LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

6 minutes ago, incident said:

Smaller.

Same tent but in a 4 pole configuration instead of 6.

Cheers - its the biggest tent on site right?

Edited by gfa

16 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Sent me insane. I’ve never actually had a reaction to a glasto lineup like that before. I didn’t know what to do with myself for hours.

It knocked my group out. We were in shock how good it is. I actually pinched myself a few times to see if I was dreaming.

Everyone on the touring circuit this year I want to see is playing. Anyone who isn’t playing I’m seeing somewhere else.

Literally incredible. They’ve pulled a corker.

Give to hyperbole much? I’m excited too tbf, and don’t have a ticket yet 

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

If you were at this you’d know…

C6D7C3B2-4844-4E2F-95F2-D9739809C338.webp

God level 

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah I think early afternoon JP could still happen. Goodness knows who’ll be there to see it but I’m still expecting it.

Dab Monkey

Yeah I can’t imagine what a crowd for a 2019 one-hit wonder would be like at the festival with the greatest selection on Earth. I might go along to document it.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Dab Monkey

Yeah I can’t imagine what a crowd for a 2019 one-hit wonder would be like at the festival with the greatest selection on Earth. I might go along to document it.

Similar scenes to Jake Bugg headlining there on the Sunday night in 2016. 

20 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Why is Jerry Sadowitz listed as Gerry Sadowitz?

Poor proof reading.

Or to expand on that a bit - in early 95 it's unlikely many if any of the people putting together the poster even had any form of Internet access (and if they did, it wouldn't have been all that much use to them as nobody else did). So they wouldn't have got a list of names by E-Mail, and couldn't Google anything to double check.

My guess is that the names were dictated over the phone from the Mean Fiddler office to whoever was doing the poster design, and the people who did know the correct spelling either didn't check the poster, or didn't notice the error.

On a more personal note: I've got this friend and one of the very first times we ever met, we were talking about Glasto and the lineup. I haven't seen her in over two and a half years due to living far away from eachother and the pandemic etc, but tonight we're finally meeting again for a drink. So the poster came at the perfect time for our reunion, it's quite nice tbh

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

On a more personal note: I've got this friend and one of the very first times we ever met, we were talking about Glasto and the lineup. I haven't seen her in over two and a half years due to living far away from eachother and the pandemic etc, but tonight we're finally meeting again for a drink. So the poster came at the perfect time for our reunion, it's quite nice tbh

I hope for her sake she doesn't bring up Yard Act.

• Upvote 1

Please forgive my absolute laziness in asking this question but roughly what percentage of Pyramid/Other/John Peel do we think is complete with that poster? 

I seem to recall West Holts & The Park having their own announcements, so would assume the majority of the former three stages are filled with this first set?

2 minutes ago, mttJ said:

Please forgive my absolute laziness in asking this question but roughly what percentage of Pyramid/Other/John Peel do we think is complete with that poster? 

I seem to recall West Holts & The Park having their own announcements, so would assume the majority of the former three stages are filled with this first set?

They have their own announcements but will feature a lot of those names.

We've had 89 announced. Probably around 80 of whom are going to be on the main 5 stages. The main 5 stages usually have about 130 names I think. So that's around 50 to go - or, percentage-wise - the main stages could be around 62% complete.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

They have their own announcements but will feature a lot of those names.

We've had 89 announced. Probably around 80 of whom are going to be on the main 5 stages. The main 5 stages usually have about 130 names I think. So that's around 50 to go - or, percentage-wise - the main stages could be around 62% complete.

Lovely stuff, cheers dental.