2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

that gif (which is one of my very favourites) is him grooving to some Rihanna, no?

i can definitely see him giving it to the lass. Sign her up on a lucrative, late-career short contract, and hope for more Djorkaeff style and less Mario Jardel from her 

53 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

They played the 6 music festival a few years back & I can't imagine they were paid a fortune for that?

I can assure you, the source i have is as good as it gets.  That’s the reason they’ve turned it down before, would they again? I dunno.

@eFestivalsknows my source as I told him when they were headlining IOW

8 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

that gif (which is one of my very favourites) is him grooving to some Rihanna, no?

i can definitely see him giving it to the lass. Sign her up on a lucrative, late-career short contract, and hope for more Djorkaeff style and less Mario Jardel from her 

The Kevin Nolans would be a shoo in.

What about a ‘Foo Fighters & Friends’ set on the Saturday? Steve Tyler will be there, swear he has guest appeared with them before, McCartney, led zep, queen, josh homme? Basically an adaptation of the Chris Martin super group

Edited by rascalpete

10 hours ago, sisco said:

Depeche Mode do it for the money, a couple of them really don’t like each other.  Oh and they have been asked and the answer I was told was…. They don’t pay enough 

So you pretty much want to say that Dave and Martin dont like each other and its just for the money now between them and Fletch just hangs around cause he gets paid.

1 hour ago, rascalpete said:

What about a ‘Foo Fighters & Friends’ set on the Saturday? Steve Tyler will be there, swear he has guest appeared with them before, McCartney, led zep, queen, josh homme? Basically an adaptation of the Chris Martin super group

Will it be broadcast live from Manchester?

Might be diverging topic wise here but do you think Foo Fighters will headline again one day? I think 2017 is too soon but they seemed to like the place when they played it and this will be reinforced with a secret set.

If they played a stormer of a secret set which gets good reception could they be an option for like 2023/2024? I am struggling to think of other big bands that could be in glasto’s pipeline if they need safe options.

Radiohead and Arctic Monkeys are the two obvious ones as they’ve got new material coming soon. Just wondering if they would give the Foos another shot in a few years time.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Might be diverging topic wise here but do you think Foo Fighters will headline again one day? I think 2017 is too soon but they seemed to like the place when they played it and this will be reinforced with a secret set.

If they played a stormer of a secret set which gets good reception could they be an option for like 2023/2024? I am struggling to think of other big bands that could be in glasto’s pipeline if they need safe options.

Radiohead and Arctic Monkeys are the two obvious ones as they’ve got new material coming soon. Just wondering if they would give the Foos another shot in a few years time.

Yeah I reckon so. It took a long time for them to get there but I can’t see why they wouldn’t be rebooked again somewhere down the road, although I don’t think it’ll be as soon as 23/24. They’ll remain a mainstay at Reading/Leeds and then one year when they happen to be touring and have already done Reading and stadiums recently they’ll end up at Glastonbury again. 

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

They’ll always be a decent and easy option to have back, but not for a few years yet I’d wager. Maybe towards the later end of the decade.

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I reckon so. It took a long time for them to get there but I can’t see why they wouldn’t be rebooked again somewhere down the road, although I don’t think it’ll be as soon as 23/24. They’ll remain a mainstay at Reading/Leeds and then one year when they happen to be touring and have already done Reading and stadiums recently they’ll end up at Glastonbury again. 

I do get that but their appearances at reading and Leeds are getting fewer and far between. I got this sense from Dave during his glasto set that he was thinking why the f have we not played this festival already? It may have usurped reading as his favourite UK festival. 

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

They’ll always be a decent and easy option to have back, but not for a few years yet I’d wager. Maybe towards the later end of the decade.

Yes I agree because Radiohead are the next back pocket band to headline ❤️

(I hope back pocket band doesn’t come off as an insult, not at all. But a big touring band that wouldn’t need much convincing to do Glasto again).

(after Arctics)

Edited by Matt42

Of course they'll be back to headline.

Next year would obviously be a travesty with one festival since - and I think their tour dates make them fairly unlikely even for a secret set - but the band went the extra mile to announce themselves in 2017. Clearly means a lot and they've shown a willingness to forego their huge fees to play now.

3 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

i did hear a rumor they were on the set list for the now cancelled equinox event , so there is more than a strong maybe , especially with the tour dates they have released .

Can't see them back next year. Would just be the same set as last time just with a couple of underwhelming singles from the last underwhelming album added in.

Just now, Big durbs said:

i did hear a rumor they were on the set list for the now cancelled equinox event , so there is more than a strong maybe , especially with the tour dates they have released .

I think they are touring the US when Equinox woulda been, depending on the exact date that woulda been.

Their tour dates around Glastonbury would mean doing four or three dates in a row in three different locations. Not impossible but I think it’s improbable, and that they’re just doing that weekend because it’s a good weekend to do stadium gigs (see Green Day, Guns N’ Roses) rather than because they want to play the festival.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Can't see them back next year. Would just be the same set as last time just with a couple of underwhelming singles from the last underwhelming album added in.

They’ve got enough songs to play a substantially different setlist second time around. They obviously wouldn’t do that though so I agree. 2025 would be the tenth anniversary of their original booking, that sounds fine. 

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

Yeah, what was it about the set that specifically was a letdown? That's the accepted take — but he was really good at the O2 only a few months prior, and was electric at Coachella.

Did he just run out of steam by August?

Just seemed a bit phoned in from what I heard. Doesn’t he have a bit of a reputation for playing 1 hour sets too?