (2015 - 2016)

Nothing to say they haven’t found a replacement for Aerosmith that’s not been announced yet, but yeah, most likely that it’s been dabbed down in favour of some more traditional Pyramid tat. 

9 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Just realised that PinkPantheress has dabbed down, guess we can hope she js still playing but is just in Silver Hayes or something so not on this lineup

Shit didn’t read your full post.

Thats odd - good spot. Thought she’d be prime poster material?

Edited by Matt42

10 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

But they weren't on the 2020 lineup either, so is it really a dab down? I reckon she'll still play anyway

She’s going to be given a slot in either silver hayes or another stage that will be stupidly overcrowded. I think they may move her to JP or she is already there but low down.

She’s someone id expect to be on the poster if she was playing though… weird.

Just now, Ddiamondd said:

PinkPantheress has an actual army of bookers and backers behind her. I’d be hugely surprised if they decide the country’s biggest fest is one to skip for the Sound of 2022 winner.

Low JP or a pointless Silver Hayes slot seems about right. Odd she didn’t make the poster, agreed.

Really hope for low JP because silver hayes will be too overcrowded.

Just now, Matt42 said:

Looking at the list there’s actually a surprising amount of 2020 that dabbed down. Do you think they just booked afresh for this year and kept in touch with a few that were desperate to come back?

Eh? There's a large amount of crossover. The dab down % is just natural ebb and flow.

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

She’s going to be given a slot in either silver hayes or another stage that will be stupidly overcrowded. I think they may move her to JP or she is already there but low down.

She’s someone id expect to be on the poster if she was playing though… weird.

Yeah, at other festivals  - like Roskilde and Primavera - she's on the midline (?) so quite surprising to not see her on the poster actually. Although just goes to show you how strong the lineup is, that they've got some outright headliners playing, and midline acts at other festivals not even on the first poster.

I'd quite like to see Ashnikko added - any chance of that? I've heard great things about her live shows and people keep telling me to see her.

14 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Looking at the list there’s actually a surprising amount of 2020 that dabbed down. Do you think they just booked afresh for this year and kept in touch with a few that were desperate to come back?

Tones and I will be the most desperate to come back and she has been stricken from the lineup permanently so no I don't think so.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Tones and I will be the most desperate to come back and she has been stricken from the lineup permanently so no I don't think so.

I suspect a lot of the 2020 stuff is still there but they’ve just tweeaked the poster to make it look a bit more contemporary.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I suspect a lot of the 2020 stuff is still there but they’ve just tweeaked the poster to make it look a bit more contemporary.

Yeah there’s plenty of acts from the 2020 poster who will play lower down on their stages that I’m still expecting. It makes sense to drop acts like Black Uhuru, Happy Mondays, The Big Moon etc from the poster in favour of some new acts to keep things fresh.

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah there’s plenty of acts from the 2020 poster who will play lower down on their stages that I’m still expecting. It makes sense to drop acts like Black Uhuru, Happy Mondays, The Big Moon etc from the poster in favour of some new acts to keep things fresh.

Do you think Tones and I will be there?

15 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Is Glastonbury Olivia Rodrigo's first festival slot? 

What a crazy first festival slot, i'd be pretty overwhelmed honestly

Has the pyramid been anyone else's first festival in recent years? Billie Eillish maybe?

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not a complaint, but where are all the bands like The Snuts, The Lathums, Yard Act, Sports Team and so on?

Sports Team self confirmed

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

If you were at this you’d know…

C6D7C3B2-4844-4E2F-95F2-D9739809C338.webp

image.png.61fae0ba86df3fa520c35d38838d757f.png

This must be up there for one of the most stacked posters ever. Beyonce added later and Strokes subbing the 2nd stage the same year they headlined Reading.

---

How big is the John Peel tent by the way? Similar to say the old R1 tent at Reading?

14 minutes ago, gfa said:

What a crazy first festival slot, i'd be pretty overwhelmed honestly

Has the pyramid been anyone else's first festival in recent years? Billie Eillish maybe?

Might be her second festival ever, not sure if she's played any more than this but she's definitely performed at iHeartRadio Festival in Vegas

• Thanks 1