LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

Just now, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

No changes. Randomly changed the colours of some of them for no reason. Weird festival.

Still no and its Band.

I must admit my immediate thought when I saw a new one was that were sneakily removing someone. Like they did with the Weeknd in 2013.

8 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Having to have Amyl and the sniffers first annoys me. Should amuse me but why is someone like that on the poster when there will be much bigger names announced at some point (fat boy slim for starters/ glade headliners/ big DJs/ bigger Avalon acts). There is some utter random shite on there.

It's alphabetical.

Amyl and the Sniffers are pretty big in the current punk scene. You might not care for punk but others do

I count 5 DJ's and only two punk acts on the poster

20 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Having to have Amyl and the sniffers first annoys me. Should amuse me but why is someone like that on the poster when there will be much bigger names announced at some point (fat boy slim for starters/ glade headliners/ big DJs/ bigger Avalon acts). There is some utter random shite on there.

I know, absolute bastards giving some slightly smaller acts a helping hand by promoting them on the first poster. 

29 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

They're fucking brilliant. 

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

Fair enough. Guess nice to give them a leg up. 

More of a genuine question than a diss. I still haven't checked out the unknowns so my bad. 🙂

If the question is genuine then it's the festival's opportunity to announce its edition to the world. Should be a mix of new and established acts across a bunch of different genres that would cause the most excitement and retain the festival's status as a contemporary cultural mecca.

Amyl and the Sniffers are on there because they're a new Aussie pub rock band who have found themselves making their name and playing good-sized venues worldwide. And they're first because of the alphabet, as has been mentioned.

Not being funny but Fatboy Slim's appearance at the festival is a given anyway, and unless he's doing something out of the ordinary then publishing that he's playing would be a waste of letters on the festival's first statement. Arguably same with Glade headliners who play on a three-year rotation as well. Saying that, I don't think anyone uninterested would be annoyed by Layo and Bushwacka being on the first poster.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Divein said:

Not another female led band being called out for not being deserving of their place on the poster. 

More blokes playing smaller stages need to be promoted instead of females playing the main stages imo.

To be fair, he didn’t know who amyl and the sniffers were so I don’t think he was calling them out because they have a female lead. 

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

To be fair, he didn’t know who amyl and the sniffers were so I don’t think he was calling them out because they have a female lead. 

Definitely not!!!! Are they female? Had no idea. That's the last thing I meant. Ok. Im deleting the post. I was a bit hangover and I've admitted I made a mistake twice. Im not sure what else I can do. Thanks everyone for correcting me but we move on?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Lets understand that alphabetical order solves a much bugger issue, billing artists. Glasto prob wouldve had to take longer on the poster if they did that from the get go. Agents fight tooth and nail for that and this at least saves them from having to do that til May. And extra 2 months is a blessing.

1 hour ago, Divein said:

Not another female led band being called out for not being deserving of their place on the poster. 

More blokes playing smaller stages need to be promoted instead of females playing the main stages imo.

This forum is obsessed with making weird posts like this.

• Like 2