LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

26 minutes ago, CurlyPutz said:

Still can't quiet believe it's actually happening after the last few years of utter shite. 

Take my money, I can't afford it but can't afford to miss another year. 😁

Same, I was thinking about this last night.

It might be 4 months or so off, but I already feel so underprepared... because I'm so out of practice

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

A social media post at 9am today to let everyone know that the balance window is now open will set a few hearts racing when notifications hit peoples phones.

Also, why is my heart suddenly filled with dread that within said post they will also say something along the lines of:

"we can't wait to share what we have in store for you all later this month"

Prompting an efests meltdown at what "later this month" actually means...

Oh please no 😄 

I don’t know why but “later this month”, to me, would mean at least 2 weeks into the month. No idea why.

3 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

It’s just as likely to be today as any other day, there is no rhyme or reason to it now other than sometime in March.

I just don’t think they’ll announce on the same day as Latitude and I’m still expecting them to post a picture from 2019 to continue what they’ve been doing on Instagram before dropping the lineup.

So now I saw IG post today, lineup Thu/Fri!

I don’t think Glastonbury would release the lineup and the same time as another festival, but I really don’t get the issue with the same day. If the poster came out at 6pm that’s plenty of time for the Latitude lineup to get airtime. Ultimately the only issue is if you have a ticket to Glastonbury and you’re in two minds about that or Latitude, but that’s a pretty small overlap and if you’ve paid your Glastonbury balance and change your mind you still can anyway. If you don’t have a Glastonbury ticket then the Glastonbury lineup is largely irrelevant to the Latitude one, bar a slim hope in the resale.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

21 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I don’t think Glastonbury would release the lineup and the same time as another festival, but I really don’t get the issue with the same day. If the poster came out at 6pm that’s plenty of time for the Latitude lineup to get airtime. Ultimately the only issue is if you have a ticket to Glastonbury and you’re in two minds about that or Latitude, but that’s a pretty small overlap and if you’ve paid your Glastonbury balance and change your mind you still can anyway. If you don’t have a Glastonbury ticket then the Glastonbury lineup is largely irrelevant to the Latitude one, bar a slim hope in the resale.

I think you're right, particularly with Melvin being back on board they aren't going to take away any shine from Latitude, it's just been on 6 Music that their line-up was out and mentioned a few of the acts, they would probably be a side note at best if Glastonbury was also out this morning, but by later today they'll have had their moment.