LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

25 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Sent me insane. I’ve never actually had a reaction to a glasto lineup like that before. I didn’t know what to do with myself for hours.

It knocked my group out. We were in shock how good it is. I actually pinched myself a few times to see if I was dreaming.

Everyone on the touring circuit this year I want to see is playing. Anyone who isn’t playing I’m seeing somewhere else.

Literally incredible. They’ve pulled a corker.

same here i was in efests frenzy for a good 2 hours before getting on with my day. friends didn't seem too ecstatic but they already paid haha

41 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Sent me insane. I’ve never actually had a reaction to a glasto lineup like that before. I didn’t know what to do with myself for hours.

It knocked my group out. We were in shock how good it is. I actually pinched myself a few times to see if I was dreaming.

Everyone on the touring circuit this year I want to see is playing. Anyone who isn’t playing I’m seeing somewhere else.

i'm exactly the same, i was never tooooo fussed if this poster was poor, as i look forward to silver hayes and the naughty corner more. but i let out an audible  "fuck me" upon reading it, then again re-reading it. some class names

i am also now fully converted to doja cat. phenomenal booking

49 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

As much as I chuckle at / jibe / prod and generally despair of your absolute cast iron certainty over absolutely everything Matt, genuinely happy you're this excited about it. I like excitement in other people, just can't seem to get the hang of it myself.

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

As much as I chuckle at / jibe / prod and generally despair of your absolute cast iron certainty over absolutely everything Matt, genuinely happy you're this excited about it. I like excitement in other people, just can't seem to get the hang of it myself.

Words can’t express how much of a slam dunk billie, Olivia, Doja, Megan, Kacey, Jessie ware etc in the same year is for my group. Absolute slam dunk.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Words can’t express how much of a slam dunk billie, Olivia, Doja, Megan, Kacey, Jessie ware etc in the same year is for my group. Absolute slam dunk.

Along with Lorde, Roisin Murphy, Caroline Polachek, Charli XCX, Clairo etc Popheads are absolutely eating up this year. 

Just now, nikkic said:

Thought it was ace tbh. 

Kylie, Janet, Lauryn Hill and Miley were all top tier bookings. 

There's good stuff there and personally it was one of my favourite years - but comparatively speaking it seems like slim pickings compared to what they dropped on our heads this morning.

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Stormzy, The Cure, Kylie, Miley Cyrus, Chems, Lauryn Hill, Janelle Monáe, Sigrid, Wu-Tang, Hot Chip, Jon Hopkins, The Streets, Lizzo, IDLES, Rosalía, Little Simz, Loyle Carner, The Comet Is Coming, Interpol, Sharon Van Etten, Sons of Kemet, Low, Slowthai.

Good lineup!

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

There's good stuff there and personally it was one of my favourite years - but comparatively speaking it seems like slim pickings compared to what they dropped on our heads this morning.

Looking back at past line ups and comparing them to today's, when excitement is at fever pitch, can probably sway your thinking.

I'd say I'm in the same boat as last time around I reckon, 3-4 must sees and 20-25 acts I'm really happy about. 

All subjective of course!

Who is on your must see list this time? 

The ‘19 lineup was good but this years (and ‘20’s) completely eclipse it for me personally. Everything is just… better, from the headliners all the way down. Even the stuff I’ve no real interest in doesn’t really offend me or make me think ‘Christ’ which there were a couple of on the ‘19 poster. It’s all good shit. 

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I'd agree - I'm in two WhatsApp groups with friends who I'm going with, 12 in one 19 in the other, and there's not been a single complaint. Everyone in those groups has been at least once (some 6, some 12!), but every single time we'd have complaints and comments. Not this time. Fucking brilliant line up and I seriously wasn't expecting it. Looked at it 20 times and weirdly only just spotted Sigrid and Metronomy. Madness. 

I would honestly say the 2022 lineup so far is the best festival lineup I’ve ever seen.

I know it’s not the same for everyone but it knocked me for six when I saw the announcement today. Like my heart actually couldn’t take it.

It’s like one of those sky high crazy predictions in the lead up to the festival come true. This will be a legacy year just you wait.

Edited by Matt42
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I would honestly say the 2022 lineup so far is the best festival lineup I’ve ever seen.

I know it’s not the same for everyone but it knocked me for six when I saw the announcement today. Like my heart actually couldn’t take it.

It’s like one of those sky high crazy predictions in the lead up to the festival come true. This will be a legacy year just you wait.

You're feeling what I felt when the 2017 poster dropped. 

Don't get me wrong this year is immense, but 2017 is still the GOAT poster drop for me.

10 minutes ago, nikkic said:

You're feeling what I felt when the 2017 poster dropped. 

Don't get me wrong this year is immense, but 2017 is still the GOAT poster drop for me.

2017 was really good and of course they wanted to make it a showstopper before a fallow year.

Was comparing this to 2020 and yeah, my gf is on it with it feeling a little less british despite it being pretty even on the split of previous posters. Its just who was replaced by whom that makes the difference. They traded off  the Aj Traceys, Editors, Manics for  the Megan, Doja and Olivias. I assured her that when the full stage splits come that itll have what she was looking for moreso. 

My mates who i am in the ticket buying group go to a lot of gigs so its really not about the main poster, the other stuff  thats coming is the real adventure.