2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

28 minutes ago, incident said:

To be fair, the Pyramid, Other, and JP are all booked centrally with I believe Nick leading the charge so it could well be the same people involved. It's not like she was on say West Holts which does have it's own booker.

Yeah but she was booked for a daytime JP slot initially. It’s not like there would have been many more intensive discussions than “do you wanna play? This is the fee”. It’s not like the negotiations for a headline slot that can go on for months.

17 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Couldnt that also be the case with Elton? Seems like the tour would have been rebooked around Glasto if he is playing which would mean he has already been signed up for a while...

And I'm not sure we can say confidently that they are chasing the 2020 set first. In fact I'd say that looks fairly unlikely, with other euro festivals dropping Taylor & Kendrick off their bills and rumours that they are both not touring next year. I wouldnt be surprised if the Elton set had been agreed a fair while ago for 21/22 as a big finale to this goodbye tour, and it happens that COVID has caused the tour to slip to fall around the Glasto set instead.

My suspicion is that the festival have already known for a long time whether Kendrick and Taylor are planning to be active next year and have already planned accordingly.

They may be prepared to wait for Macca given his propensity for not booking too long term. They know they could easily draft in someone like Coldplay or Arctic Monkeys without too many issues.

23 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

My suspicion is that the festival have already known for a long time whether Kendrick and Taylor are planning to be active next year and have already planned accordingly.

They may be prepared to wait for Macca given his propensity for not booking too long term. They know they could easily draft in someone like Coldplay or Arctic Monkeys without too many issues.

I’m still holding out all hope for Billie, Macca, Taylor - with Billie stepping in for Kendrick. Taylor to announce dates when Red releases. The Sheffield AM dates seem to be for 2023 so maybe 2022 is too early for them and the album is a bit further away than we think it is.

I thought Elton’s 2020 dates were supposed to be his last ever tour and it didn’t include Glastonbury? This is just his final ever 2020 dates being rolled over to a point where they can happen? As usual it being a coincidence that he is around in June.

It may be a dry rumour but we have heard something about Taylor and Macca being around, with something explicit that Kendrick isn’t and Billie being booked for the day he was meant to play.

Those Sheffield dates aren't necessarily Arctic Monkeys dates, although you wouldn't rule them out making an appearance https://oltnews.com/arctic-monkeys-concert-promoter-billie-eilish-and-stormzy-got-clearance-for-new-sheffield-music-festival-the-star

Anyway, I hope we get QOTSA Friday Other, AM Saturday, EJ Sunday.

8 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Couldnt that also be the case with Elton? Seems like the tour would have been rebooked around Glasto if he is playing which would mean he has already been signed up for a while...

And I'm not sure we can say confidently that they are chasing the 2020 set first. In fact I'd say that looks fairly unlikely, with other euro festivals dropping Taylor & Kendrick off their bills and rumours that they are both not touring next year. I wouldnt be surprised if the Elton set had been agreed a fair while ago for 21/22 as a big finale to this goodbye tour, and it happens that COVID has caused the tour to slip to fall around the Glasto set instead.

What festivals have dropped Kendrick that he was originally slated for?

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Is BST fully announced for next year? I think that’ll be the killer for Kendrick. Wouldn’t expect him to come over just for Glastonbury without a lucrative BST date lined up too.

It isn’t - news has been rather silent actually about who is doing it.

1 minute ago, Chapple12345 said:

Yeah there were only ever 3 days announced for this year's event so there are still 3 days to fill up, no rumours yet it seems 

I know of one rumour due to something patchy someone said to me in a pub a few weekends ago but I don’t think it’s very interesting nor big news for this forum. Someone said to me they heard Sheeran was doing one. But I’m doubtful as it’s a pretty big drop from Wembley to BST?

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I know of one rumour due to something patchy someone said to me in a pub a few weekends ago but I don’t think it’s very interesting nor big news for this forum. Someone said to me they heard Sheeran was doing one. But I’m doubtful as it’s a pretty big drop from Wembley to BST?

BST is 65k capacity, Wembley is about 85k for gigs. So not a huge drop.

Sheeran did multiple nights at Wembley but has never played Hyde Park so might fancy crossing it off.

23 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

BST is 65k capacity, Wembley is about 85k for gigs. So not a huge drop.

Sheeran did multiple nights at Wembley but has never played Hyde Park so might fancy crossing it off.

It could be a situation as well where there is low venue availability and even the big artists need to be a bit flexible for 2022.

10 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I’m still holding out all hope for Billie, Macca, Taylor - with Billie stepping in for Kendrick. Taylor to announce dates when Red releases. The Sheffield AM dates seem to be for 2023 so maybe 2022 is too early for them and the album is a bit further away than we think it is.

I thought Elton’s 2020 dates were supposed to be his last ever tour and it didn’t include Glastonbury? This is just his final ever 2020 dates being rolled over to a point where they can happen? As usual it being a coincidence that he is around in June.

It may be a dry rumour but we have heard something about Taylor and Macca being around, with something explicit that Kendrick isn’t and Billie being booked for the day he was meant to play.

Sure you can hold hope for Taylor but it isn't looking likely considering she is gone from Mad Cool...

And yeah, I was viewing it as he was finishing his tour dates in 2020 and then would be back in 2021 just doing one off shows (e.g. Glasto) - I don't think he is planning on quitting performing entirely... It's quite possible it still won't happen but considering he is literally playing as close to the festival as possible (week before Bristol, then a week gap till he plays Swansea) then he is set up as well as he could be. If Taylor had that kind of gap you'd be all over it.

2 hours ago, Weird said:

What festivals have dropped Kendrick that he was originally slated for?

A reliable informer for Rock Wertcher has said he is not back there which doesn't look good. Opener rolled over a bunch of acts from their announced 2021 lineup and Kdot was not one of them...

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

A reliable informer for Rock Wertcher has said he is not back there which doesn't look good. Opener rolled over a bunch of acts from their announced 2021 lineup and Kdot was not one of them...

Who? Ken? Because I don't recall him saying that. 

Didn't Kendrick start announcing dates for the following year in september? I recall him doing that in 2019 (for 20) en 2020 (for 21). So we'll know more next month.

6 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Who? Ken? Because I don't recall him saying that. 

Didn't Kendrick start announcing dates for the following year in september? I recall him doing that in 2019 (for 20) en 2020 (for 21). So we'll know more next month.

I do recall last year a number of festivals Kendrick was slated for announcing early and without him. Probably because they were facing massive costs through cancellations and refunds and needed to get a lineup out and tickets on sale as soon as they possibly could, they didn't want to wait for him to decide whether he's going to tour or not, and it's been the same again this year. Glastonbury can afford to be a bit more relaxed given that they don't need to sell tickets as quickly as possible.

Looks like Kendrick's album is finally on the horizon so I'd be surprised if he wasn't plugging it in some capacity next year.

As I said earlier though, the festival will have had a yes/no/maybe from the original trio a while back and will be planning accordingly. We know for a fact at least one will not be returning.

Edited by Hugh Jass

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Sheeran also played parks in Ipswich and Leeds last tour so it’s not as if he’s above them.

They were the biggest venues in those places though. I’d be surprised at Sheeran doing BST with there being four bigger London stadiums he could do off his own back, and him likely being the biggest ticket-shifter on tour next year.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

They were the biggest venues in those places though. I’d be surprised at Sheeran doing BST with there being four bigger London stadiums he could do off his own back, and him likely being the biggest ticket-shifter on tour next year.

Maybe BST have chucked a shedload of cash at him, or maybe he just wants to play Hyde Park? It’s a pretty iconic venue.

All I’m saying it’s hardly a stretch to imagine he’d do it.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Was it ever mentioned here that a Dutch radio DJ said McCartney was playing in Netherlands next summer? Read it on the ‘Maccaboard’ and I know it’s only a small rumour but I’m investing a lot of faith in it.

When was this? Don’t recall that ever being mentioned but very promising news if true along with the little bit of info we already had. 

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Taylor Swift was down to play BST in 2020 despite selling out Wembley previously...